Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

is berocca the best yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

yournerd wrote: »
    is berocca the best yeah?

I find them very good for energy alright, turns your p!ss strange colours though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

The only thing to revise for paper 1 is the language of persuasion and information for the question c parts of the comps plus the layout of some part bs right?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

The weather is not helping with the study at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Addicted to Mocha and Lattes lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

peekachoo wrote: »
    I'm trying to take comfort for the fact that I'm sitting the exams in a class room instead of a hall, so hopefully I can treat them as normal school exams :eek:

Sitting exams in a class room is way better .i sat my jc in rooms not a hall. I sit the summer exams and pres in a hall and I hate it .

I got a job supervising in the school so I'm going to set up the rooms now :) .

Good luck everyone !!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭HistoryKitty

Hey hey LC'ers :) Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow and wanted to give you some advice (Some things I learned the hard way last year :P)

Okay right, all of you know this and I know a few of you are gonna take risks but study 5 poets, even if you did 3/4 well and 1/2 not so well. I studied 4 poets last year and none of them came up. What were the odds :rolleyes: So unless you want to be as distraught as I was, don't risk it :L

Don't stress. The LC just isn't worth it. I stressed myself out a lot and it worked against me.

If you stress you might panic. So my tips for panicing are take a moment in the exam, remind yourself that the exam is easy and you can do it, eat a sweet, calm down. Take a look round the room, if you see someone leaving and its only ten minutes in think ha fail and just go back to your exam.

When you're studying and you're staring blankly at your books and not doing a thing. Well I recommend looking up videos on youtube/khan academy about things you're stuck on/ different topics :)

Okay some maths tips cause loads of people freak over project maths (I did last year :P)

Just write something. Draw graphs, draw unit circles etc. If the question is about the line, well what do you know bout a line? LOADS. y=mx + c. where the intercepts are etc all the formulae. Just keep it simple. You're gonna get marks for info like that :) Another example, this question is about differentiation?? Well then I guess it must want me to differentiate at some point :P So when in doubt, differentiate out. So if you have no idea what to do, well differentiate it out :)

If you know the answer is a fraction etc, but don't know the answer, write down a random fraction or explain that it's a fraction and why if you know :)

Project maths is gonna throw a lot of weird maths problems in front of you. Write something, be calm. And read the question at least 2 times, bring a highlighter and highlight what exactly the question is trying to say (cause they do ask in a roundabout way)

If you know methods but just cant figure out how to do a question/running out of time, write out the method and show the examiner that you know things.

Right everyone says maths is hard, right? Well it's not and stop thinking it is. It's the only exam where you dont have to think of answers, they're right in front of you, you just have to solve the problem :) So remember, the answers are right there, just figure out how to get them :)

And finally, you could come to a point where your stressing and you're like I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING I'MMA FAIL etc but you DO know stuff even if you think you don't. Just calm down the exams are easy ( I don't mean that in a condescending way, I mean that you've all studied for 2 years and you have picked up enough info to pass/do well) so calm people

Anyways good luck :D Only a couple of days and it's all over so chin up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Does anyone know any clever uses of alliteration/mantras/assonance ? They would be really handy for a speech/debate question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Using the kind of analogy that will surely get me an A1 in English, right now I'm chill as a fridge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Hey LC'ers!

Want to wish you luck for tomorrow! (I'm sure you have bucket loads by now but you can never have too much luck I guess ;) )

Wish I can give you some kind of advice but I have yet to do my LC next year :rolleyes:

Don't forget to stop by again once its all over and not just vanish into thin air :P

anywho, BEST OF LUCK! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Just putting it out there, we are not even thinking about abandoning this thread until we hit 10,000 posts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I have nearly 700 posts in this thread :eek:

That is a lot of procrastination.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Anyone else excited for tomorrow? The sooner they begin.. the sooner they're over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Sweaty hands better not be a problem tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Legion. wrote: »
    Anyone else excited for tomorrow? The sooner they begin.. the sooner they're over.

Yup definitely. But on the other hand I feel like crying cause I'm not at all prepared enough ahh

Preparing to get some horrendous short story titles so I'll have to try my hand at something I've never done before.. should be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

Is that leaving cert radio programme not on this year? I've been trying to find it on 2fm and no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

HPMS wrote: »
    Is that leaving cert radio programme not on this year? I've been trying to find it on 2fm and no luck :(

There was one on rte radio 1 this morning with pat kenny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

There was one on rte radio 1 this morning with pat kenny :)

Oh, I must have missed it! :) I was looking forward to hearing the predictions and advise the night before each exam though so it annoys me that they picked this year to stop that other programme!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmBr

where's everyone heading in Dublin for nigght out when the LC is finished????

• Advertisement

HPMS wrote: »

Yeah I've been listening out too and nothing :( Shame really, used to listen to it when doing homework even when I wasn't worried about exams and it wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

ColmBr wrote: »

Maybe the village or lost society although they sometimes do stuff in the academy:P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

ColmBr wrote: »

Dandelion on the 19th. Might make a show of myself but ah sure.

That's if I make it out of the LC alive though, might wrap myself in bubble wrap cycling to the school tomorrow in case I decide to veer too close to a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

What's the deal with the exam threads for each subjects? Do the MODs make them?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Had Bob Marley blaring today to ease the nerves..

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

if we got a English paper similar to the mocks..WINNING . #hope

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Layzerman

Best of luck tomorrow lads! :)

Lads, ye know for the comparative questions, do ye try and use basically the same answer you've prepared beforehand ? As in, do you tend to write almost the same things for each comparative answer, while just changing the parts where you refer to the question?

I have my answer done out on cultural context with stuff dealing with Lack of power children have, power of money etc. but I was looking over past questions that came up and I think that I'd have a bit of difficulty suiting it to the question...

Right, I made an absolute mess out of trying to describe my question but hopefully someone can understand it. Would really appreciate a reply! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Yeah, thats what I do ^^ Most of the points are the same I found but if you know your texts you should be able to improvise anyway?

• Advertisement

ynwa14 wrote: »
    Yeah, thats what I do ^^ Most of the points are the same I found but if you know your texts you should be able to improvise anyway?

Ah alright, thanks for the reply! I'm hoping it's a question where I'll be able to use the essay I have prepared.. however, I would be able to make up an answer on the spot, but I'm not sure how good it would be. :o

By the way, good luck everyone with English Paper 1 tomorrow! I'll surely be back later to say it again anyways ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement