Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Didnt sleep til two and then woke up 40 minutes before my alarm. Ugh!

Good luck though, everyone. You'll all do brilliantly... and then theres me. Hah. Nah as we say...be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

Best of luck everyone, no point stressing now whats done is done ! All we can do is pray and get on with it!! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

I sort of slept, had all sorts of crazy dreams, one of which was sort of like a modern day Macbeh in which my dog rose from the dead. Macbeth is taking over our lives!

Still has calm as you like here, might change when I get into my smelly eam centre woth it's bright yellow walls (how awful! :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I actually feel sick thinking about these exams! It was definitely a bad idea to sit outside yesterday and get completely sun burnt! :(
    Anyway best of luck to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Didn't fall asleep until about 2 last night.

Apart from feeling slightly sick, I'm holding it together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ahhhhhh lads and ladies you'll do grand :D good luck.:cool:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

O/T is very quiet for a change, where is everyone? :confused:

Anyone ever get the feeling they're forgetting something?

Well... That was grand!! Sits in canteen waiting for home ec to start

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Got out in with other other class so now I have a lovely seat down the back by the window :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

What was the theme of the paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Irish94 wrote: »
    What was the theme of the paper?

Story telling

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

Story telling

How did people find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

It was grand. My essay was underwhelming but usually when I think I've written a terrible essay it's better than I've given myself credit for, and usually when I'm confident I've written a brilliant essay it's never as good as I thought. So this could be a good sign! ;)

What did people pick? I did the talk on TV/Radio, the comprehension on Text 2 and then the personal essay on storytelling in music. I would have rathered a speech but I didn't want to do a talk and then a speech as well since they're fairly similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

It was grand. My essay was underwhelming but usually when I think I've written a terrible essay it's better than I've given myself credit for, and usually when I'm confident I've written a brilliant essay it's never as good as I thought. So this could be a good sign! ;)

What did people pick? I did the talk on TV/Radio, the comprehension on Text 2 and then the personal essay on storytelling in music. I would have rathered a speech but I didn't want to do a talk and then a speech as well since they're fairly similar!

I thought it was grand too, did text 1 and b on text 3 the tourist article and then the same essay as you did. I thought the essay was nice to write on hope I did good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Nice enough paper, might have lost a few marks here and there in the Question A, I did it on Text 1, felt my Question B on Text 3 (the must-see tourist location) went pretty well too.
    barry194 wrote: »
    I thought the essay was nice to write on hope I did good :P

Same, I found the storytelling in music essay really easy to talk about, any music students would have been sorted for that one since leaving cert music focuses a lot on how music depicts a story. Was even a nice choice for non-music students :)

curly135 wrote: »
    Nice enough paper, might have lost a few marks here and there in the Question A, I did it on Text 1, felt my Question B on Text 3 (the must-see tourist location) went pretty well too.

Same, I found the storytelling in music essay really easy to talk about, any music students would have been sorted for that one since leaving cert music focuses a lot on how music depicts a story. Was even a nice choice for non-music students :)

We did all the same stuff so! When I started on text A I thought I was going to do awful but then settled down and got into it :p

Yeah I don't do music but I have always wrote about Music in essays if I can. One of the lads said that that essay was on our JC paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

I did the speech for the composition and was sure I was writing pure bull but in hindsight it was actually ok, that said, I prob did terribly!

curly135 wrote: »

Ah balls, I only just realised.. I could have gotten at least a good chunky paragraph out on Tchaikovsky and programme music and all that. I focused in completely on the lyrics and the stories told through the lyrics and how they've impacted on me through various stages of my life. I should have broadened out. Oh well. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Man I underestimated how long that comprehension would take.

• Advertisement

Man I underestimated how long that comprehension would take.

Same but I was extremely comfortable for time!

I did the b on text one and the a on text two and then wrote a short story about a reunion. Nice paper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

ynwa14 wrote: »
    I did the b on text one and the a on text two and then wrote a short story about a reunion. Nice paper :)

Haha, exactly the same here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

Did Q. A on text 2 (Interview) and Q. B on text 1 (The TV/Radio talk). I absolutely loved the "Art of the glimpse" essay! Reckon I knocked that one out of the park... then again I've said that before and not done brilliantly :P

How much did everyone get to write, by the way? I managed 2 pages for the part B and 4 and a half for composition, struggled a tad on time but then had 15 mins left over at the end because my clock was slightly off and I didn't look at the one on the wall :S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

The realisation that Paper 2 still has to be done and studied for is a killer. So tired. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Slow Show wrote: »
    The realisation that Paper 2 still has to be done and studied for is a killer. So tired. :(

Yea!! Like it actually feels like i've just done my leaving cert. Some kick in the face that I still have 9/10 papers left >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

i didn't think it was possible to use the word cliff-hanger so much.. I did A from text 1, B from text 3 and did the last composition on a reunion which was pretty crap and i didnt get to finish it well! whats the story with he extra 20 minutes thing, if you wanted could you demand to be given an extra 20 mins?

Yeah, you'd swear we were all finished. :P

Ah well, onwards and upwards. As tempting as it is, there's no point spending all day going back and dissecting your performance on Paper 1, since there's nothing we can do about it now. :)

I'm tempted to study Geography now and leave paper 2 off completely to the morning but I don't think that's a great idea, I may do a poet or two now to cover me. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

i didn't think it was possible to use the word cliff-hanger so much.. I did A from text 1, B from text 3 and did the last composition on a reunion which was pretty crap and i didnt get to finish it well! whats the story with he extra 20 minutes thing, if you wanted could you demand to be given an extra 20 mins?

No, the exam itself is 20 mins longer. It's 2hours 50, it used to be 2 hours 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

Thought it was lovely! Storytelling such a cute theme...I know it won't have suited everybody but you can't deny that it was very geared towards our generation- the cliffhanger text, TV/radio talk, how storytelling in music impacts you etc.
    Smiled like an idiot to myself when I saw that music essay <33333 :D
    Could have been waaay worse so we should count our blessings and hope paper 2 isn't paper 1's evil twin :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement