Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

The fact that today is completely cancelled out as a day of study after going out last night means that I really need to stay in now until June (minus graduation night) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I really feel the production of ethanoic acid is ready likely to come up as the organic experiment this year, its only ever come up once before in 2006!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Ahhhhh I love championship football now! It has provided some quality study breaks for the last few weeks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Class finish to the Watford game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

For those of you interested in my grad night outfit dilemma will be thankful that to know that I may not be going topless after all \o/ I may have just discovered a nicely matching top in the wardrobe but I am far too lazy to try it on to see if it actually matches :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Anyone got any feel good songs they listen to while studying?

Personally I'm addicted to "Young Forever" by Jay Z atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Class finish to the Watford game

Watford are always good entertainment! United game now in a bit. Fergie :( Can. Not. Cope. :(

Chemistry: Equations of Organic Experiments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

For those of you interested in my grad night outfit dilemma will be thankful that to know that I may not be going topless after all \o/ I may have just discovered a nicely matching top in the wardrobe but I am far too lazy to try it on to see if it actually matches :L

if it makes you feel better I'm not grad dress shopping until Saturday and my Grad is the Wednesday and I don't live near shops...what happens when I don't find anything? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

peekachoo wrote: »
    if it makes you feel better I'm not grad dress shopping until Saturday and my Grad is the Wednesday and I don't live near shops...what happens when I don't find anything? :pac:

Birthday suit :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

No idea what I'm going to wear for grad. Going to have to sort something out this week. The effort :(

I'm not too bothered about what imma wear for the grad night, chinos and shirt no bother! Sure they'll probably end up covered in drink and/or puke by the end of the night anyway, classy guy that I am ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

^ Having been drinking with him before I can absolutely confirm that.

It confuses the heck out of me when people on here call their grad mass the 'grad' :pac: In our school our grad mass is called a grad mass and our 'debs' is called the grad :pac:

I'm not too bothered about what imma wear for the grad night, chinos and shirt no bother! Sure they'll probably end up covered in drink and/or puke by the end of the night anyway, classy guy that I am ;)

The classy-ness really depends on if it's your own or someone else's

The classy-ness really depends on if it's your own or someone else's

By the time I wake up in the morning I won't know whose it was ;)

Colm! speaks the truth, as I remember at that party I wasn't able to stand at one point ;)

The joys of not drinking :cool:

Prodigious wrote: »
    The joys of not drinking :cool:

I agree, being most sober person leads to some very funny situations that nobody else remembers anything about....perfect blackmail material.

kingcobra wrote: »
    It confuses the heck out of me when people on here call their grad mass the 'grad' :pac: In our school our grad mass is called a grad mass and our 'debs' is called the grad :pac:

Same! :P The grads/debs and the graduation mass all over lap on here it's so confusing :pac:

Grad = Graduation night
    Grad mass = Grad mass
    Debs = Debs

Simples.

• Advertisement

Grad = Graduation night
    Grad mass = Grad mass
    Debs = Debs

Simples.

Or...
    Grad Mass = Grad Mass
    Grad = Grad :pac:

Our graduation night is just our grad mass anyway :P

kingcobra wrote: »
    Or...
    Grad Mass = Grad Mass
    Grad = Grad :pac:

Our graduation night is just our grad mass anyway :P

I take it Bluejay isn't going topless to mass. That's why grad =/= grad mass.

I take it Bluejay isn't going topless to mass. That's why grad =/= grad mass.

No. "Grad mass" is in full uniform. This is then followed by "grad night", on the same night, which involves a drink with the teachers and then everyone heading to a club and getting shamefully drunk.

Debs is a whole other kettle of fish in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

wow never heard of all that before i simply had graduation , then debs :P

Actually our grad night (ie. grad party in the north-eastern dialect :P) is fancy dress and I don't have an earthly clue of what I'll dress up as :pac:

This is what you need. Thinking of getting it for the debs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

No. "Grad mass" is in full uniform. This is then followed by "grad night", on the same night, which involves a drink with the teachers and then everyone heading to a club and getting shamefully drunk.

Debs is a whole other kettle of fish in August.

for our grad mass we're dressed in what we go out in as we go out straight after :P

peekachoo wrote: »
    for our grad mass we're dressed in what we go out in as we go out straight after :P

Us too.

Do ye go out by day or is the mass at night? :pac:

• Advertisement

Our mass is 7.30 till like 9.30. Then we go to the pub with the teachers, then onto a nightclub.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement