Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Just over 36 hours until English paper 1, let the cramming begin!

Three weeks tomorrow we get our HPAT results!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Just over 36 hours until English paper 1, let the cramming begin!

I've a feeling the QB's will be horrible. :o
    I'd love a nice aul' speech about teenagers for the QB, and then a nice personal essay about problems/magazine article about celebrities.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Three weeks tomorrow we get our HPAT results!!!

three weeks today!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Hopefully there will be a nice personal essay title! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Glee_GG wrote: »
    three weeks today!

Hahaha I always lose track of days when I'm not in school :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

ray2012 wrote: »
    I've a feeling the QB's will be horrible. :o
    I'd love a nice aul' speech about teenagers for the QB, and then a nice personal essay about problems/magazine article about celebrities.

I had a personal essay in my mock which was along the lines of problems I think there is in the world. Was really handy. I'd love that again or Music in my life.

Not sure what I want for B, probably a report or review but they usually don't come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Tenner bets there'll be a comprehension on the Olympics on English P1

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

barry194 wrote: »
    I had a personal essay in my mock which was along the lines of problems I think there is in the world. Was really handy. I'd love that again or Music in my life.

Not sure what I want for B, probably a report or review but they usually don't come up.

Sounds handy enough! In my mocks I did a magazine article on celebrity culture. I wrote about stuff like the Illuminati in an almost 'gossip magazine' way. It was atrocious, yet hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

I'd love love love a personal essay/ article/ speech along the lines of 'the end of an era' oh the fun I could have with that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

ray2012 wrote: »
    Sounds handy enough! In my mocks I did a magazine article on celebrity culture. I wrote about stuff like the Illuminati in an almost 'gossip magazine' way. It was atrocious, yet hilarious.

If ye manage to get the illuminati into an essay you're flying ! Couple of pages right there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

I'd love love love a personal essay/ article/ speech along the lines of 'the end of an era' oh the fun I could have with that!!

I really want a short story/personal essay along the lines of "I found it difficult to remain hopeful" or something like that. I just can't, for the life of me, write happy/uplifting stories. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

kevin12345 wrote: »
    I really want a short story/personal essay along the lines of "I found it difficult to remain hopeful" or something like that. I just can't, for the life of me, write happy/uplifting stories. :pac:

I can't for the life of me write stories so you're well ahead in that regard! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I can't for the life of me write stories so you're well ahead in that regard! :P

Gimme a speech or semi serious article any day. I can't write a story to save my life :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Personal essays fo lyf.

I just have a lot of feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Anyone wanna share their online grinds account with me? really stuck here.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Slow Show wrote: »
    Personal essays fo lyf.

I just have a lot of feelings.

Please tell me that's a Mean Girls reference or else this may be awkward...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

yournerd wrote: »
    Anyone wanna share their online grinds account with me? really stuck here.

Is it not a little late for online grinds?

I always end up writing the craziest things in my essays! It's mad the things that come into my head on the spot! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Please tell me that's a Mean Girls reference or else this may be awkward...

Yes, yes it is :P

decisions wrote: »
    Is it not a little late for online grinds?

Just wanna watch some macbeth videos :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Slow Show wrote: »
    Yes, yes it is :P

You have no idea how happy this has made me.

I seriously cannot believe that tomorrow is the day before I start my leaving cert! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I would usually say that it's starting to get monotone, but it's so true, and my brain still can't accept it.

cant accept it,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

hmIS9QI.jpg

I say I'm just going to feel like I'm back in normal classes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

In a few minutes I may start bricking it

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

For the mocks i was unprepared for a lot of things and told myself that ill make sure ill have everything covered for the real exam as it is everything I've worked for the past two years all in one exam Etc... Now here I am even less prepared than I was for the mocks and yet I don't feel nervous! It still hasn't hit me that they start Wednesday! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I'm trying to take comfort for the fact that I'm sitting the exams in a class room instead of a hall, so hopefully I can treat them as normal school exams :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement