Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Just a quick reminder, leaving cert is tomorrow everybody.

And good luck :p

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone know a good wake up routine to make me alert for when the exam starts?
    Thinking getting up at half 7, shower then berocca boost, any other good stuff? :p

I'm leaving the old berocca till I walk out the door and hopefully ill get up early enough to have a boiled egg :)

I actually feel kind of excited ?? It feels like on primary school getting ready for a school tour and packing all your stuff the night before etc. :) .. Don't judge me.. I know I'm weird! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

good luck everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

A quick FIFA match and off to bed :P . Fingers crossed the paper will be easy :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Just a quick reminder, leaving cert is tomorrow everybody.

Sometimes, there's only one choice ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTB0keclz0XSfJMs6yGZ1eseK4UlF6hs90GyXseG29VY1q1j_Dg

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

D_s wrote: »
    Does anyone know a list of things we can and can't bring into the exam hall with us? I've heard small sweets are OK, but I doubt a bag of Tayto is cool. A watch is cool, but can I come in with a full clock hanging round my neck Flava Flav style? Seriously though, a list of stuff would be great!

If someone came in with Taytos I'd murder them, one rustle of the bag and there'd be daggers flying left right and centre :P
    I'm planning on bringing in strepsils, don't think they'd appreciate my whole collection of neurofen super maxi strength and Tyrozets though :o

Don't actually know what the craic is with bringing stuff in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

Good luck to everyone doing their Leaving Cert tomorrow. :)

Don't worry about a thing, the whole Leaving Cert itself is very over hyped through the media/television in this country. There are plenty of ways to get into courses without points.

Also enjoy the next two weeks, I did mine last year and honestly it was great. It is a great challenge and you have great fun with your friends. In a way I wish I was doing it again just to have the fun with the lads, because it is one of the last times that you and your classmates will all be together. And the two weeks fly! Think of the drink after too! :)

Anyways good luck to all involved. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Good Luck to everyone tomorrow! Lets hope it's a good start! :)

This must be the quietest this thread has been at this time! :) anyways best of luck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Good luck guys! Trying to sleep tonight will be fun :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Can't sleep.

Why can't I be back in first year :'( do we just go to school with a pencil case and bottle of water? I feel like I'm forgetting something! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Why can't I be back in first year :'( do we just go to school with a pencil case and bottle of water? I feel like I'm forgetting something! :O
    Exam number?

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
    And the bells in the steeple too
    And up in the nursery an absurd little bird*
    Is popping out to say, "Cuckoo"
    Regretfully they tell us but firmly they compel us
    To say goodbye to you ...

:p

* Canard >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

So todays the day

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Anyone else not able to sleep because they feel absolutely fcked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Don't worry about bringing your exam number, it'll be on the table!

With regards to what you can bring in, really most things are fine, any sort of food as long as it doesn't make lots o noise just be discreet about it. No phones or iPods or of course sheets of your own paper! Really after that there's nothing much they won't allow, most of the examiners tend to be little dears who certainly won't pick a fight with you for bringing in a purple snack!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Definitely bedtime now, I won't say good luck for English p1 I think I'll save it for maths on Friday :pac:

We got this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Lads, in the words of Father Ted... Let's lick some arse!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Was planning on getting an early night but here I am :P
    I'm starting to freak out now. ITS IN 9 HOURS OH MY GOD!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I thought I was usually pretty good at sleeping but tonight, of all nights I 'lack the season of all natures - sleep'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Macbeth doth murder sleep!!

I knew Macbeth's murdering ways would come back to haunt us eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Best of luck to all the LC's tomorrow, once the exams start and get into the routine of it you'll be grand. Over before ye know it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Why can't I sleep!!!

I'm not even tired in the slightest. :( No doubt I will be the complete opposite in 6 hours time if I don't get to sleep fairly lively.

Edit: now I think the radio is haunting me. 'Kickstarts' by Example is on, the song I had constantly stuck in my head for a lot of the JC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

The leaving cert does murder sleep - the innocent sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

It took me forever to get to sleep, but no trouble waking up a half hour before my alarm!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Woke up at 3, couldn't sleep again until 4:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Good luck everyone!!! I'm sure you'll all do great ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement