Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

how do i learn like 20 essays?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bonbon1995

can some sound person pm or whatever the lay out of cultural context or theme and issue ill do anything ! help a bro out :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Prodigious wrote: »
    Results of exams?

does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    I actually dunno I paid something alright and I got tax credits? do I need a p21 so?

All depends on how many shifts you worked, if you can work it out closely enough how much you earned over the summer then you'll be fine, I worked it out myself as I only worked about 10 shifts or so. The P21 just gives you an exact figure for how much you've earned gross pay.

stetyrrell wrote: »
    All depends on how many shifts you worked, if you can work it out closely enough how much you earned over the summer then you'll be fine, I worked it out myself as I only worked about 10 shifts or so. The P21 just gives you an exact figure for how much you've earned gross pay.
    Balls I earned a good bit, I worked 8 hours a day 4/5 days a week for three months solid and then weekends until Christmas :(

• Advertisement

Balls I earned a good bit, I worked 8 hours a day 4/5 days a week for three months solid and then weekends until Christmas :(

Yeah you'll definitely need to get a P21 and include that into the application. There's probably at least 3500 quid there to be added on to your parents income, I don't think the grant application crowd would be too happy if they stumbled upon that haha.

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Yeah you'll definitely need to get a P21 and include that into the application. There's probably at least 3500 quid there to be added on to your parents income, I don't think the grant application crowd would be too happy if they stumbled upon that haha.
    ok no point applying so..waste of time :( arghhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

I am so screwed for tomorrow.. still don't know a single thing.

At least the exam isn't until 2

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Luize wrote: »
    I am so screwed for tomorrow.. still don't know a single thing.

At least the exam isn't until 2

Lifesaver!

ok no point applying so..waste of time :( arghhh

You should just go for it anyways, won't do you any harm to apply and they turn it down. The upper limit last year for half the student contribution was 52,000 total income for the family if you were the only child in college, just to give you an idea of the threshold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 LCchancer

deciding which poets to gamble on... hmm bishop mahon..... yeah thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

LCchancer wrote: »
    deciding which poets to gamble on... hmm bishop mahon..... yeah thats it

Plath too and we should be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

can some sound person pm or whatever the lay out of cultural context or theme and issue ill do anything ! help a bro out :(:(

Boom. Comparative study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I wish the exam started at 9:30 tbh, would love to have that extra time to study for Maths and Geography.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Prodigious wrote: »

I honestly didn't notice you had just changed your username, I assumed you just fecked off to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LCchancer

dont see the fascination with plath tbh ahahah maybe i just love rainbow rainbow rainbow! atleast its not till 2 though! cram cram crammmm

decisions wrote: »
    I honestly didn't notice you had just changed your username, I assumed you just fecked off to study.

</3 After all we've been through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

decisions wrote: »

Wait, who was he?

Colm! wrote: »
    Wait, who was he?

The knobhead who threatened to ddos your mate. I'm here you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I'm pretty sure you can trace my state of mind during Paper 1 through my handwriting.

QA: fairly hard to read. Blind panic as I attempt to squeeze enough points out of the text for my answers, while struggling to avoid repetition and stick to my timing.
    QB: slightly easier to read. Regaining confidence but wavering in places as I question the tone and content of my talk.
    Composition: probably the easiest to read. Finally relaxing into the task at hand although getting slightly worried at the more formal points in my personal essay and overly long paragraphs.

Roll on tomorrow when I descend into the indecipherable phase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Downed tools for tonight. Still need to run over a couple of Macbeth questions and the comparative course tomorrow morning, then I'm all set. The real fun will be cramming for Geography tomorrow night..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

I'm pretty sure you can trace my state of mind during Paper 1 through my handwriting.

QA: fairly hard to read. Blind panic as I attempt to squeeze enough points out of the text for my answers, while struggling to avoid repetition and stick to my timing.
    QB: slightly easier to read. Regaining confidence but wavering in places as I question the tone and content of my talk.
    Composition: probably the easiest to read. Finally relaxing into the task at hand although getting slightly worried at the more formal points in my personal essay and overly long paragraphs.

Roll on tomorrow when I descend into the indecipherable phase.

You have just described me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

peekachoo wrote: »
    Seriously though anybody got solutions for me? How can you ask for a college letter when they're off for summer? :P
    Who? The colleges? Believe me, they're not! :pac:

Get your sister to contact the Registrar's Office / Registry / Records Office of the relevant college (it gets called slightly different things in different colleges, if you mention here or PM me the name of the relevant college I should be able to point you to the right office) and ask them to issue a letter and / or academic transcript to her, and specify the purpose ... they should know themselves which is most suitable for SUSI (does it say anything in the guide to filling out the application ... assuming there is one ... about what documentation is appropriate, or does it just say "a letter"?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Oh thank you! I just assumed my sister would have to go to cork to get a letter or something. They didn't clarify what kind of documentation for it but I emailed them just to double check. Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Cram the entire Geography course in one short evening, without neglecting maths?

Challenge accepted. :cool:

(I'm screwwwweeeeed. :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I mean really lads, what bright spark came up with the idea of having an unseen poem on English Paper 2? Like what person was like 'You know what this paper needs, an unseen poem! Because there definitely isn't enough going on already.' Who does that??

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

English is the devils subject. So very, very useless. (IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Slow Show wrote: »
    I mean really lads, what bright spark came up with the idea of having an unseen poem on English Paper 2? Like what person was like 'You know what this paper needs, an unseen poem! Because there definitely isn't enough going on already.' Who does that??
    Someone who was trying to relieve the pressure / obsession re: the seen poets, maybe? :D

Actually, my sense is that most people seem to pick up a decent few marks on that section if they keep their heads.
    English is the devils subject. So very, very useless. (IMO)
    Sez s/he in English! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

Its not like we learn to speak it!
    I say leave it at paper one and split Paper two into a new optional subject called literature.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement