Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

I finish the 18th but it turns out my driving test is the 21st... So nervous :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I despise the questions:

"Write a personal response to the poetry of XXXX"

Ask me something specific, dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

In other news, Ireland still complains about recession and yet there was approx €24,000,000 spent on one direction tickets this morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Prodigious wrote: »
    I despise the questions:

Personally, I think that is the easiest question you could possibly get. Try to understand what the poem is saying and relate it to yourself. Like if it was a old man, diagnosed with Alzhemeirs (spelling), pretend that your grandad has the same thing and maybe elaborate more like he was a WW2 veteran or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

peekachoo wrote: »
    In other news, Ireland still complains about recession and yet there was approx €24,000,000 spent on one direction tickets this morning :pac:

Sad to say I contributed to that! Can't believe I'm paying €80 to go somewhere I don't want to be :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

There was a queue of people camping overnight on main street in town for tickets. I didn't think people actually did that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

There was a queue of people camping overnight on main street in town for tickets. I didn't think people actually did that :pac:

I've seen that before, I think the tickets were for U2 or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Prodigious wrote: »
    I despise the questions:

If we get a question like that we're laughing ! :P All you do is give your opinion/interpretation while throwing "I think, I feel, In my opinion, It helped me to realise..". Of course it could depend on the poet, but I would very much like a question similar to that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I spent more time creating content for an criu craiceailta than I have spent studying in the past couple of months. The teachers said it was never too late to start studying so I guess I'm accepting that challenge by starting today. Damn you glandular fever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Oh frozen, one does not choose the Facebook content creator life, the content creator life chooses them.

• Advertisement

People queue all night for nearly every concert! Some people are crazy enough to camp for tickets that you could bet your life on the tickets being available up to the day of the show :P

I've seen that before, I think the tickets were for U2 or something....
    Jade. wrote: »
    People queue all night for nearly every concert! Some people are crazy enough to camp for tickets that you could bet your life on the tickets being available up to the day of the show :P

First time I've come across it. Yeah, I was just about to say it's hardly necessary like, sure at most you're just going to be a few spaces in front of the people who arrive in the morning? Maybe that's just in our small poor excuse for town up here :P

There's some crazy people out there! :P And the box offices only get a few tickets when they sell out straight away so unless you're first your getting none! :pac:

I was at a seated concert a few weeks ago and people still queued for hours to get in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Probably can't find this because I'm stupidly tired but the examinations website marking scheme doesn't have the answers to the 2005 irish tape work?! Anyone know where to actually get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

252 hours is the scary one

And then when you take the sleeping time out of the 252 hours......

Then take away the procrastinating hours... I've about 10 minutes left :pac:

Jade. wrote: »
    Then take away the procrastinating hours... I've about 10 minutes left :pac:

Don't! Don't :p

If I'd used all the hours I'd spent on boards/IRC/facebook/the internet in general I would feel an awful lot more prepared.

• Advertisement

I don't do stress, or nerves, generally, but I'm actually scared now.

If I'd used all the hours I'd spent on boards/IRC/facebook/the internet in general I would feel an awful lot more prepared.

Speaking of which, we haven't had IRC in a good while... hint hint

I'd like to think that if I had all those hours back I'd actually use them producitvely but I'd probably just spend them on Boards again

I'd like to think that if I had all those hours back I'd actually use them producitvely but I'd probably just spend them on Boards again

webchat.quakenet.org

I'd like to think the same thing too but I think I'm hooked too much at this stage. There is no going back.

Managed to get 3 hours of studying done today and I was delighted about it so I told my parents about and now they're taking me out for lunch! Happy days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Managed to get 3 hours of studying done today and I was delighted about it so I told my parents about and now they're taking me out for lunch! Happy days! :D

UGHH SHOWOFF

:D

HugsiePie wrote: »
    UGHH SHOWOFF

:D

Ah don't be jealous haha!

No not really going for lunch 'cause I did three hours of studying today haha. Honestly don't know what's the celebration. :p

Is it just me or is "Dís" impossible to answer a question on? Nothing happens! My answer is going around in circles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Dís and Hurlamaboc are generally ridiculously difficult to answer on; An Gnáthrud a bit less so; Oisín is probably the easiest and Cáca Milis could go either way from being simple to the most difficult there is depending on the question.

Why must there be so many stories in which very little happens?

• Advertisement

The stories just have no meaning to them what so ever.

Me and my zero imagination could write something a lot more interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement