Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SeanMcG95

How long should each of the three parts of question A in paper 1 be? In the pre I spend waay to long on them, making them over a page each and then I only had half an hour left at the end for the essay :(
    I know the question B should be about 1.5-2 pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

These best of luck texts people are sending me are getting annoying *shakes fist*

Same! :pac:

I think I'll just make a template reply and send it off to numerous numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

I havent got any good luck texts I feel so unloved! (Lovely card from my irish teacher though.. counts right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

My aunt sent me a good luck text with a crying man at the end! It was very optimistic of her... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Are we allowed to bring stopwatches into the exam with us? It's not on a wrist watch so I'm not 100% sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tf19

Good luck everyone.

Now turn off the computer and get back to studying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Go n'eirí an tádh libh. (I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Ah the good luck charms. I'd a Livestrong wristband that I hadn't taken off since I got it in 3rd year.... Of course as soon as I finished it it cracked.... Maybe that's why Lance was found out :P I also had one of those rosary rings which I had for my college exams also. I kept that in my pocket and there was no bother. I think superintendants will understand those things as long as they're medals, badges etc.

Oh and guys make sure you be in extra early for tomorrow and for every exam. My superintendant was an elderly lady who was nothing but lovely and was really lax with regards to time. I often started an exam five minutes early and even though I always left every exam early, she always gave a few minutes overtime to people... You might get lucky like I did and it might make some difference :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Not too bothered about English but home ec on the other hand.. I'm only just about to learn my elective and I feel like there's still entire chapters I don't know. Oh god. I'm praying that the project will bring me up a bit at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

What time are ye all going to school? I can't wait to go in and see everyone .. It's been too long! :')

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

What time are ye all going to school? I can't wait to go in and see everyone .. It's been too long! :')

Around 10 to 9? I think we've to be there half an hour before the first exam starts or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Dear boardsies, I wish you all the very best of luck tomorrow :D Ye kept me sane in my studies! Don't be panicking about it now, it's only a table quiz really :P Take the advice of Lady Macbeth, "We fail?! Screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail!"

LET'S DO THIS! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

My usual time: leave at around 8 or five past, 20 minute walk and get in around 8.20ish.

I'm still feeling pretty calm. However, the shooting pain along the length of my right arm that's been attacking me for the past half hour really doesn't bode well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I, Copper_pipe would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone the best of luck with their Leaving Cert examinations.

Here was me planning on strolling in at 9.15 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

All the best lads! Let's make this count

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Good luck tomorrow everyone :) Have an early night! Superintendents instructions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Good luck everyone ! :)

Last minute question! Do ye do an introduction/concluding paragraph in the comprehension part A questions? As in, if you got a question saying "Describe the character of X" , would you do an introductory stating something like "the character is a, b and c" and then describe those adjectives in different paragraphs? I think I would usually do that, but the introduction seems a little bare with like 2 lines! Just looking for peoples opinions on this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Well comrades, the last few months have been a pleasure. Good luck to everyone tomorrow, hope all goes well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

Does anyone know a list of things we can and can't bring into the exam hall with us? I've heard small sweets are OK, but I doubt a bag of Tayto is cool. A watch is cool, but can I come in with a full clock hanging round my neck Flava Flav style? Seriously though, a list of stuff would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Well, my facebook is being completely assaulted by leaving cert statuses. Bloody awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

ray2012 wrote: »
    Good luck everyone ! :)

Last minute question! Do ye do an introduction/concluding paragraph in the comprehension part A questions? As in, if you got a question saying "Describe the character of X" , would you do an introductory stating something like "the character is a, b and c" and then describe those adjectives in different paragraphs? I think I would usually do that, but the introduction seems a little bare with like 2 lines! Just looking for peoples opinions on this!

Thats what I do and I normally get at least near to full marks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Going to bed now, good luck all. Get the mammies out lighting candles.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

David1994 wrote: »
    Thats what I do and I normally get at least near to full marks :)

Grand! Thanks for replying :D Good luck tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Best of luck, everyone!

Get an early night. Hopefully, most people got some fresh air to-day and that might help you sleep more easily.

It will all be over in a few days!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Fresh air got, prepared as one can be for paper 1, bed now L.C 2013 come at me. Good luck to all, be grand sure haven't we like 5000 Mass cards got, and candles to be lit tomorrow:)

Best of luck to fellow boardsies ( don't know how to spell that :)! Hopefully you'll all get what you want and all the hard work will pay off! Everything will be fine .. Sure granny lit a candle ;)

Mom just surprised me with mc Donald's and a mc flurry! <3 loving all the sympathy we get ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Good luck chums, thanks for aiding me in all my procrastination and constant questions! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Anyone know a good wake up routine to make me alert for when the exam starts?
    Thinking getting up at half 7, shower then berocca boost, any other good stuff? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck tomorrow :) we'll all be fine!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement