Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

My focus for the next few days is English P2, some maths P1 and geography. I still have to cover Macbeth, 2/3 poets, practically all of human geography, soils and 2 regions. If I make it through all that before Thursday I'm doing well. I'll run through layouts and bits for English P1 on Tuesday.

I told myself at the start of the year that I wouldn't do this to myself but look where I am now. I'm not usually a nervous kind of person but they're starting to kick in now. I know I haven't done half as much work as I should and now I won't do half as well as everyone expects me to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I'm the exact same I promised myself at the start of the year I would study and be prepared! :(

And now I have everyone telling me I don't need to study that I'm intelligent enough to get good points without it! They're going to die of shock when they see my results! :P

Is it just me or did anyone else feel so much more prepared for the mocks? At the time I thought I was far from prepared but compared to now.......I have no idea how I managed to get the results I got in the mocks so I was determined to push them on even more, another 25/30 points but now I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I just hope the crap they fill us with: "Ah sure you can only go up from the mocks" is true. It certainly doesn't feel like it! =P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I just hope the crap they fill us with: "Ah sure you can only go up from the mocks" is true. It certainly doesn't feel like it! =P

That is such lies, I want down from the JC mocks to the real thing, and I've a nasty feeling history will be repeating itself next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone bold enough to make a results predictions thread? I'm not :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

It all seems very, very close now all of a sudden. This evening was first time I was fully aware of the exams, they've always been in the back of mind but even just in the past few hours it's really staring to hit me that they're actually next week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

this is what i did 1 week to the leaving cert. https://twitter.com/katyaatkinson

I just never imagined that they'd be on top of me before I knew it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

I just never imagined that they'd be on top of me before I knew it.

It's mad how I can prepare for something for months on end and still not feel fully ready. I'm as ready as I'll ever be I suppose but just 100% ready. Although that being said, I doubt I ever would feel 100% prepared for the LC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Ahhhh it's June :( the month of our Leaving Cert is upon us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

I just want it over and done with , but at the same time I still want time to cram before these exams especially geog and english

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

yournerd wrote: »
    this is what i did 1 week to the leaving cert. https://twitter.com/katyaatkinson

Did you tweet a lot or did you do her? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

barry194 wrote: »
    Did you tweet a lot or did you do her? :p

i meant my tattoo.. FOLLOW ME EVERYONE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

yournerd wrote: »
    i meant my tattoo.. FOLLOW ME EVERYONE :)

i'm already following you somehow. :O Twitception

https://twitter.com/lolidg4f :) Follow me, I shall follow back ^^

My twitter is just full of my friends and I going through various mood swings back and forth between "Don't care anymore, let's get the LC over with and party" to "Oh no, so screwed, leaving is so close" and then back again.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Ok I've got to get serious, I've no English, Irish, or Maths studied, like at all, I have a few if the more basic chapters of Biology studied, and I've looked over a bit of business and art history. Am I truly and royally screwed, is there any hope? :(:(:(:( (I have been studying, I'm just soooooooooo slow! :( )
    Does anyone reckon there's a chance if still geting a decent LC? I'm FREAKING OUT!

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Ok I've got to get serious, I've no English, Irish, or Maths studied, like at all, I have a few if the more basic chapters of Biology studied, and I've looked over a bit of business and art history. Am I truly and royally screwed, is there any hope? :(:(:(:( (I have been studying, I'm just soooooooooo slow! :( )
    Does anyone reckon there's a chance if still geting a decent LC? I'm FREAKING OUT!

Never underestimate the power of the cram!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

My focus for the next few days is English P2, some maths P1 and geography. I still have to cover Macbeth, 2/3 poets, practically all of human geography, soils and 2 regions. If I make it through all that before Thursday I'm doing well. I'll run through layouts and bits for English P1 on Tuesday.

I told myself at the start of the year that I wouldn't do this to myself but look where I am now. I'm not usually a nervous kind of person but they're starting to kick in now. I know I haven't done half as much work as I should and now I won't do half as well as everyone expects me to do :(
    EXACTLY THE SAME..EVERYWORD!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

It's a bit more reassuring knowing others feel the same about not being prepared :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

Good lord im freaking out. For about the past three weeks ive been doing about 7+ hours of study a day and its really begining to wear. I still do t know my poets. How important are quotes for the comparative. Where sells the strongest rope.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Say it Aint So

AndyMc wrote: »
    Good lord im freaking out. For about the past three weeks ive been doing about 7+ hours of study a day and its really begining to wear. I still do t know my poets. How important are quotes for the comparative. Where sells the strongest rope.

You don't need any quotes for the comparative, close reference is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

AndyMc wrote: »

Dude, please don't joke about that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Screw studying, my pro on NBA 2k13 became a starter for the Raptors!

Tommyrawr wrote: »

I follow you on twitter all the time?! How did I not know this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

13900 followers?? Jaysus I thought I was going well with 280 :pac:

Im LiamH9995 for anyone feeling generous!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I followed yeah. I feel like such a twitter addict with my 37k tweets :cool: :p

ray2012 wrote: »
    I followed yeah. I feel like such a twitter addict with my 37k tweets :cool: :p

I've nearly 48K :P Just shows how I spend my life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Jade. wrote: »
    I've nearly 48K :P Just shows how I spend my life :pac:

Give me a few weeks and I won't be too far behind :pac:
    When I first started on it, I saw people with like 2,000 tweets, and I was like "HOW?! That would take me a few years to get!"
    Nobody realises how addicting twitter is until they actually have an account :p

• Advertisement

Mine is https://twitter.com/JadeColeGA for anyone that wants to follow I'll follow ya back :P
    ray2012 wrote: »
    Give me a few weeks and I won't be too far behind :pac:
    When I first started on it, I saw people with like 2,000 tweets, and I was like "HOW?! That would take me a few years to get!"
    Nobody realises how addicting twitter is until they actually have an account :p

Oh I know I still can't figure out how I mangaged to tweet that much :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement