Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

5th to the 18th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Jade. wrote: »
    Considering Thursday nights are the best in town it's a good day to finish up :D

Don't act like yo didn't plan for this to happen... your whole subject choice was based on getting out that Thursday night wasn't it? :p

Despite the fact that the LC timetable wasn't released when you picked your subjects ... but still >.> :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

5th to the 18th

Same as me so, pretty much. Chemistry, yeah? I remember last year when one of my friends still had to Chem to do when I was done and I might have rubbed it in a bit :pac: Safe to say he's gonna enjoy it this year when I'm one of the last people to finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Done on the 21st. Go me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

In for at least 1 exam a day from the 5th to 12th and then have until the 17th for my final exam, giving me practically 5 days to study accounting.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Dodo Bird

Hi, I do not know if this is the right forum but..
    Hey, everyone, I need a little advice/help here choosing my subjects for LC
    These are the subjects I want to do:
    Biology-
    Chemistry-
    Geography-
    Business-
    Economics-
    Ag. Scince-Home
    Now I have to choose 3 from the list apart from Ag. Science which I would be definitely doing at home
    Which of the subjects can be studied at home and which can't, due to projects or too hard to understand yourself, I do not plan to get grinds so that is out of the question
    And one more thing what is the LC statistics in HL for German and Italian what of the 2 do people get better grades in ??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Same as me so, pretty much. Chemistry, yeah? I remember last year when one of my friends still had to Chem to do when I was done and I might have rubbed it in a bit :pac: Safe to say he's gonna enjoy it this year when I'm one of the last people to finish

ya chemistry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Oh man only dragging myself from bed now after last night...on a scale of 0-10 my cuts and bruises tell me it was a 10 night. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

In there until the 21st!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Don't act like yo didn't plan for this to happen... your whole subject choice was based on getting out that Thursday night wasn't it? :p

Despite the fact that the LC timetable wasn't released when you picked your subjects ... but still >.> :pac:

Oh of course :P I was dying to do all the lovely subjects at the end of the timetable but my social life had to come first! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Finished on the 21st :cool:

You'd think I'd be studying with a week and a bit until the leaving, but no. I'm heading to an 18th.

Priorities?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I'm in until the 21st :( everyone is finished with ages in my school :( I think I might go out the night of French cause I've a break from then until the next Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Finished on the 13th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Finished 12.30 on the 14th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Finished on the 20th. I've almost a week off after Biology, then Accounting the Monday, Spanish the Tuesday and Music on the Thursday. I've only 2 days with 2 exams on the same day. :D

Lads..... I'm scared !

We've only been gone one day and I already miss the place. :(

Not for the first Friday night I'm sat at home watching the Late Late. Life can't get much better :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Dodo Bird wrote: »
    Hi, I do not know if this is the right forum but..
    Hey, everyone, I need a little advice/help here choosing my subjects for LC
    These are the subjects I want to do:
    Biology-
    Chemistry-
    Geography-
    Business-
    Economics-
    Ag. Scince-Home
    Now I have to choose 3 from the list apart from Ag. Science which I would be definitely doing at home
    Which of the subjects can be studied at home and which can't, due to projects or too hard to understand yourself, I do not plan to get grinds so that is out of the question
    And one more thing what is the LC statistics in HL for German and Italian what of the 2 do people get better grades in ??
    Thanks

I think you could definitely manage business or economics yourself at home , they both involve sitting down and learning the book, once you follow with the marking scheme online you really just need to learn the course yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm in until the 19th .. Accounting the 17th, chemistry the 18th, and economics the 19th .. Fairly horrible week for me :|

I keep getting the funniest flashbacks of last night!! :P The fact that I managed to loose my shoe in the middle of Savoys dance floor was just traumatising :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I'm scared. I'm tire.d I've no motivation and I'm stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

yournerd wrote: »
    I'm scared. I'm tire.d I've no motivation and I'm stupid.

Aren't we all at times? When this happens i take an hour/few hours/evening up to you off and just have me time , you will feel better tomorrow and you can get back into the study! :) i believe in you... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    Aren't we all at times? When this happens i take an hour/few hours/evening up to you off and just have me time , you will feel better tomorrow and you can get back into the study! :) i believe in you... :P

Yeah I took yesterdy off for grad and today was with my friend all day. Plus library is now closed on saturdays so Im fucccccccked.

Jade. wrote: »
    I keep getting the funniest flashbacks of last night!! :P The fact that I managed to loose my shoe in the middle of Savoys dance floor was just traumatising :pac:

Savoy was fairly awesome last night, I found about 2 ID's on the floor people had just lost them! (I did give them to security of course, cause I'm a responsible b*stard ;) )

Savoy was fairly awesome last night, I found about 2 ID's on the floor people had just lost them! (I did give them to security of course, cause I'm a responsible b*stard ;) )

Ah here! Plenty of people would love a id they could alter for themselves.(Not me obviously :rolleyes: ) Think of the poor individuals who will still be 17 when the leaving is over!

I was alright! One of the best nights out in a good while :P Oh very responsible of you! ;)

Prodigious wrote: »
    Ah here! Plenty of people would love a id they could alter for themselves.(Not me obviously :rolleyes: ) Think of the poor individuals who will still be 17 when the leaving is over!

They were girls ones so they were no use to me! And sure if anyone asks I was a 20 yr old accounting student last night ;)

• Advertisement

They were girls ones so they were no use to me! And sure if anyone asks I was a 20 yr old accounting student last night ;)

Ah right, fair enough! :D The name Mary wouldn't suit me anyway! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement