Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Same here! Only thing putting me off is the distance between Trinity Halls and the College itself and the costs of transport daily :/

They look pretty good though, know some people there this year and they all seriously recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Our career guidance teacher showed us the Al Pacino speech last week

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Glee_GG wrote: »
    They look pretty good though, know some people there this year and they all seriously recommend it!

Trinity halls?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Trinity halls?

Yep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

motivation-motivation-demotivational-poster-1270960702.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Currently nursing a Cao induced headache, been set on Law all year and now starting to love the idea of psychology :(

Never mind Law or psychology, I think you've just mentioned your one true vocation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

kingcobra wrote: »
    Never mind Law or psychology, I think you've just mentioned your one true vocation :D

Ah yes! :D Haha, no science subject though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Since the change of mind I'm completely doubting myself, idk if I want to do biomed anymore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

peekachoo wrote: »
    Since the change of mind I'm completely doubting myself, idk if I want to do biomed anymore :P

That's what I wanted to do at the start of the year, settled on Science in Trinty. Do that :P

That's what I wanted to do at the start of the year, settled on Science in Trinty. Do that :P

oh stop, don't tempt me :P

• Advertisement

oh stop, don't tempt me :P

Good point. Don't know why I'm upping the interest :P no need to inflate the points any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Do you know what disgusts? I'm studying my ass off to pay the doles of the guys in my class who do nothing but waste time.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

Anyone know if the Button Factory is strict on ID? Thats where we are going for grad night but my friends won't be 18 for then :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Prodigious wrote: »
    I was never told that. To be quite honest I believe there will always be demand for people with CS degrees. Technology will always be developing and improving. But I'm happy enough to emigrate anyway.

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone, what i mean to say is that's what people were told about architecture 10 years ago, but if someone wants to go into CS because they like it, not cause there are large employment opportunities ATM, go for it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Yeah, this whole thing of picking IT and computer science is ridiculous! Every student in the country is being told the same thing, there are going to be too many people qualified in computers in 5 or 10 years, more than there are jobs, half of these people are going to end up emigrating or on the dole, I reckon!

I dunno, whatever about the employment prospects, admittedly people used say "Sure we'll always be building new buildings, we'll always need architects!" but with Computer Science it's very much so a marmite subject I do think you should love it, if you haven't a clue what you want to do it ain't computer science! Also while everyone talks about a demand for programmers there's a demand for GOOD programmers, and you really have to like it to be good at it! Like it's not like Law or something where when you have a degree that's half the battle fought, CS is all about your talent, like you could have degrees and certs coming out of your ears but another programmer who's never went to Uni could get the job instead because s/he is simply better at programming!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

decisions wrote: »
    I don't actually know whether that would motivate you for LC (maybe!) but it's well worth a watch at some stage.

He was quite an inspiring guy, not to mention quite funny, with a definitely unconventional take on academic life / lots of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

We're getting a talk tomorrow on how to deal with stress and anxiety, and how to deal with failure .. Hopefully it will be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

How do people make good study timetables? I just can't anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

decisions wrote: »
    I'm going NUIM too :D

Same! :D what course u thinking if doing? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Science :D yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

My art has gone so well :D Feel so motivated now for the Art History study! :P

Lads what kinda Irish essays are ye learning?
    I have a whole folder of them but there's no way I'll learn them all off!
    I'm thinking education, the Irish language, the gathering?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

A grand oul shtory learned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I had my whole plan for tomorrow's day off because of sports day sorted, that was until the weather ruined it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Lads what kinda Irish essays are ye learning?
    I have a whole folder of them but there's no way I'll learn them all off!
    I'm thinking education, the Irish language, the gathering?!

Oideachas, Imirce and Fadhbanna na Tíre

Our bus for sports day tomorrow isn't leaving until 10 tomorrow yet I've to be in school at 8:45 to put my art exam into the bag! I've no luck! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

We don't get sports day :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

+1

Neither do we but we organise various boys vs girls matches and stuff, and against the teachers too, best craic ever!

• Advertisement

Our sports day tomorrow consists of of going to be beach for a walk around and get food! Isn't the most active sports days! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement