Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrySeoighe

I did it too, Q1 short questions were tricky enough. Rest was ok

Ya they ere a bit tricky but the rest ere sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

I'm not even joking I was close to tears waiting to get the paper cause the only poet I knew was Bishop and my god the joy when I saw her name! So happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Survive tomorrow and the rest will be pleasure...

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

i forgot to tick the box to say i was doing it in english, could anything happen? :P actually panicking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

mixery wrote: »
    Survive tomorrow and the rest will be pleasure...

Today was the worst IMO, s'all good from here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Colm! wrote: »
    946284_664182213608739_596027462_n.png
    Jeez (spelled carefully!) Colm, don't you think that was taking it a bit too far?! :p :pac:
    i forgot to tick the box to say i was doing it in english, could anything happen? :P actually panicking
    Doing what in English? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Well I'm guessing its not possible to answer your English exam in Irish anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Jeez (spelled carefully!) Colm, don't you think that was taking it a bit too far?! :p :pac:

Doing what in English? :confused:

they mean ticking the box on the front cover that's says answering through english

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

they mean ticking the box on the front cover that's says answering through english
    Well, you can only answer the English paper in English anyway, so I presumed it must be something else ... maybe not! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

no it doesn't matter , you can only answer it in english but the answer booklet is the same for every subject ! so thats the only reason its there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

If anyone could send me a good characteristics of a Desert Biome essay in PM I'd be very greatful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Is anyone else finding it impossible to just put the last exams behind you on concentrate on the next? Keep thinking ah ****e I should've gone back and done x and y. Pain in the balls.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I need to get through today.
    I need to get through both exams tomorrow.
    Please juicy Jesus save me somehow.
    Please give me kind papers tomorrow, the gift of knowing something I didnt already know.

Im not usually a praying man, but if youre out there, pleaseeeeeeeeee save me superman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I thought it was only 20 to 8, not 20 to 9. I am now have an hour's less study time than I thought. Ah feck. :(

I thought it was only 20 to 8, not 20 to 9. I am now have an hour's less study time than I thought. Ah feck. :(

:/ happens to me every night :P

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    :/ happens to me every night :P

I wouldn't mind but I've never needed that hour so much in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

It's so hard to focus on the rest of the exams when you feel (and know) you did crap in your first one already (English paper 1 and paper 2) .. :( Need some inspiration. :| Anyone any good advice?

ray2012 wrote: »
    It's so hard to focus on the rest of the exams when you feel (and know) you did crap in your first one already (English paper 1 and paper 2) .. :( Need some inspiration. :| Anyone any good advice?

You really just have to think how thinking about an exam you have already done and can't change now is wasting your study time , think that if it didn't go well you need to put alot of effort into the next exam get the books out haha i'm know its alot easier said than done but i just have to be harsh with my self and say worrying isn't going to help my next exam result

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    You really just have to think how thinking about an exam you have already done and can't change now is wasting your study time , think that if it didn't go well you need to put alot of effort into the next exam get the books out haha i'm know its alot easier said than done but i just have to be harsh with my self and say worrying isn't going to help my next exam result

Thanks :) I'll try to put it aside and focus on the rest. Good luck with the rest of your exams! :p

Our examiner is a bit odd :L

During the engineering exam, she took out a ruler and started measuring the size of the tables, then she went over to the wall and measured a block and counted the blocks :p I presume she was trying to find out the area of the room :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

I am a repeat student and last year I passed english but did not get the points for nuig commerce, I know I will get the points this year but fear I may haved failed english this year could i still get admission to the course?? if anyone could let me know thanks a million!! :)

deise_girl wrote: »
    I need to get through both exams tomorrow.
    Please juicy Jesus save me somehow.
    Please give me kind papers tomorrow, the gift of knowing something I didnt already know.

Im not usually a praying man, but if youre out there, pleaseeeeeeeeee save me superman

there you have it folks, day two and this lc is already setting people crazy

I second deise_girl's impassioned plea for help. Tomorrow will be the worst day of these 2 weeks and I think I am not far off rocking away in the corner, sucking my thumb in the foetal position while I lament my lack of both knowledge amd preparedness for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

My phone and wallet were stolen from my bag during English paper two. And, you know, incidentally, there is now a sizeable hole in my bedroom wall. The moral is to watch your shít.

But hey, Hopkins came up.

My phone and wallet were stolen from my bag during English paper two. And, you know, incidentally, there is now a sizeable hole in my bedroom wall. The moral is to watch your shít.

But hey, Hopkins came up.

:(

Chin up, don't let it affect the rest of your exams.

I put my phone in the box outside our centre, I held on to the wallet though

The f*cking e-xamit site is so slow.

anyone elses back really sore from all the hunching? :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

anyone elses back really sore from all the hunching? :L

I'm butchered, I'm lying flat on my back on the floor right now :(

• Advertisement

decisions wrote: »
    I'm butchered, I'm lying flat on my back on the floor right now :(

thanks for the tip :P