Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

The amount of HW I have for mid term in unreal, don't they know I need to sleep!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

decisions wrote: »
    The amount of HW I have for mid term in unreal, don't they know I need to sleep!!!

Me too! We got about 5 hours worth of French hw along with the same in maths, 2 exam questions in physics plus study for November exams! It's so unfair!

I'm looking at:
    -Ap Maths
    5 exam q's
    7 q's from the book
    -Economics
    3 exam q's
    write up notes on what we have done so far
    -Physics
    4 experiment write ups
    2 exam q's
    -Maths
    a sheet with something like 20 q's on it
    -French
    3 comps.
    -English
    Wordsworth essay
    Bishop essay
    read the great gatsby
    -Irish
    email about part time job

And study for all my tests.

I have better things to be doing with my week off.

I'm looking at:
    -Ap Maths
    5 exam q's
    7 q's from the book
    -Economics
    3 exam q's
    -Physics
    4 experiment write ups
    2 exam q's
    -Maths
    -French
    3 comps.
    -English
    Wordsworth essay
    Bishop essay
    read the great gatsby
    -Irish

Woah! That is a lot! I thought my homework is bad...what annoys me about teachers is that they don't seem to realise that mid-term breaks are there for a BREAK!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I got no homework for the break which is really bad, but I decided to bring books home to do work anyway unlike the rest of the year =/

• Advertisement

Woah! That is a lot! I thought my homework is bad...what annoys me about teachers is that they don't seem to realise that mid-term breaks are there for a BREAK!

Yep, my economics teacher was saying how he wasn't bringing anything home over the mid term, he had managed to get all his corrections done bar our tests that he was going to do in his free class. Fúck him. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I have absolutely no HW for mid term :D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I'm looking at:
    -Ap Maths
    5 exam q's
    7 q's from the book
    -Economics
    3 exam q's
    -Physics
    4 experiment write ups
    2 exam q's
    -Maths
    -French
    3 comps.
    -English
    Wordsworth essay
    Bishop essay
    read the great gatsby
    -Irish

Great Gatsby is the worst book ever.

Great Gatsby is the worst book ever.

Read the first chapter and decided that that's enough for me, sparknotes chapter summaries is is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

We didnt get a whole lot of actual homework homework but our tests are the second week after we go back so the amount of study I have to do is frightening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

fjsanchez wrote: »
    I have absolutely no HW for mid term :D

Same here, feels so good doesn't it?:D I feel so bad for the people with so much homework, it's unbelievable!

Oh, and, HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

halloween_pumpkin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Anyone do Accounting and know what subsidery shares are and where do they go? HAPPY HALLOWEEN :D

We didnt get a whole lot of actual homework homework but our tests are the second week after we go back so the amount of study I have to do is frightening!

Same here. Exams the week after we go back. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

aww thats sickening! Ours aren't until the 5th December!

Glee_GG wrote: »

aww thats sickening! Ours aren't until the 5th December!

Lucky! I hate having ours in November because then through the whole mid-term you keep thinking "I should be studying". Its so annoying!

We tried asking about getting them changed til aroud Christmas before but the teacher's excuses for saying No were "you are better off having them in November cause then you can look forward to Christmas!" - more like "we don't want to be correcting exams during the Christmas holidays".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Our exams used to be just before Christmas and again just before summer holidays but this year they've gone and changed them to November, again in February and then again in summer so now we'v got them 3 times a year instead of twice......:(

We've got our November ones the second week we go back. And parts of some of them next week because we're only timetables for an hour for each exam so the teachers say that an hour is too short to get a whole exam done so we've to do some questions in double classes next week too....

Have yet to start any of my HW and not even considering study. Procrastination is a bítch.

Anyone want to tell me how to be productive..?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Have yet to start any of my HW and not even considering study. Procrastination is a bítch.

Anyone want to tell me how to be productive..?
    I know how to stop procrastinating...

But I'll tell you later. :pac:

Applied maths homework = head melt.

Which is why I need to take regular brakes to visit boards. This is a great plan.

Applied maths homework = head melt.

Which is why I need to take regular brakes to visit boards. This is a great plan.

I haven't even attempted my applied maths hw yet. I find everytime I attempt to do a question, I become sad. Sometimes I get the answer, sometimes I don't. But at the same time I like it. Sorry if this post made no sense. :)

• Advertisement

I haven't even attempted my applied maths hw yet. I find everytime I attempt to do a question, I become sad. Sometimes I get the answer, sometimes I don't. But at the same time I like it. Sorry if this post made no sense. :)

It makes no sense. But as someone who also does applied maths I understand completely.

It makes no sense. But as someone who also does applied maths I understand completely.

Yay! :D Good to know I amn't on my own! Now...to tackle that Applied Maths homework :pac:

Yay! :D Good to know I amn't on my own! Now...to tackle that Applied Maths homework :pac:

Good Luck. I have successfully completed 1 exam question :D only 3 to go...plus all my other homework....and study for Christmas exams...and its already Thursday...:eek:

Ap. Maths Homework Day 2. Anyone else started Projectiles yet..? Anyone know how to do them..?

Ap. Maths Homework Day 2. Anyone else started Projectiles yet..? Anyone know how to do them..?

In the IOE, we did the ordinary level course and half of the higher level a couple of weeks ago. But do I know how to do them? Um, no. Sorry.

In the IOE, we did the ordinary level course and half of the higher level a couple of weeks ago. But do I know how to do them? Um, no. Sorry.

Gonna be odd not getting up tomorrow for IoE French. Anyway what have you got covered so far..? And the better question how many exam q's would you be able to answer out of the 10 in 25min or less..?

Gonna be odd not getting up tomorrow for IoE French. Anyway what have you got covered so far..? And the better question how many exam q's would you be able to answer out of the 10 in 25min or less..?

Yeah I am so glad we have a day off tomorrow! In the IOE, what my teacher tends to do is cover all the ordinary level course and then if we get time we get some of the higher level course started but we don't actually start the HL course for real until December. But so far we have Motion OL, Projectiles OL and some of HL, Relative Velocity OL and some of HL and Connected Particles OL and most of HL done. In terms of exam questions, probably none! Maybe some of the OL. The thing I find about having one class a week is that we do one full topic in 2 classes so half the time, by the time you understand a topic you're moving on to the next. Hopefully by this time next year, I won't be as hopeless at it. What about you? How many exam questions in 25 mins? :eek:

What about you? How many exam questions in 25 mins? :eek:

I still have no clue what I'm doing 50% of the time. So far we have "revised" Liner motion and are "able" to do all the exam q's, Projectiles we are almost finished and we are "almost able" to do all the exam q's. And by Christmas we should have Relative Velocity done and possibly the HL stuff from Newtons Laws.

And my teacher is a headcase and thinks that we should be aiming to do them in 10-15 min max. It currently takes me about 45 min to do one projectile q and we have 25 min to do it in the LC.

I still have no clue what I'm doing 50% of the time. So far we have "revised" Liner motion and are "able" to do all the exam q's, Projectiles we are almost finished and we are "almost able" to do all the exam q's. And by Christmas we should have Relative Velocity done and possibly the HL stuff from Newtons Laws.

And my teacher is a headcase and thinks that we should be aiming to do them in 10-15 min max. It currently takes me about 45 min to do one projectile q and we have 25 min to do it in the LC.

Is all this HL? I hate teachers who think just cause we've covered something in class means we are automatically "able" to do the Qs.

What book do you use? And is it any good? I am thinking of getting a book just to have as reference. Some of the notes aren't great from the IOE.

Also, just to warn you, if you think it's bad now...wait until Relative Velocity.

• Advertisement

Is all this HL? I hate teachers who think just cause we've covered something in class means we are automatically "able" to do the Qs.

What book do you use? And is it any good? I am thinking of getting a book just to have as reference. Some of the notes aren't great from the IOE.

Also, just to warn you, if you think it's bad now...wait until Relative Velocity.

Can't remember what it's called but it by Tir na nOg publishers. The book is good but my teacher does it all completely differently to the book and it more often than not confuses me more. It does have loads of questions which are good for practice and it breaks it all down well ie C. 1-10 represent the exam Qs and each excercise deals with each type of question asked.

I did a few of the simple Relitive Velocity Qs out of boredom yesterday they dont seem that bad but I wasn't willing to try any of the harder ones. And yes everything we are doing is HL she does the OL stuff in one class and spends ages on the HL stuff and then kills us for not understanding the basics she brushed over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement