Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

We finished today! It's kinda mad to think that I'm done secondary school forever and that nothing will ever be the same again. It still feels like I'll be back to the age-old routine of putting on the uniform, heading to school, going through classes and hanging around with the usual group of friends in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I still have the best part of two weeks left, I'll get emotional about it later. :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Still have a couple days left(Although we were told graduation preparations will take up a chunk of next week so I dunno what we really have left) then graduation on the Thursday.
    It is really weird how much things will change after it and if the years to come are able to go as fast. Jesus like, scary world. Kinda buzzing at the same time though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Still have a week left but today was the first time that it actually felt like we're close to leaving.

There we were sitting in geography, reading a photocopy about culture in Brazil. We get to the bottom of the page only to discover that the bottom paragraph is cut off. So the teacher gives the original to one of the girls to read out the missing part to us and she leaves the room saying she has something to do. 5 minutes later she comes back in and tells us to go into the next room, saying not to tell anyone because she had a "mean reputation to keep up". We all stared back skeptically at her but headed to the next room. And what did we find there? She had laid out a tea party for us! Scones, jam, biscuits, orange juice, tea, the works. She got up at 5 this morning to make us scones! I have never seen a cuter teacher in my life, <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

There are rumours in the local paper that One Direction could be playing here in Cusack Park in September...............and it seems deadly serious as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Yeah time be cray alright :p Like where did the time go since Christmas?! Seriously, blink and you'd miss it!

• Advertisement

There are rumours in the local paper that One Direction could be playing here in Cusack Park in September...............and it seems deadly serious as well.

Thats very interesting. All of it... Theres a big announcement being announced tomorrow at 10 past 12 http://www.onebigannouncement.com/ and for some reason its really speculated to be cool news for Ireland(I dunno, maybe its just because Im in Ireland, maybe if I was in Norway it'd be speculated huge news for Norway-if that makes sense)
    And a stadium tour is the thing people are throwing around the most, like Croke Park and a few others and a Mullingar pitch would be totally be possible!
    And mid Aug-mid Sept they have a break from touring.. But they'd hardley go from America-Ireland-Australia? Maybe next year... Oooohhh 12:10 cant come fast enough, Ill be going cray at my phone!

deise_girl wrote: »
    Thats very interesting. All of it... Theres a big announcement being announced tomorrow at 10 past 12 http://www.onebigannouncement.com/ and for some reason its really speculated to be cool news for Ireland(I dunno, maybe its just because Im in Ireland, maybe if I was in Norway it'd be speculated huge news for Norway-if that makes sense)
    And a stadium tour is the thing people are throwing around the most, like Croke Park and a few others and a Mullingar pitch would be totally be possible!
    And mid Aug-mid Sept they have a break from touring.. But they'd hardley go from America-Ireland-Australia? Maybe next year... Oooohhh 12:10 cant come fast enough, Ill be going cray at my phone!

The specific dates it mentioned were the 13/14 of September I think. Imagine One Direction playing in a GAA pitch in Mullingar!

The specific dates it mentioned were the 13/14 of September I think. Imagine One Direction playing in a GAA pitch in Mullingar!

Well there in Australia for a concert the 23rd so theyre not already booked like.. It'd be slightly crazy but possible.. Thats just after when their movie is going to the cinema too.. Hmmmmmm
    Imagine is right, most unexpected thing ever hahaha
    Is there anything on the newspapers website about this by any chance?

Well there in Australia for a concert the 23rd so theyre not already booked like.. It'd be slightly crazy but possible.. Thats just after when their movie is going to the cinema too.. Hmmmmmm
    Imagine is right, most unexpected thing ever hahaha
    Is there anything on the newspapers website about this by any chance?
    http://www.topic.ie/news/item/279-one-direction-coming-to-mullingar?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Graduation tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Still have a couple days left(Although we were told graduation preparations will take up a chunk of next week so I dunno what we really have left) then graduation on the Thursday.
    It is really weird how much things will change after it and if the years to come are able to go as fast. Jesus like, scary world. Kinda buzzing at the same time though :D

Its actually so scary to think how different our lives are going to be this time next year! Every year up until now itd be uniforms and maths books!

At the moment though I get so sad at everything, it probably being one of the last times! Without a doubt there are peoole and things that drive me.mad about my school, but almost every teacher I love!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

The principal's/year head's speech is really the point where you realise you're done because they start spieling on about how you grew going from 1st to 6th year, and their speech is really reminiscent of all the speeches they've given before :pac: I could guarantee you that that'll be the point where most people start crying :P

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Hope I'll make people cry in my speech :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Legion. wrote: »
    Hope I'll make people cry in my speech :D

How come you're doing a speech? :)

Prodigious wrote: »
    How come you're doing a speech? :)

The trials and tribulations of being Head Boy hahaha.

Fun stuff! Best of luck!

Prodigious wrote: »
    Fun stuff! Best of luck!

Thanks :) The one I made at my debs went down quite well, hopefully this one will be good with all the families etc there too !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Here's a fun image for you all -
    My dog got out earlier and he was running amok out in the green (this isn't a good thing as he'd more than likely attack strangers) so I was running around the estate in mix and match pajamas, no shoes, banging a fork off a dog tin can trying to get him home

It's always me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

3 weeks to go, getting excited :)

No, really, I'm looking forward to it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

peekachoo wrote: »
    Here's a fun image for you all -
    My dog got out earlier and he was running amok out in the green (this isn't a good thing as he'd more than likely attack strangers) so I was running around the estate in mix and match pajamas, no shoes, banging a fork off a dog tin can trying to get him home

It's always me :pac:
    I suppose your neighbours were like this looking out the window :p

Love using that lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What's pink and hard?

Maths Paper 2 :Pac:

I may have the prospect of a summer job. However, it is not exactly the kind of place I had in mind............

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

So my dress for the grad didn't arrive and should have been here yesterday so I tracked it and someone signed for it but they used my name so I don't know who has it :( ill prob have to go to all the neighbours to find it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Out of the blue totally today during the last class our principal came in and told us not to come in tomorrow and to only.come in after that for for certainty classes like Maths :( I can't believe that 13 years of formal education is over like that :( I don't wanna go out into the big bad world! D:

I may have the prospect of a summer job. However, it is not exactly the kind of place I had in mind............

if_you_know_what_i_mean_mr_bea.jpg

We had a really nice last day. We spent a few classes just reminiscing on the good times, and having the craic with the teachers. Really enjoyed it, great way to end the year. Can't wait for tomorrow evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Why are people so mean? We asked people today to bring in €5 to buy presents and they acted as if we asked them for their organs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Grad night tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

So my dress for the grad didn't arrive and should have been here yesterday so I tracked it and someone signed for it but they used my name so I don't know who has it :( ill prob have to go to all the neighbours to find it :(

That happened to me before and it turned out the couriers had just said they'd delivered it or something :/ i got it a day or two later, and they just said they didn't know anything about it. When we rang the place I ordered it from they said it had been signed for, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Flabangav wrote: »
    That happened to me before and it turned out the couriers had just said they'd delivered it or something :/ i got it a day or two later, and they just said they didn't know anything about it. When we rang the place I ordered it from they said it had been signed for, too.

I got it anyway .. The courier had left it around the back of the house and signed my name .. Our gates were closed aswell so he must have jumped over the wall! Anyway on the Internet you can see the exact signature so it was kinda weird cause none of the neighbours had it! Anyway we rang up and now I think the delivery man is getting in trouble over it! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement