Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

I just watched caca milis and I don't even do Irish :D I suck at studying :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

What essays are ye covering for Irish?
    I think I'll just do education, Irish language and the gathering. I'm really not bothered :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

From going to bed at 4 one night and getting up at 10 the next morning to going to falling asleep on the couch at half nine last nine and getting up at 8, it's fair to say my sleeping pattern's all over the place.

I've also gone into that "It's-only-exams-there-are-far-more-important-things" frame of mind these last few days. My brain really does pick its times to just stop caring about the LC

The exams are just getting in the way at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

peekachoo wrote: »
    What essays are ye covering for Irish?
    I think I'll just do education, Irish language and the gathering. I'm really not bothered :P

^ we've done none of these! Doing young people, dangers of the interenet, recession/imigration and maybe something else . . I'd love a problems in our society essay or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

From going to be at 4 one night and getting up at 10 the next morning to going to falling asleep on the couch at half nine last nine and getting up at 8, it's fair to say my sleeping pattern's all over the place.

I've also gone into that "It's-only-exams-there-are-far-more-important-things" frame of mind these last few days. My brain really does pick its times to just stop caring about the LC

I'm having the same kind of experience. I think the later I go to bed the earlier I tend to get up, 'tis very unusual.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Never have I seen anything that I can relate to as well. Wow, its like I said it <3

I'm having the same kind of experience. I think the later I go to bed the earlier I tend to get up, 'tis very unusual.

The only logical thing to do is pull an all-nighter the night before the first exam :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

The only logical thing to do is pull an all-nighter the night before the first exam :p

I will if you will :p:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

anyone have short notes on the poets for irish and dont mind posting them? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

ah come on lads you need your sleep ;P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I know this may be a stupid question but does anyone have any tips on how to write faster? :o
    I really find it hard to get a full geography answer done in the recommended alotted time no matter how hard I try :L

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

204 hours
    7 two year courses
    1 chance
    1 Leaving Cert

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

204 hours
    7 two year courses
    1 chance
    1 Leaving Cert

well 2 chances if you are repeating like me xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Need a f*cking summer job. Rich friend has practically secured a well paid job for the entire summer. That's bad enough. The job is as a games tester.

I will if you will :p:

Deal! If I catch you falling asleep you're getting the cold-water-wake-up-treatment :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Prodigious wrote: »
    Need a f*cking summer job. Rich friend has practically secured a well paid job for the entire summer. That's bad enough. The job is as a games tester.

Always drives me mad, it's all about who you know, so many people I know get great cushy jobs and I'm like "how in gods name did he/she get a job, he/she is so dour, she/he would ate a customers head off!"

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

David1994 wrote: »
    I know this may be a stupid question but does anyone have any tips on how to write faster? :o
    I really find it hard to get a full geography answer done in the recommended alotted time no matter how hard I try :L

Erm, maybe practicing recognising certain questions, seeing as they're trying to make the geography questions fairly vague and force you to think about what you're going to write. Maybe save time on the short questions by only answering ten instead of all 12? Also, I know personally the better I know something the faster I'll be able to write it out without thinking too much, but I don't really want to tell you to go and study haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone know where else I could look for a job?? Besides cafes and restaurants etc.

Not even joking, every time I finish revising a biology chapter and cross it off the list, I have to add on a chapter I've forgotten about...the course is endless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I could learn a whole biology chapter off and forget it the next day my memory is awful when it comes to the subject! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Legion. wrote: »
    Erm, maybe practicing recognising certain questions, seeing as they're trying to make the geography questions fairly vague and force you to think about what you're going to write. Maybe save time on the short questions by only answering ten instead of all 12? Also, I know personally the better I know something the faster I'll be able to write it out without thinking too much, but I don't really want to tell you to go and study haha.

Yeah like I do normally something fairly well but still have trouble getting the most SRPs I can :P Maybe I already have the amount of SRPs already and won't need that much extra info?
    The thing that annoys me is that it is hard to know whether you have enough SRPs down as some examiners take certain points and others don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Always drives me mad, it's all about who you know, so many people I know get great cushy jobs and I'm like "how in gods name did he/she get a job, he/she is so dour, she/he would ate a customers head off!"

It's not who you know, it's who you blow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Does anyone have a link to the SEC Sample Paper 1 2012 marking scheme, I can't find it at all online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Does anyone have a link to the SEC Sample Paper 1 2012 marking scheme, I can't find it at all online.
    For maths? probably one of these : http://educate.ie/leavingcertsolutions.php

Popcorn with minstrels has got to be the nicest thing in the world! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

5 hours productive study done so far today! No one will believe how much of an accomplishment this is for me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

F*ck all done today!

Prodigious wrote: »
    F*ck all done today!

+1
    Can't believe it's tomorrow week! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I'm really starting to go backward at this stage, I was looking at Chemistry exam questions today that a few weeks ago wouldn't have phased me yet today I didn't know a load of it! :(

• Advertisement

Too much study my braaaaaaain :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement