Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Our teacher had wanted us to learn soils as well, so so boring. :P Compare and contrast? That would catch everyone out!

I know, how many people have more than one biome covered like? We're doing desert and after seeing that question she emailed us some rainforest notes but tbh I don't think I'll bother with it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Jade. wrote: »
    It's depressing that the weather is supposed to be so nice tomorrow and my plans are to spend it in the library! :(

Is it bad that we have two classes tomorrow in the morning and in the evening and I've decided instead of staying in school to come gone in between just to sit out? :) probably the only bit of summer we'll get :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

7 days people. 7 days. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

National Fish and Chip day today everyone in case any of ye feel like cheering up with some half price fish and chips. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

National Fish and Chip day today everyone in case any of ye feel like cheering up with some half price fish and chips. :)

That sounds like a plan :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Colm, you're famous in co. Wexford :D. Our maths teacher was advised to go and watch your video. She wasn't happy that it's what we want to do a week before the L.C.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

So in a moment of wisedom I decided to bring in a coffe plunger and ground beans in order to feed my addiction without buying over priced watery coffee from the garage across the road. All was fabulous had a really productive morning's study and when lunch time hit I went to go make myself a glorious mug of caffeine.
    However! When I took the plunger out of my bag the glass had all cracked on the inside. Making it really not safe to use. J'ai envie de pleured! :(

Now I'm sitting in afternoon study with a whopper head ache and no motivation a week before the leaving cert. FML :(:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Its really disheartening looking over maths questions you used be able to do and not having the foggiest whats going on now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

You seem to have the entire LC in PDF form :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Spent 6 hours in the library today and I couldn't tell ya what I done :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

mixery wrote: »
    Colm, you're famous in co. Wexford :D. Our maths teacher was advised to go and watch your video. She wasn't happy that it's what we want to do a week before the L.C.

It's important you stay positive going into the exams. If I'm keeping a smile on people's faces going into the exam, I'm doing well.
    If I'm distracting you and bringing the standard down, I'm doing better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

It's all about manipulating the bell curve. I've ordered ice cream vans to drive by every exam centre in the country exactly 20 minutes into every exam, that way people will just be really getting into their exam before they are viciously pulled out of any form of concentration by the thought of ice cream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

We all dream of a team of Gary Breens, a team of Gary Breens, a team of gary Breens...! COYBIG!

For HL maths, can I skip revising the arithmetic chapter? Like they'll hardly ask us a question like that will they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maxpep

Help Help HELP!!!! so worried about HISTORY!!
    All i know for Northern Ireland is Welfare state and coleraine! will i be safe with this??
    And technology of warfare??
    Anglo Irish treaty negotiations??
    Please help in tears!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

maxpep wrote: »
    Help Help HELP!!!! so worried about HISTORY!!
    All i know for Northern Ireland is Welfare state and coleraine! will i be safe with this??
    And technology of warfare??
    Anglo Irish treaty negotiations??
    Please help in tears!!! :(

For Northern Ireland, I'd make sure you know the 3 agreements (Sunningdale, Anglo-Irish and Downing Street Declaration). Although they came up last year they're a very very common question, plus the Sunningdale is one of the case studies.

Are you doing Ireland 1912-49? If so, the Anglo Irish Treaty hasn't been up for ages and is a case study. They also ask a question about Fianna Fail or Cumann na nGaedheal every year without fail, so I'd know their home and foreign affairs well too.

peekachoo wrote: »
    For HL maths, can I skip revising the arithmetic chapter? Like they'll hardly ask us a question like that will they?

Proof by contradiction, root 2 and root 3 constructions, thats about it!

Proof by contradiction, root 2 and root 3 constructions, thats about it!

that's the real numbers chapter isn't it? :)
    they're easy out id be laughing if they showed up!! :D

Oh thougt they were the same chapter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Series and Sequences chapter is it? I really hope they don't come up as a long question! Praying for Financial Maths!

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Series and Sequences chapter is it? I really hope they don't come up as a long question! Praying for Financial Maths!
    Hate financial maths, such a bore...

kevin12345 wrote: »

I have mixed feelings with financial maths :P it's easy when you know what formulae you need but it's so ambiguous I usually never know what I need!!

I need a good area question on the paper, a polygon or one similar to what was on the exam craft mock :D

Also to poster above (phone doesn't double quote apologies!) it's two separate chapters in my book anyway, could be different in yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Calculus all the way! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I feel like crying at another day of studying tomorrow and its only my third day! :pac: How have people been doing this all year :O

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Last day of school tomorrow, than grad mass Friday morning :D

I actually miss school :(

Our grad got closed down by the Gardí at 12 :mad:

Lads we haven't made it to the 10,000 posts yet :(

• Advertisement

We can do it. There is time.

This discussion has been closed.