Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

wwhat to do for maths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Practice exam papers.

where are the answers for the p2012 sec?

Examinations.ie I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Anyone spot any really hard/odd questions for maths paper 1? I really hope I have seen enough to not be surprised tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I'm so scared for tomorrow! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

anyone elses back really sore from all the hunching? :L

Don't think I've hunched for a single exam! :pac: I couldn't be any more comfortable if I tried! I do be practically lying down! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Jade. wrote: »
    Don't think I've hunched for a single exam! :pac: I couldn't be any more comfortable if I tried! I do be practically lying down! :P

jealous of your writing technique, i guess its my natural writing stance :P i cant decide to go bed now and get up early to study geography or try and keep at it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

jealous of your writing technique, i guess its my natural writing stance :P i cant decide to go bed now and get up early to study geography or try and keep at it :/

I'm just used to it now from the six years of sitting at those desks! I'm having the same debate I don't know whether to do maths or go to bed! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

anybody here getting reasonable accommodations for their LC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

im beginning to side with the option of going to bed and getting up at like 5, my brain feels fried and i didnt even do much this evening :P

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Anyone spot any really hard/odd questions for maths paper 1? I really hope I have seen enough to not be surprised tomorrow!

Wow, you must be sure of the A1 if you're looking for hard questions to do :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I reapplied for my age card (lost the first one on a night out, silly me :( ) there about a week ago (think it was last Fri). The first time I did it, september of last year I think it was, I got an email nearly straight away and the form came out within a few days. This time, it still says "payment received" when I enter the tracking number. No sign of an email from them and no form in the post yet either. Is something wrong or have others experienced delays like this? Is it because I'm reapplying or something? I would have figured that would be cleared up at the Garda Station itself, as their FAQ section implies.

Only reason I'm worried is because I'll need it for the 21st, I don't see the clubs around here accepting my out of date passport with a photo of 10 year old me as a valid form of ID, and I don't have a drivers license atm.

Is there anywhere I could phone/email about my application to try and sort it out or move it along?

I know there are infinitely many more important things I have to be worrying about, but that's exactly why I want to sort it out, so this doesn't become one of those things. :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

there you have it folks, day two and this lc is already setting people crazy

I was always crazy but this has brought it to new extremes.. Im just totally uncomfortable with not being able to revise over things before the exam.. I mean like not knowing what to even study is just.. I dont know should I focus on regional or economic when I wake.. And at this rate ill only get over 4 hourd sleep.. Wahhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I don't see the clubs around here accepting my out of date passport with a photo of 10 year old me as a valid form of ID ...
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall when / if you try it! :D

Age card supposedly takes 10 days, as does express passport. Be grand for the 21st!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Ugh sh*te I just realised by my own stupidity of not reading the whole question right, I answered the Theme & Issue, comparative question incorrectly. I compared my texts, and talked about the different moments in which I gained personal/universal reflections but I didn't exactly compare those reflections like it said to. So annoying, just throwing in words like 'On the other hand' or 'likewise' for those would've made all the difference. That's purpose seriously gone out the window then, bleeeeh.

I probably wasn't gonna end up counting English so this isn't stinging as much as it would but still, this sucks.

EDIT: Thinking it through a bit, and with a kind examiner, some of my reflections may be able to be construed as comparisons. Maybe. Yeah gonna exist with this false hope, f*ck it it's over now.

Slow Show wrote: »
    Ugh sh*te I just realised by my own stupidity of not reading the whole question right, I answered the Theme & Issue, comparative question incorrectly. I compared my texts, and talked about the different moments in which I gained personal/universal reflections but I didn't exactly compare those reflections like it said to. So annoying, just throwing in words like 'On the other hand' or 'likewise' for those would've made all the difference. That's purpose seriously gone out the window then, bleeeeh.

I probably wasn't gonna end up counting English so this isn't stinging as much as it would but still, this sucks.

EDIT: Thinking it through a bit, and with a kind examiner, some of my reflections may be able to be construed as comparisons. Maybe. Yeah gonna exist with this false hope, f*ck it it's over now.

****e. same.

Me too, sort of. Might not be as bad as you think. If you said "Text one left a deep impression on me, I had not seen this aspect of XXX before" and then, "Text 2 presented a contrast to text 1" It might be acceptable.

No point looking back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

For complex numbers when you get the roots of unity, why are these roots not accompanied by their conjugates? like when you let n= 0,1,2 etc. the roots arent conjugates of each other anyone know why?

• Advertisement

and dont wanna know why. uhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Prodigious wrote: »
    Me too, sort of. Might not be as bad as you think. If you said "Text one left a deep impression on me, I had not seen this aspect of XXX before" and then, "Text 2 presented a contrast to text 1" It might be acceptable.

No point looking back now.

Yeah I've realised that I would have ended up making some comparisons without even thinking of it e.g. 'Both texts allowed me to form a reflection on...' Tbf the rest of the two papers went alright, and all of the exams were never gonna go smoothly.

Onto the next one!

For complex numbers when you get the roots of unity, why are these roots not accompanied by their conjugates? like when you let n= 0,1,2 etc. the roots arent conjugates of each other anyone know why?

Roots are only conjugates if the coefficients are real

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Sporty_Kate

What should I study for HL biology? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

What should I study for HL biology? Thanks!

look in the hl biology thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I feel like an eejit now, form came out in the post today. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Genuine chance of me passing maths!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

First week finished! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

9000 posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

We might just make it to 1000 at this rate!

I had completely forgotten that it was Friday somehow. Ahhhhh weekend! Finally!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement