Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Lena is super annoying!

Ah no. She's lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

The UK don't deserve our 7 points! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

7 to the UK
    1 from UK to us,

Hmmmmmmmmm
    we'll get our revenge next year!

Ah no. She's lovely!

I'm just grumpy cause we're in last :o

7 to the UK
    1 from UK to us,

Hmmmmmmmmm
    we'll get our revenge next year!

Did that happen one year where they gave us 12 and we gave them 6? I remember something on facebook about it where it was like 'we'll give you the other 6 when we get our 6 countries back' .. Or something along the lines of that! :)

• Advertisement

Awwwww Cyprus gave us 2 :)
    and they werent going to let any other countries give their vote cause theres already a winner

At least we're first last. Not too many other countries can say that.

At least we're first last. Not too many other countries can say that.

...........:confused:
    Sorry, what do you mean by that?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

...........:confused:
    Sorry, what do you mean by that?
    its our first time ever on the eurovision to finish last :pac:

user.name wrote: »

and technically its not last, cause we did qualify from the semi finals :)

• Advertisement

No, I meant we came first last. First out of the people who came last.

No, I meant we came first last. First out of the people who came last.

Whoops :P sorry :D
    I'm evidently overworked and exhausted by the pressures of the LC, to the point where I can't interpret basic English

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

user.name wrote: »

Dervish came last in 2007.

Dervish came last in 2007.

Congrats on the posting 8000th post! :D
    That's some achievment :p

I actually think I'm in shock.

I still don't get it :( I think I just need to go to sleep at this stage!

I'm drowning my Eurovision sorrow by listening to ABBA on Youtube......

This is going to be class! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Basically a summary of the thread reading over it this morning:
    "I love Eurovision this is so good, come on Ireland WOOOOO!"
    *Ireland comes last*
    "I hate the Eurovision its such a joke I don't know why I am even watching it!"

Anyway all in all I though that the standard this year was high, there were some fantastic songs, definitely Ireland didn't deserve last but Europe is a temperamental thing, last year I thought Denmark might be a dark horse to win and they came second last, and look at them now! :L

With regards to the UK only giving us 1 point and us giving 6 back, we actually have a very long history of the UK giving us 12 and us giving 6 back!

Lastly about neighbours giving each other points its not "bloc-voting" that's a lazy excuse, its more to do with shared culture, a song that's big in Lithuania is likely to be big in Latvia and Estonia also! And anyway Denmark, Germany, Sweden and Norway have demonstrated that Western European countries can win it with the right song!

I wouldn't like to be waking up as Ryan Dolan this morning. Great expectations and then complete failure.

I think we need something bigger than the Late Late when we're picking entries. 5 singers and songs that have already been chosen by producers or whoever is a seriously limited choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Lads last years maths p2, the construction question - how do I construct an angle of 15 degrees without a protractor? Only realising now the constructions don't seem to be as clear cut as 'construct the centroid of a triangle'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Slow Show wrote: »
    Lads last years maths p2, the construction question - how do I construct an angle of 15 degrees without a protractor? Only realising now the constructions don't seem to be as clear cut as 'construct the centroid of a triangle'...

Draw an equilateral triangle and bisect one of the angles twice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I wouldn't like to be waking up as Ryan Dolan this morning. Great expectations and then complete failure.

I think we need something bigger than the Late Late when we're picking entries. 5 singers and songs that have already been chosen by producers or whoever is a seriously limited choice.

In Sweden they go all out, they have 32 songs, and they're showcased 8 every week and the show moves all around Sweden in a different venue every week, the final is held in a 50,000 seater arena in Stockholm it is bigger than the Eurovision itself in Sweden and in fairness it seems to pay, all the finalists this year could've been Eurovision winners themselves! In comparison a miserable Late late show where we bring in Linda Martin/ Niamh Kavanagh/ Bucks fizz and reminisce about when we were good at it just isn't working!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

It's a really short construction. You just have to draw a line segment of any length and draw two arcs from either end point. Then just join the point of intersection of the two arcs to one of the end points of the line segment and then you'll have an angle of 60 degrees :)

Edit- the arc has to be the length of the line segment. That's the most important bit, don't know how I left it out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Planned to do 5 hours of studying today and here's me playing Minecraft, escaping from creepers....

In Sweden they go all out, they have 32 songs, and they're showcased 8 every week and the show moves all around Sweden in a different venue every week, the final is held in a 50,000 seater arena in Stockholm it is bigger than the Eurovision itself in Sweden and in fairness it seems to pay, all the finalists this year could've been Eurovision winners themselves! In comparison a miserable Late late show where we bring in Linda Martin/ Niamh Kavanagh/ Bucks fizz and reminisce about when we were good at it just isn't working!

Exactly. Clearly the Late Late format isn't working. I'm sure they got sent in a huge volume of great songs that would have been better (although Only Love Survives was a decent attempt, in my opinion anyway) but we only got to hear the personal preference of the 5 'mentors' or whatever they call themselves. Anything would be better than the way it's currently done really.

Like RTE have a new show called "The Hit" on over the summer, I think there was a pilot on about a year ago from which Roy Seven got a song. It's basically a song writing competition where two artists try to get the biggest 'hit' from the song they choose. I'm sure there'll be some good songs entered into that so clearly they're out there somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Just seen it was 15 degrees you asked for... never mind :pac: Clearly 15 and 60 look alike >.> :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Thanks guys! Lawd, looking at last year's big trig question, good lord. In fairness I would've gotten the a part (55 marks!) and at least a partial credit for the b part but the rest of it...I'm just sitting here wasting my time by staring at it in awe...I really hope we don't get anything as scary as that. :o

Slow Show wrote: »
    Thanks guys! Lawd, looking at last year's big trig question, good lord. In fairness I would've gotten the a part (55 marks!) and at least a partial credit for the b part but the rest of it...I'm just sitting here wasting my time by staring at it in awe...I really hope we don't get anything as scary as that. :o

I've just had a quick glance at it and I don't think I'd even know where to start with a........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Studying in my back garden, not a cloud in the sky. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement