Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Does maths have to be in your top 6 to before you get the 25 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Does maths have to be in your top 6 to before you get the 25 points?
    No to clear this up, you add on your 25 points for HL Maths and then you look to see what are your 6 best subjects are after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

I'm really starting to go backward at this stage, I was looking at Chemistry exam questions today that a few weeks ago wouldn't have phased me yet today I didn't know a load of it! :(

I know the feeling... Today's the last day Im going to do any serious chemistry until after French and history. I've a fair grasp on most things but it's the niggly details that always catch me out. And by god can they ruin a question!

No to clear this up, you add on your 25 points for HL Maths and then you look to see what are your 6 best subjects are after that!

Thank God! I was thinking I would have to throw one of my honours to get the 25 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Found these really good videos for biology on YouTube. Most are relevant to the course and I think explain certain aspects better than some of the textbooks. He talks a little fast but can always rewind and look over anything that doesn't click straight away. :)

http://www.youtube.com/course?list=EC3EED4C1D684D3ADF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Deal! If I catch you falling asleep you're getting the cold-water-wake-up-treatment :P

You're on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Taking a day off on Thursday to "recharge the batteries". I don't even know what I'm doing seeing as everyone else is studying, but I can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone else here use online grinds? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I don't know why I even bother coming on here anymore, it just depresses me to see how prepared you all are.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭navosa

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I don't know why I even bother coming on here anymore, it just depresses me to see how prepared you all are.

I am SO glad I'm not the only one :)

• Advertisement

navosa wrote: »
    I am SO glad I'm not the only one :)

YAY FOR MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Anyone else here use online grinds? :)

Our English teacher got it then gave us the notes etc. Must say I'm not impressed tbh, the guy doing the Macbeth stuff is so irritating.

Just a side question, how much study is everyone doing on average per day? I'm still at school so only managing about three hours in the evening.

For anyone who still cares about the Eurovision, the jury/televoting split thing was released earlier. Ireland came 14th in the televoting and 23rd in the jury vote. Yet because of the swanky complicated system somehow came last overall.

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=split_results_of_eurovision_2013_revealed&source=twitter&medium=social&campaign=Twitter

I should really watch the end of "I Am Not Scared" and find out what happened in it . . . . ;)

They lived

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

'I'm Not Scared' was actually a really good film, I really liked it!

Btw, Romania won the second semi final on televotes in the Eurovision. Like. I can't believe that. What a joke.

ray2012 wrote: »
    'I'm Not Scared' was actually a really good film, I really liked it!

Btw, Romania won the second semi final on televotes in the Eurovision. Like. I can't believe that. What a joke.

Now which one was Romania? Was it the opera fella?

This LC craic has killed my memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Now which one was Romania? Was it the opera fella?

This LC craic has killed my memory.

Yep, yer opera lad who was a complete load of ****e! :p

They lived

LIES!!!!!!

Huh? Our teacher said they lived

• Advertisement

Huh? Our teacher said they lived

Oh yes, they all died in the forest, the poacher came and shot the deer.....

Wait was this Bambi? Whoops :P

Me+tiredness+Internet=Ridiculousness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I quite liked Romania's song actually, and I don't usually like that sort of thing. :o

Does anyone know if I'll be covered in Geography if I just learn the following Geocology questions:

- biome characteristics
    - plant and animal adaptations
    - influence of climate on characteristics of biome

ray2012 wrote: »
    Yep, yer opera lad who was a complete load of ****e! :p

If Montenegro were the astronauts in the semi-final, they cam just higher than us on the televote!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

- biome characteristics
    - plant and animal adaptations
    - influence of climate on characteristics of biome

biome isnt guaranteed to come up, if i were you id cover a soil question too. Characteristics etc. :)

peekachoo wrote: »
    biome isnt guaranteed to come up, if i were you id cover a soil question too. Characteristics etc. :)

At least one biome question is guaranteed and has to come up is what I was told by someone who corrects the papers. I'm just wondering will I be covered with those three.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

At least one biome question is guaranteed and has to come up is what I was told by someone who corrects the papers. I'm just wondering will I be covered with those three.

really? That's my teacher bullsh*tting us to study so...good news :D
    Yeah id say you should be covered, those topics would have enough info to manipulate into a biome question then (although last week we were looking at a mock question to compare and contrast two biomes) sorry for the confusion :P

The only real biome question I've prepared is the characteristics :L Any of those wierdly worded biome questions and I'd be floundering tbh. Actually, I've just remembered there was another about overgrazing and stuff that was given to us for the human section which she said we could use for man's interaction with the biome but I'm slightly skeptical that it would stretch out to 80 marks. Then I have 2/3 soil ones: forming processes, general characteristics, brown earths.

peekachoo wrote: »
    really? That's my teacher bullsh*tting us to study so...good news :D
    Yeah id say you should be covered, those topics would have enough info to manipulate into a biome question then (although last week we were looking at a mock question to compare and contrast two biomes) sorry for the confusion :P

Our teacher had wanted us to learn soils as well, so so boring. :P Compare and contrast? That would catch everyone out!

One of our teachers quoted this on our graduation night, gives me shivers down my spine every time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

It's depressing that the weather is supposed to be so nice tomorrow and my plans are to spend it in the library! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement