Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Slow Show wrote: »
    Thanks guys! Lawd, looking at last year's big trig question, good lord. In fairness I would've gotten the a part (55 marks!) and at least a partial credit for the b part but the rest of it...I'm just sitting here wasting my time by staring at it in awe...I really hope we don't get anything as scary as that. :o
    I've just had a quick glance at it and I don't think I'd even know where to start with a........

The robotic arm? Some of my attempts at that were absolutely lol-worthy. Translations and constructions and pretty much everything on the Maths course apart from the actual right method

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

The robotic arm? Some of my attempts at that were absolutely lol-worthy. Translations and constructions and pretty much everything on the Maths course apart from the actual right method

Our teacher told us not to worry about that robotic arm question that it caused uproar last year and they wouldn't go near it again! If they do when they're correcting it the vast majority of the marks will go for the earlier parts of the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Incase anyone cares (probably not) but in the Eurovision semi finals we came 8th, Lithuania and Estonia were the 2 countries that qualified for the final but did worse than us in the semi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Incase anyone cares (probably not) but in the Eurovision semi finals we came 8th, Lithuania and Estonia were the 2 countries that qualified for the final but did worse than us in the semi.

Correct. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

We got 6 points from the UK in the semi. If I remember right from when I looked at it last night, the scores from the 2nd semi were more evenly spread. We got something like 54 points but whoever came 10th in the 2nd semi had like 64.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Prodigious wrote: »
    Correct. :p

Hardy har har har
    You're just sooooo funny!

:D

Is anyone else being force fed bad food by their parents? As in ice cream, chocolate and sh1te?
    First time ever I've actually started a routine workout and watching what I eat and BOOM, the other buys a tonne of Kinder Buenos, Jaffa cakes, and Ice cream. She just brought up a bowl of ice cream, and I swear to god it was over half a block.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

For our graduation we're doing a time capsule that we're are going to dig up as part of our reunion in 20 years. I want to put in a questionnaire kinda thing so I'll have something to hopefully laugh about :P

Anyone have any sugesstions for questions I could answer? :P

Jade. wrote: »
    For our graduation we're doing a time capsule that we're are going to dig up as part of our reunion in 20 years. I want to put in a questionnaire kinda thing so I'll have something to hopefully laugh about :P

Anyone have any sugesstions for questions I could answer? :P

Sounds like good craic!

Hobbies right now
    Music interests
    Favourite celebrities
    Lads/girls you currently have a crush on
    What you think you'll get in the leaving
    Where you think you'll be in 20 years
    Bucket list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Is anyone else being force fed bad food by their parents? As in ice cream, chocolate and sh1te?
    First time ever I've actually started a routine workout and watching what I eat and BOOM, the other buys a tonne of Kinder Buenos, Jaffa cakes, and Ice cream. She just brought up a bowl of ice cream, and I swear to god it was over half a block.
    This, since the mocks. But between now and the 5th I'm eating properly, no fizzy drinks, crisps or icecream and I'm sticking mainly to dark chocolate.

Now that I look at it I'm really eating quite primal.

• Advertisement

decisions wrote: »
    This, since the mocks. But between now and the 5th I'm eating properly, no fizzy drinks, crisps or icecream and I'm sticking mainly to dark chocolate.

Now that I look at it I'm really eating quite primal.

Gotta look good for this rainbow run yoke :cool:

Sounds like good craic!

Hobbies right now
    Music interests
    Favourite celebrities
    Lads/girls you currently have a crush on
    What you think you'll get in the leaving
    Where you think you'll be in 20 years
    Bucket list
    Thank you :D Bucket list is an interesting idea actually too... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

My addiction to Jaffa cakes is crazy! There must be something in them! :)

My addiction to Jaffa cakes is crazy! There must be something in them! :)

It's called sugar :P

I was very addicted to chocolate hobnobs for ages.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Lol my eating habits are gone to ****! Kinda like yourselves my mam is just buying obscene amounts of cakes, ice creams, chocolates... Its so hard though, coz it looks to be exactly what you need in the middle of/right after studying! How it deceives you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrySeoighe

Hey is anyone planning of going to collage in Dublin? I am hoping to go DIT, Cathal Brugha Street.
    I was wondering if anyone know of good accommodation around there? I was looking at the National Collage of Irelands campus but it hard to find where exactly it is.

If anyone has any idea how that campus is please let me know, or if u kno of another campus close by that would be good too. Thanks. :)

Last Monday in school tomorrow. The end is nigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

No school tomorrow and Championship play off final is on. Fantastic!

No school tomorrow and Championship play off final is on. Fantastic!

The playoff final's tomorrow week. I thought it was tomorrow as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

:(

• Advertisement

It's probably better that way anyway. Spreads the season out a bit more :D

Last day ever in school tomorrow! Don't know how I feel about this...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Your last day is a Monday? Seems a bit strange, no? :P

Legion. wrote: »
    Your last day is a Monday? Seems a bit strange, no? :P

It is alright :P But our graduation mass is Tuesday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Just to freak everyone out in the.middle of English paper 2 imma put up my hand and ask for log tables B)

Just to freak everyone out in the.middle of English paper 2 imma put up my hand and ask for log tables B)

I'm going to do the constant asking for more paper thing :cool:

I hate Wordsworth, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Out of the Five poets we've done, he'd be my fourth choice of preference. Would be my fifth, but I don't see Kinsella coming up again haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Legion. wrote: »
    Out of the Five poets we've done, he'd be my fourth choice of preference. Would be my fifth, but I don't see Kinsella coming up again haha.

i'm really hoping i prove everyone wrong and kinsella comes up again lol

• Advertisement

It's days like these I'm glad that we're only 3 days away from finishing. Some people seriously need to get themselves in line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement