Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

peekachoo wrote: »
    any named example? :P

Geomorphological region is a physical region. So like the munster ridge and valley region or the burren! Theres probably a few others too but those are the ones coming to mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

The Leinster Batholith is a prime example come to think of it.

Folding during the Caledonian Period allowed magma to intrude into the fold forming Quartzite where the magma hit the uplifted sedimentary rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Can't get any study done today, just want to start the exams now.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Can't get any study done today, just want to start the exams now.

Yeah I'm the same. It's not that even want them finished I just want them to be started! It's getting as boring now studying at home all day every day :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm going insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'm watching horror movies on Netflix as a metaphor for the horror I'll be in on Wednesday for not studying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I love writing QED :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I've been studying since 1 this morning and I couldn't tell ya what I've done! :pac: I don't know why I waste my time :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Prodigious wrote: »
    I love writing QED :cool:

There is a huge satisfaction in finishing a proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Jade. wrote: »
    I've been studying since 1 this morning and I couldn't tell ya what I've done! :pac: I don't know why I waste my time :P

Don't study so late, you won't be able to retain it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I can't study early at all! .. Unless I go to supervised study in town! Getting out if bed is the worst!

I love how the Junior Certs are panicking so much :3

Hoping someone could help with this:

Pg 187 in the T&T6 book (black one)

Q1 Revision Exercise (Core)

A woman invests €1000 each year at 8% per annum, compound interest.
    Find the value of her investment after 5 years.

I did it out manually and got the correct answer:
    €6335.93

I tried making a series by finding the future value of each thousand euro. Then used the Sn formula, but came out with the wrong answer.
    Is it possible to do it with a formula?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Hoping someone could help with this:

Pg 187 in the T&T6 book (black one)

Q1 Revision Exercise (Core)

A woman invests €1000 each year at 8% per annum, compound interest.
    Find the value of her investment after 5 years.

I did it out manually and got the correct answer:
    €6335.93

I tried making a series by finding the future value of each thousand euro. Then used the Sn formula, but came out with the wrong answer.
    Is it possible to do it with a formula?

Cheers

formula worked out for me... you must be making a basic error.

a= 1000x1.08
    r=1.08
    n=5

I was using R = 1/1.08 >.<

Thanks

I was using R = 1/1.08 >.<

Thanks

no prob prodge

no prob prodge

Was it not prodgy? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Does anyone know if your sketch map of a region in Geography has to be drawn really good to get full marks? It is fairly hard sometimes to get it to have a good shape...Does shape matter that much?

Was it not prodgy? :)

Youre not worth the second syllable :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

David1994 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if your sketch map of a region in Geography has to be drawn really good to get full marks? It is fairly hard sometimes to get it to have a good shape...Does shape matter that much?

There are 4 marks going for shape isn't there? And then the marks go for the features, 2 for each identified and 2 for properly locating them, I think.

• Advertisement

I had a dream last night that I left my home Ec short questions until last and handed up the paper forgeting to do them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I had a dream that I was doing my music listening test but for some strange reason, my teacher was rearranging the stuff on a shelf behind the examiner and when the song started playing, I looked up at him in confusion and he mouthed "movement two" while holding up two fingers.

The funny thing is that's exactly like something the fecker would do; he was joking of walking by the window and giving us answers and sitting in his car outside beeping his horn to the rhythm of the compositions.. =P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Jade. wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I left my home Ec short questions until last and handed up the paper forgeting to do them :eek:

I had a dream on Saturday night that I was a surrogate mother! The baby was due on Tuesday, the day before the exams started so I probably wouldn't be able to sit them. That was what worried me the most in the dream, surprisingly, not the fact that I was 9 months pregnant as a surrogate mother at the age of 18. Clearly I've watched too mush Coronation Street lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

I had a dream that I was doing my music listening test but for some strange reason, my teacher was rearranging the stuff on a shelf behind the examiner and when the song started playing, I looked up at him in confusion and he mouthed "movement two" while holding up two fingers.

The funny thing is that's exactly like something the fecker would do; he was joking of walking by the window and giving us answers and sitting in his car outside beeping his horn to the rhythm of the compositions.. =P

Imagine now if that was a premonition and the Duet Aria came up for Bach...I think I'd sing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I've been having such weird dreams lately! This whole leaving cert crack is messing with my head! Last night I dreamt that we go the results and I did well in everything but maths I failed.. So when u got it rechecked I ended up with 37% :( it really makes me worry if I should be sitting the higher level paper as I failed the mocks! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

I've been having such weird dreams lately! This whole leaving cert crack is messing with my head! Last night I dreamt that we go the results and I did well in everything but maths I failed.. So when u got it rechecked I ended up with 37% :( it really makes me worry if I should be sitting the higher level paper as I failed the mocks! :(

My dad failed his mock in honours maths and ended up with a B, granted, that wasn't project maths, but still, lots of people fail their mock and end up doing really well. My chemistry teacher told us she failed her chemistry mock in school :P Don't give up hope, just plough on with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

There are 4 marks going for shape isn't there? And then the marks go for the features, 2 for each identified and 2 for properly locating them, I think.

Oh okay I couldn't remember :P Thanks

I had a dream on Saturday night that I was a surrogate mother! The baby was due on Tuesday, the day before the exams started so I probably wouldn't be able to sit them. That was what worried me the most in the dream, surprisingly, not the fact that I was 9 months pregnant as a surrogate mother at the age of 18. Clearly I've watched too mush Coronation Street lately.

That's weird I had a dream too about being pregnant last week! And when it came out it was about 3/4 and could walk and talk already :pac: Oh this leaving cert business works wonders for the imagination! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I can't actually believe it's so close o0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Some of you may get a laugh (and who knows, some useful advice) out of this while procrastinating:

10 Things They DON'T Teach You About The Leaving Cert

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement