Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Say it Aint So

What's the best way to study for English? I'm freaking out a bit at the moment..!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    We're defo the only two schools so.. haven't read it just watched the movie and went over some notes! horrible book! are you doing Casablanca and Babylon too so?

Im after watching the first hour of the film just there! Yes im doing casablanca but the other book im doing is another terrible one - in patagonia...seriously thinking of dropping to pass on the day! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Im after watching the first hour of the film just there! Yes im doing casablanca but the other book im doing is another terrible one - in patagonia...seriously thinking of dropping to pass on the day! :/
    Is your general concept war/violence??Id seriously consider doing Babylon, its a short read..160 pgs and not hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

LOVE HIM! hes literally 3 minutes down the road from me..i can see his house haha :P

Haha class! Yeah our teacher who's from Kerry is always going on about him! :P

Is your general concept war/violence??Id seriously consider doing Babylon, its a short read..160 pgs and not hard!

Tbh i havent got a great knowledge of the book i've no notes or anything, i had an awful teacher, but i suppose war really is the main theme? Is babylon any good? Is there a film version? :L

• Advertisement

Tbh i havent got a great knowledge of the book i've no notes or anything, i had an awful teacher, but i suppose war really is the main theme? Is babylon any good? Is there a film version? :L
    Nope don't think so? Id recommend it anyways if youre stuck or just read the war of it online, defo do the 30/40 and focus Casablanca as the 30 element then Babylon and empire for the 40 :)

David1994 wrote: »
    Haha class! Yeah our teacher who's from Kerry is always going on about him! :P
    Oh cool, is your teacher from Dingle? Might know him/her :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There's a film version (possibly TV movie) of 'How many miles to Babylon', with Daniel Day Lewis in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Was just doing an essay on benefits on volcanic activity when all i could think of was the Cramp Twins where they went to mount fujimora hot springs and wayne caused the eurptions and the monkeys thought that ms cramp was their god. xD

Actually in fits of laughter xD I miss these cartoons

spurious wrote: »
    There's a film version (possibly TV movie) of 'How many miles to Babylon', with Daniel Day Lewis in it.

Ill try and give it a watch and look up notes online..bit late i know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

I hate days where you feel like you've got nothing done, especially when you were really productive and got loads done the day before :(

I shall make up for it tomorrow by doing endless Physics exam questions, that should take the guilt away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

curly135 wrote: »
    I hate days where you feel like you've got nothing done, especially when you were really productive and got loads done the day before :(

I shall make up for it tomorrow by doing endless Physics exam questions, that should take the guilt away :D

Physics? There is a subject I haven't done in a while nor do I intend to do untill the weekend beforehand!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I have 4 days off before physics so I'll leave it until then

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Physics? There is a subject I haven't done in a while nor do I intend to do untill the weekend beforehand!

It was my lowest result in the pres, and to be fair the DEB paper was difficult enough, but I'm not gonna let it catch me off guard this time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Out of interest, anyone who does biology, out of these 3 which do you think is the most difficult and which id the easiest:
    Respiration, Photosynthesis, and Proteinsynthesis

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Out of interest, anyone who does biology, out of these 3 which do you think is the most difficult and which id the easiest:
    photosint and respiration are piss...hate proteinstnt never got it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Easiest: Respiration (They ask the same questions all the time!!)
    Hardest: Protein synthesis by a clear mile.

Photosynthesis is grand though!

photosint and respiration are piss...hate proteinstnt never got it

I havent got round to studying proteinsynthesis or photosynthesis, cant get my head round Krebscycle though :confused:

YAY! Bring on proteinsynthesis :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

proteinsyn is probably the longest but I don't find it that hard!
    I'm gonna say respiration is the easiest as the questions are fairly predictable and as long as ya know Krebs cycle you're fairly grand.

I'm gonna say photosyn is the hardest as I'm useless with chemistry and can never remember the light stage/dark stage etc

I havent got round to studying proteinsynthesis or photosynthesis, cant get my head round Krebscycle though :confused:

YAY! Bring on proteinsynthesis :rolleyes:
    pm me ur email my grinds made the krebs cycle for me easier if I find it.

• Advertisement

peekachoo wrote: »
    proteinsyn is probably the longest but I don't find it that hard!
    I'm gonna say respiration is the easiest as the questions are fairly predictable and as long as ya know Krebs cycle you're fairly grand.

I'm gonna say photosyn is the hardest as I'm useless with chemistry and can never remember the light stage/dark stage etc
    I love photo!!! Trust me study for 3 hours and youll love it!! exam qs are key to high grades in bio over every other subject !!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I love biology but don't understand any of the genetics because I've never actually sat down to study it .. Unit 2 is my least favourite so I'm contemplating whether or not to learn the genetics as it is a given q on the exam :confused:

Does anyone know the chapters in Biology that are pretty much a given this year (Don't they put on Respiration, Reproduction and Photosynthesis one after each other, I read that somewhere but I'm not sure if its true)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I love biology but don't understand any of the genetics because I've never actually sat down to study it .. Unit 2 is my least favourite so I'm contemplating whether or not to learn the genetics as it is a given q on the exam :confused:

I'm not even touching genetics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Photosynthesis is definitely the easiest, with Respiration after. Protein Synthesis is complicated but once you learn it off it's not too bad. I thought everyone always answered the genetics questions! :O Some years they are really piss easy, with an easy genetic cross which is simple marks.. ! Protein synthesis is predicted (i think) to come up this year though. I'll definitely still answer it though. My worst thing on the course is Plant reproduction. Blehhhhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kev44

Anybody else panicking for chemistry?
    ...i never got my head around it

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

kev44 wrote: »
    Anybody else panicking for chemistry?
    ...i never got my head around it

Definitely my worst subject. I find the majority of the maths parts horrible. I never know where to start. Looking through the exam papers I know absolutely none of it. Arah, feck it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I don't have a clue what proteinsynthsis is? And I definitley never remember doing this :O

• Advertisement

Jade. wrote: »
    I don't have a clue what proteinsynthsis is? And I definitley never remember doing this :O

The repliction of DNA: Cytosine, Guanine, Adenine, ring a bell? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement