Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Could anyone tell me how much time you're supposed to spend in the different parts of paper 1 English and roughly how long your answers supposed to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Had a dream/well nightmare that i did paper 1 for english and i 'forgot' to do a composition , woke up crying. I have officially gone crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me how much time you're supposed to spend in the different parts of paper 1 English and roughly how long your answers supposed to be?

I was told comprehension A should be around three quarters of a page , iii a full page , the B part should be around 2-3 pages depending on which one you choose and the composition should be at least 4 pages , it all depends on the size of your writing , the question you pick and quality of your answer though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Can someone explain the factor theorem to me? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

peekachoo wrote: »

Basically, if you have a quadratic or cubic equation, and you're told that the equation crosses the x-axis at x=4, then (x-4) is a factor of your equation, and you can divide it into your equation to get the other factors. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

peekachoo wrote: »

You probably know it already but are confused by the wording. I didn't know what it was when I first saw it but I had been using it for ages!
    Basically if x=2 is a root of an equation, then x-2=0 is a factor if f(2)=0. So x-2=0 is a factor if 2 satisfies the equation when you put 2 in for 0. Hope this makes sense although I've a feeling my explanation is pretty bad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    Had a dream/well nightmare that i did paper 1 for english and i 'forgot' to do a composition , woke up crying. I have officially gone crazy

I'm having crazy dreams too last night i dreamt i went out fishing with Bishop. Then we ended up knacker drinking in a barn for a while and then went down the town to some mexican/brazil festival thing with flamingos and stuff. Telling ya that woman knows how to party. Actually felt like i proper knew her when i woke up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

In maths class im called macklemore because im always like what what what what what what what what

You probably know it already but are confused by the wording. I didn't know what it was when I first saw it but I had been using it for ages!
    Basically if x=2 is a root of an equation, then x-2=0 is a factor if f(2)=0. So x-2=0 is a factor if 2 satisfies the equation when you put 2 in for 0. Hope this makes sense although I've a feeling my explanation is pretty bad :P

ah yeah i actually knew that, idk i had it in my head that there was some proof involved :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

When the teachers said it was never too late to start studying they were wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

In maths class im called macklemore because im always like what what what what what what what what

Macklemore has a little brother Macklebeag

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

no prob prodge
    Prodigious wrote: »
    Was it not prodgy? :)
    Youre not worth the second syllable :-P
    It would appear that you two have difficulty reading:
    Right, gentlemen, consider yourselves lucky Canard got here first!

So, you get yourselves a final chance: stick to the above or get yourselves a time out.

- Ignore one another, do not address one another in any way, good, bad or indifferent.

- No sly sideswipes at one another. If I even *suspect* that this is intended, I won't give any benefit of the doubt, so read each post twice.

- No sideswipes or prodding at anyone else either. The LC starts shortly, people are nervous and stressed, no-one needs any additional aggravation.

There is NO need to respond to this post on thread. In fact, I would strongly advise against it!

And yes, LCS, I did spot the prod at spurious in the other thread.

Prodigious - one days ban.

LCS - three days ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

So how is everyone fixed/feeling for the leaving?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

barry194 wrote: »

Shit

• Registered Users Posts: 11 naoise225

Guys, a word of advice. Don't take up an extra subject unless you feel you have the time and energy! Always remember they only count six. Enjoy 5th year,I loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hasn't hit me yet that the leaving cert is the day after tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I'm the same! I still haven't touched maths, French or Irish yet! :eek:

Anyone know anyone selling that drug NZT-48 From the movie Limitless? Need it for cramming.
    Seriously if there is a real life alternative i'd love to know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I'm afraid Bradley took the last one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

naoise225 wrote: »
    Guys, a word of advice. Don't take up an extra subject unless you feel you have the time and energy! Always remember they only count six. Enjoy 5th year,I loved it!

Sound except I'm doing my Applied Maths final exam on this 21st June, and I'm not to sure if I had the time and energy :P

I'm sure the 5th year thread or the JC forum or the TY forum should hear this advice though, because it is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    Anyone know anyone selling that drug NZT-48 From the movie Limitless? Need it for cramming.
    Seriously if there is a real life alternative i'd love to know

Beroffee (coffee + berocca) im considering adding a lemsip to the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Lads just wondering is the human interaction with biome answer in Sue Honan suitable? It seems to only go over 2 aspects?
    Thanks if anyone knows because I am unsure if I would get full marks for it! :)

David1994 wrote: »
    Lads just wondering is the human interaction with biome answer in Sue Honan suitable? It seems to only go over 2 aspects?
    Thanks if anyone knows because I am unsure if I would get full marks for it! :)

Are the two aspects, Commercial logging and Pastoral Farming?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

English paper 2. Oh my god someone help me? how do i learn so much?????????

Are the two aspects, Commercial logging and Pastoral Farming?

It basically goes through impact of deforestation in tropical rainforest and effect of acid in North Europe. Confused if this is acceptable because normally you have to discuss 3/4?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Prince Swag

barry194 wrote: »

not feeling any pressure tbh, ive already got a place in college, im not aiming for any specific number of points, ill be happy with passing 5 subjects or even everything!

David1994 wrote: »
    It basically goes through impact of deforestation in tropical rainforest and effect of acid in North Europe. Confused if this is acceptable because normally you have to discuss 3/4?

Yeah its acceptable as long as you have the amount of SRP's needed to get full marks. :)

Yeah its acceptable as long as you have the amount of SRP's needed to get full marks. :)

Ah okay thanks :) If I have the choice of not doing it I probably will pick something else anyways xD
    Characteristics of biome and brown earths for the win!

With the exams drawing so close and barely having subjects revised, I'm suddenly delighted I changed my first choice on CAO! Was originally 540 and now 460 should be a breeze :D

I know some people sell their notes but I, I will be having a bonfire :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Just over 36 hours until English paper 1, let the cramming begin!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement