Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Jade. wrote: »
    I don't have a clue what proteinsynthsis is? And I definitley never remember doing this :O
    DNA..technical talk of how a stupid code for protein is sent to make a protein in various sites of the cell blahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

OH now I know what it is! Thanks for the help :P My biology knowledge is just fantastic as you can see :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I actually find proteinsynthesis fairly easy.

Now respiration on the other hand....I think it's because the whole ATP/NADH electron transport system thing went straight over my head and I haven't got the foggiest what ATP or any of them yokes are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Just stumbled into the French thread where an intense discussion is taking place on the use of the subjunctive tense.

Now I'm worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I have no intention of every using the subjunctive in French seeing as we're only expected to recognise it, not be able to write in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kev44

i learned a phrase off with the subjunctive in it. its something like how the goverment should do more to solve the problem. its good to use it once in the written and it will impress

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Arghhhhhhh what kind of person cuts their grass at 10 on a Sunday morning!!!

I wish I could say in the last few days up the to the leaving cert that I suddenly became highly motivated...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I'm not joking when I say I have been doing close to nothing for French, genuinely I've just done listening and comprehensions, I haven't had the heart to touch the reaction questions, I think I might learn a subjunctive or two, a few general phrases and hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

I don't know about ye but I'm just dieing to start these exams. The sooner they begin the sooner they finish.

• Advertisement

I'm not joking when I say I have been doing close to nothing for French, genuinely I've just done listening and comprehensions, I haven't had the heart to touch the reaction questions, I think I might learn a subjunctive or two, a few general phrases and hope for the best!
    I haven't done a thing for French since web left school! I've really abondoned it

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

If you're having trouble staying motivated, just think to yourself: Its now or never. The exams start on Wednesday and you're running out of time. No more "Sure I'll leave it till tomorrow." Do it now, or don't do it at all.

or wait till next year and try again..

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

Slow Show wrote: »
    a) .2871%
    b) 1st =1512.96 2nd=1508.63 3rd=1504.31
    c)just your geometric sequence with a = 1500(1.002871), r = 1.002871, n =300
    d)714332.95
    e)357168.85

:)

Thanks for that! :) do you mind me asking a qs? In part (b) since it said find the present value of the three monthly payments lodged, I used the PV formula, i.e. divided by the interest but you multiplied i.e. using the Future Value formula? What's the reason for this? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

HPMS wrote: »
    Thanks for that! :) do you mind me asking a qs? In part (b) since it said find the present value of the three monthly payments lodged, I used the PV formula, i.e. divided by the interest but you multiplied i.e. using the Future Value formula? What's the reason for this? :)

I know what you mean, I did it your way first without really thinking about it once I saw the words 'present value' but I have the marking scheme and it's future value. I think it's because it says in the question 'after three months, Lisa decides what to do. She plans to continue saving...' suggesting the money has already been accumulating for three months and the present is thus three months into the plan. It's ridiculously worded though and I wouldn't worry about it, I'd like to think it'd be a bit clearer in the real thing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Think I've asked this before but is anyone taking berocca boost? And if u are do u find it good? :) I just started yesterday :) also is it a bad idea to bring in a bottle of lucozade into the exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

Slow Show wrote: »
    I know what you mean, I did it your way first without really thinking about it once I saw the words 'present value' but I have the marking scheme and it's future value. I think it's because it says in the question 'after three months, Lisa decides what to do. She plans to continue saving...' suggesting the money has already been accumulating for three months and the present is thus three months into the plan. It's ridiculously worded though and I wouldn't worry about it, I'd like to think it'd be a bit clearer in the real thing. :P

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I remember my teacher telling me to use the FV formula but I couldn't remember why! I hope we get something clearer in the real thing because financial maths has never been my strongest point, and I don't need the phrasing of the qs making it even worse! :) Thanks again for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Think I've asked this before but is anyone taking berocca boost? And if u are do u find it good? :) I just started yesterday :) also is it a bad idea to bring in a bottle of lucozade into the exams?

i take them in the morning sometimes when i'm wrecked and they do give me a bit of energy! along with a distinct change in urine colour...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

They don't recommend is using energy drinks, but if you're like me and have been living off them lately feel free :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

No harm in taking a bottle of lucozade in to the exam, will keep your blood sugar up .

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    No harm in taking a bottle of lucozade in to the exam, will keep your blood sugar up .
    Defo, panic attacks galore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Geography friends, what is a geomorphological region? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

Areas of geomorphism I'd suppose. Destructive plate boundaries.

people actually are freaking for irish? seriously.. especially the essay?? guys we have 2 hours to come up with 2 and a half pages..chill and worry about other subjects like English!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

AndyMc wrote: »
    Areas of geomorphism I'd suppose. Destructive plate boundaries.

any named example? :P

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    people actually are freaking for irish? seriously.. especially the essay?? guys we have 2 hours to come up with 2 and a half pages..chill and worry about other subjects like English!

Wish I felt like that! I got 20/100 for my essay in the mocks as my teacher never did essays with us and still hasn't! I joined onlinegrinds and it has been a lifesaver! I still managed a C in the mocks tho! :P

I feel so unprepared for English. The course just feels huge! :eek:

Wish I felt like that! I got 20/100 for my essay in the mocks as my teacher never did essays with us and still hasn't! I joined onlinegrinds and it has been a lifesaver! I still managed a C in the mocks tho! :P
    Oh **** sorry ! :( you'll be fine..just know some nice old words and good vocab..they don't give a **** really bout info just show off irish!! I got 92 in my essay on education..hoping to bring it in again!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Bonbon1995 wrote: »

well in all fairness, you might have 2 and a half hours to write it but you still need to know it going in or all the time in the world won't matter :L

Glee_GG wrote: »
    well in all fairness, you might have 2 and a half hours to write it but you still need to know it going in or all the time in the world won't matter :L
    Yeah but my point is even if you get a title you hate just have nice words.. the vocab is worth 80 like and the other two componments are 20 over all :)

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the green insect thing is?? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement