Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

HPMS wrote: »
    I know Mahon, Bishop, Shakespeare and Hopkins well. Trying to learn Wordsworth here but oh my god, it's proving impossible!! I just hope one of the ones I've sudied well comes up!
    I'm in the exact same boat as you, but I was looking at it and thinking the worst case scenario is Plath, Wordsworth, Kinsella and Rich, and by anyones standard I think that's a very unlikely combination!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Jade. wrote: »
    Weird I heard nothing back then :/

I don't think I qualify but surely they would send back a no?

When is the last day to apply for the grant?

Bonbon1995 wrote: »
    can anyone help? I got to 42% of the form and I know I must get my parents to send away for a p21.. anything else? also I worked last summer but I was only 17 so do I need a p21 too? if I say I worked I defo wont get a grant id say

peekachoo wrote: »
    ah id say they're up to their eyeballs! You'll prob get it this week.

Seriously though anybody got solutions for me? How can you ask for a college letter when they're off for summer?

Hi Jade, if you mail me your details I can check on your application for you. I would need the following details: W reference number: D.O.B: Address: Mother's Maiden Name:

Hi 11Charlie411, the closing date for renewal applicants is 14/06 and the closing date for first time applicants is 01/08.

Hi Bonbon1995, if you were a student then you’re entitled to earn €3809 before we count it as reckonable income. We now also have links to other government agencies so you won’t need to supply a P21.

Hi Peekachoo, I seen a lady offered advice on how to retrieve a letter from the college. The letter needs to confirm her attendance, it will need to state her start and end date. Also a copy of her award would suffice.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to mail me if you need any further help.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Rich would be interesting on the paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Do you get any marks if you don't quote or say the names of a poets poems? For in case none of the poets come up that I know.... because I definitely know some poets... yeah.... some.......

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Bishop is the only poet I know in detail the others I would have to completely waffling :(
    Please god put bishop on the paper!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

worst day ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Bishop is the only poet I know in detail the others I would have to completely waffling :(
    Please god put bishop on the paper!!!!

I'm the same! :/ I just hate poetry I can't learn them!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Spent all day procrastinating learning Kingship even though I know all the other Macbeth essays and not looking at me poets :S Best do one now sure... Mahon sure

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Do you get any marks if you don't quote or say the names of a poets poems? For in case none of the poets come up that I know.... because I definitely know some poets... yeah.... some.......

Well they'd give you some marks not many for attempting the question like that but when you are dicussing a certain aspect of the poets work its expected to name a poem by that poet which you can see it in and a quote from that poem to back up your point

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I don't mind the poetry, but I'm sh!tting bricks for Macbeth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

Ill be happy when maths is finished, the exams after that are not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

The nervous wait for the leaving Certs to log on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

SO HAPPY

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Such a nice paper. Even the unseen poetry was fairly easy for once. 4 pages for Macca, 4.5 for the comparative, 3.75 for poetry, and 1 page for the unseen. Feeling pretty confident if I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

I was smiling for the first five minutes of that exam when I saw Plath AND Bishop for the poets and Cultural Context :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

If the SEC were a person I may just kiss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Didn't like the Macbeth question, apart from that twas graaaaand

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I even loved the unseen poetry! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

English over the two papers was grand this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Macbeth, Unseen Poetry and Hopkins. YOU BEAUTIES :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Lads and lasses, is there any chance we could keep the OT, off topic? The last thing I needed yesterday was people talking about how great they thought the paper was on here after I ballsed it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Yes mom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Prodigious wrote: »
    Yes mom.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Well I did my time, how ppl gettin on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

946284_664182213608739_596027462_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

My left knee is aching for some reason :L

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LCchancer

paper was bettter than expected! questions were oddly put though and dunno what i even ended up writing for cultural context hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrySeoighe

Did anyone do Engineering? How do ye think it went? I thought it was a nice paper.:) I did Testing of materials, Thermal Equilibrium Diagrams, Welding and Polymers.
    I feel i did good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I feel sorry for next year's LC's - Plath, Bishop and Mahon are all on their course. I'm sure at least one of them will come up again as that'd only leave five poets but still, lolz.

Having a glance at all their poets, I'm going to predict now that Dickinson will be the one trending on twitter etc. next year seeing as she's the only other woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Did anyone do Engineering? How do ye think it went? I thought it was a nice paper.:) I did Testing of materials, Thermal Equilibrium Diagrams, Welding and Polymers.
    I feel i did good. :)

I did it too, Q1 short questions were tricky enough. Rest was ok

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement