Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Tomorrow.

FML!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

peekachoo wrote: »
    I'm trying to take comfort for the fact that I'm sitting the exams in a class room instead of a hall, so hopefully I can treat them as normal school exams :eek:

Same for me, The JC is in the gym

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

will the marking schemes be available before we get our results or are they put on the website after.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Should give me some ease.

On the other hand I can see myself chickening out on Friday and dropping to pass maths :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Should give me some ease.

On the other hand I can see myself chickening out on Friday and dropping to pass maths :eek:

Same. I wanna take the risk and get those 25 points but what if I fail ahhhh

• Advertisement

Luize wrote: »
    Same. I wanna take the risk and get those 25 points but what if I fail ahhhh

I know i won't because apparently the HL and OL papers are different but I'm actually terrified of failing now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

I know i won't because apparently the HL and OL papers are different but I'm actually terrified of failing now!

Yeah but I'm sure you wouldn't fail it like :) I know same like you basically fail your entire leaving cert ugh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

007driver wrote: »
    will the marking schemes be available before we get our results or are they put on the website after.

September

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Yeah but I'm sure you wouldn't fail it like :) I know same like you basically fail your entire leaving cert ugh :(

I don't know why we have to pass it to pass our lc!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

For some colleges, forget which ones though, if you get an e in HL maths you can count it as a pass subject but you cannot use it for points :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I'm trying to take comfort for the fact that I'm sitting the exams in a class room instead of a hall, so hopefully I can treat them as normal school exams :eek:

Same! The JC just felt like any other day in school because we do all our exams in class rooms!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

we sit them in our huge PE hall..theres only like 60 of us..literally going to hear/see everything *gulp*

What are the chances of failing HL Irish with the oral? Like with the paper being worth less than 50% along with the listening!
    I'm not counting Irish and I'm doing the bare minimum, 1 poem and 1 story, and if they don't come up I'll either leave it out or just make up stuff.
    I'm fine as anyone at the comprehensions so am i fairly confident i can pass? I'm gonna estimate i got around 25/40 in the oral :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I'm getting seriously worried now :( very one expects me to get 625 but I didn't exactly study that much and I'm not going to get it and I am going to be so disappointed because I could definitely get it :( I'm so stressed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Sitting in bed reading all the compositions I've ever done, feels like a waste of time but I feel like I have to do something for Paper 1. Is there any kind of QB that I should know a specific layout for bar letters, and well I just won't be doing a report.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

So less than 24 hours how's everyone feeling? I've confess I'm feeling quite relaxed I just keep telling myself that there's nothing much I can do now that'll change what's gonna happen in any big way! We've been preparing for this for 2 years, we know this stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

So less than 24 hours how's everyone feeling? I've confess I'm feeling quite relaxed I just keep telling myself that there's nothing much I can do now that'll change what's gonna happen in any big way! We've been preparing for this for 2 years, we know this stuff!

same here, feeling pretty chill about the whole thing right now, no point stressing, not gonna get you anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

thought I'd pop in to this thread to wish everyone good luck tomorrow :) I hope everything goes well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I'd also like to wish everyone the best of luck for tomorrow and indeed the coming weeks :)

I remember this day last year well...it was scorching hot as well and it still hadn't hit me that the leaving cert was less than 24 hours away. I remember I spent nearly all day focusing on Paper 2 and then from about 7 or 8 o clock in the evening I started focusing on part B layouts, sample comprehension answers and a run through essay titles in the exam papers down the years.

Tbh I remember going back to Paper 2 at like 10 o clock. Paper 1 is a nice start to the exams but still a very important one. I'd advise not to neglect it the day before, but you're wasting your time if you spend the entire day on it....well that's my view on it anyway. I remember I was nearly sorted for poetry and most of Hamlet after this day last year so it definitely paid off for me by doing a lot of paper 2. I even remember my essay on the day wasn't entirely great.... I remember even cringing at it after but I did a good paper 2 and ended up getting a B1... It definitely was that session on the tuesday that got me that grade :P

Also, make sure you don't stay up too long tonight. I was up until two in the morning nearly every night last year besides for the first exam and I was shattered....but it was so worth it. But yeah take every opportunity you can get for some extra sleep!!! Make sure you sort out the whole biro's, pencils etc. situation in the day as well, you'll have too much on your mind by nighttime....

Anyways, the very best of luck to everyone doing their exams :D It's not as bad as it seems, trust me....and it's not the end of the world, it's only the start of it

The exam talk thing is on rte radio 1 now it anyone wants to listen :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Pat Kenny says its too late for cramming. LIES!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

How exactly do you write a "talk"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Exams start tomorrow and here I am sorting out my summer clothes. I've discovered that I own 14 pairs of shorts. I don't know what kind of weather I've been expecting!

I'm actually feeling pretty calm about tomorrow. Everything after that is a different story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Say it Aint So

I'm getting seriously worried now :( very one expects me to get 625 but I didn't exactly study that much and I'm not going to get it and I am going to be so disappointed because I could definitely get it :( I'm so stressed :(

You know what it doesn't really matter as long as you get your course

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

What did pat kenny say?

That its too late for cramming :O ill prove him wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Same here. All nighters LETS GOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

English Paper 1 is a good starter I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Exams start tomorrow and here I am sorting out my summer clothes. I've discovered that I own 14 pairs of shorts. I don't know what kind of weather I've been expecting!

I'm actually feeling pretty calm about tomorrow. Everything after that is a different story though.

I don't want to jinx the weather! I need it to stay for after our exams! :P

As for tomorrow I'm very calm for someone who is so unprepared for home Ec! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Turning to berocca boosts in desperation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement