Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Lads just wondering if anyone has the Sue Honan book...Do ye think the sample answer fro human interaction with biomes has enough info in it?

That's the only answer I am unsure of as my main textbook doesn't really give much help. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Dad put some moss-killing stuff on the back garden yesterday. I've just been sitting outside and it smells and feels like the sea despite the fact that I live in the middle of the country :)

If only study didn't ruin my good vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

i just want to go to sleep and wake up with it all over..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

This weather is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Trying to learn an Irish essay on the trampoline :D hopefully the weather is back to rain next Wednesday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Sun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

The weather coming good days before the lc was about as foreseeable as the emptiness of the witches prophecy.

"Oftentimes to win us to our harm, the instruments of darkness tell us truths, win us with nice weather, to betray us in deepest consequence"

I am the proud owner of my first sunburn of the summer. A week before the LC starts.

I knew I burned easily but not this easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Spent the day attempting to "study" but I ended up making pencil crossbows...

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Did everyone manage to finish the biology course? Our school didn't, that course is a joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

I had a strange day off from studying. I went into town and wandered around in the sun with this alien aimless freedom, met 4 of my teachers, opened an Xtra-Vision account, bought a bag of cherries in a Polish food shop, did pre-exam stationary shopping and seriously debated getting an eye-test for the first time in about seven years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

David086 wrote: »
    Did everyone manage to finish the biology course? Our school didn't, that course is a joke!

we finished before the Christmas exams :P I've a really good teacher though other schools probably didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

peekachoo wrote: »
    we finished before the Christmas exams :P I've a really good teacher though other schools probably didn't!

Whoa! We only got about a quarter of Ecology done before time was up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

I had a strange day off from studying. I went into town and wandered around in the sun with this alien aimless freedom, met 4 of my teachers, opened an Xtra-Vision account, bought a bag of cherries in a Polish food shop, did pre-exam stationary shopping and seriously debated getting an eye-test for the first time in about seven years.

strange day alright

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Really? We finished by around January, I'd say. Got the whole course revised also!

We finished just after Easter I think. We were doing exam papers since.

Maths on the other hand.....

So maybe studying on the trampoline with a week till the leaving is a bad idea.. I'm now in pain with sunburn :( hopefully it'll turn to a tan! ;)

So maybe studying on the trampoline with a week till the leaving is a bad idea.. I'm now in pain with sunburn :( hopefully it'll turn to a tan! ;)

I'm not alone! Mine never turns into a tan though. I'll he just as pale again in about a weeks time :(

I'm not alone! Mine never turns into a tan though. I'll he just as pale again in about a weeks time :(

It feels like someone lit me on fire :(

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Hehe.. I'm starting to tan :D suckas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

We finished before the pre so had a few months of all exam papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Friend sent me this.

04493_E1_F_7_AA4_4898_911_D_3995_E3_A05_B09.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

It feels like someone lit me on fire :(

I'm the same but the rest of me is really cold because I can't put on a hoody or trousers or else I'll fry. Trying to sleep later on will be torture.

Anyone have any tips on doing well in English paper 1? My essays tend to only be about 60/100 :O

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Jade. wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips on doing well in English paper 1? My essays tend to only be about 60/100 :O

if its a personal essay make sure you keep using "I"

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

If you do short stories, try to include at least one piece of good dialogue, a good descriptive paragraph and a twist somewhere. Three ways to improve your grade quite easily. For personal essays, use 'I' a lot, the more personal the response the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

In personal essays, make sure you reflect on the experience you describe. That's what distinguishes a personal essay from a narrative. It must contain some sort of reflection. In my essays I even use the word reflect just to show the corrector extra clearly that I am reflecting - "Reflecting on this, it makes me wonder about ... it made me realise that ..."

If it's a speech make sure you take your audience into account, and use diction appropriate to the audience. Make good use of persuasive/argumentative language. Similarly with a magazine article or whatever, take into account your audience, and write it like you would see in a real magazine. I usually tend to write them like gossip magazines if I choose the question! :P

It's mainly a personal essay I do unless there's another title I like :)

But thanks for the help :D Never thought of using things like reflecting on etc :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Just flicking through my physics exam papers there, and OH MY GOD I KNOW NOTHING.

Please me I'm not the only one feeling like this? First time feeling stressed about the exams, they must be close!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement