Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

We might just make it to 1000 at this rate!

I had completely forgotten that it was Friday somehow. Ahhhhh weekend! Finally!

*10000 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

*10000 ;)

And there's me only after sitting a maths paper. You know what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I don't know how come on Boards everyone says they did great and it was super easy, but irl everyone says they struggled.

14th of August will verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

mixery wrote: »
    I don't know how come on Boards everyone says they did great and it was super easy, but irl everyone says they struggled.

14th of August will verify.

I think its just the people who did well usually make sure you know they did well,most people who felt they didn't do so well would prefer to keep it to themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Will there be a results thread? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Deffo, if I do bad though you won't see me :P .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

On hot days like today my dog sits under our oil tank and licks the wall...anyone else? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Anonymou wrote: »
    I think its just the people who did well usually make sure you know they did well,most people who felt they didn't do so well would prefer to keep it to themselves.
    Hmmm ... my experience of previous years would suggest that people who don't feel happy vent / rant no bother at all.

It may just be that the forum users have been lucky enough with papers so far (and there don't seem to have been any genuinely horrible papers so far this year).
    peekachoo wrote: »
    On hot days like today my dog sits under our oil tank and licks the wall...anyone else? :P
    No, I definitely don't do that! :p :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I was lurking around here last year and all the complaining scared me to bits. The SEC are being nicer to us it seems. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

everyones delighted with maths and i just wanna cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

I was lurking around here last year and all the complaining scared me to bits. The SEC are being nicer to us it seems. :P

I'm reserving judgement until after Irish...

yournerd wrote: »
    everyones delighted with maths and i just wanna cry.

Don't worry about it!

I think someone will eventually write some sort of theorem on the observed Boards exam-happiness versus realistic exam-happiness and there'll be a lot of variation between the two. As is being said, the happy people are always a lot more eager to jump onto boards and post about their happiness than someone who isn't so happy. And then when the not-so-happy person sees the posts heralding the exam as a walk in the part they're even less likely to post since they don't want to appear less intelligent than the others (even though doing a bad exam does not make you less intelligent than someone who had a good exam!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Ya about half my year were distraught by the paper tbh so this sample isn't representative of the entire population...ooh cheeky statistics reference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

So what's the general opinion of higher level maths paper 1?
    A lot of people in my year were distraught, crying, had to leave the exam etc.
    And then I'm hearing that loads of people think it was a breeze??
    I found it only ok.. easier than the mocks but still quite difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Everyone in my school (from what I saw) was fairly happy. I thought I did enough for a C coming out, but then I heard various answers to questions and started doubting myself.

I found it okay as well, much easier than the mocks. But it's just impossible to estimate a result, especially with the unpredictability of the marking.

Yeah there's mixed opinions on it :P I did think the integration and differentiation questions were quite difficult.. and they were the ones I was most prepared for :/
    Yeah true! I'm just praying I do fairly well in paper 2 so I can be sure I won't fail haha

Luize wrote: »
    Yeah there's mixed opinions on it :P I did think the integration and differentiation questions were quite difficult.. and they were the ones I was most prepared for :/
    Yeah true! I'm just praying I do fairly well in paper 2 so I can be sure I won't fail haha

Yeah calculus was tough, ended up spending about an hour on it. Thinks slowly clicked in to place for the most part the last differentiation q was weird though, with the second derivatives and stuff? did anyone get that out?

Yeah calculus was tough, ended up spending about an hour on it. Thinks slowly clicked in to place for the most part the last differentiation q was weird though, with the second derivatives and stuff? did anyone get that out?

Is that where you had to show that it equalled 0? I struggled with that, left it, then came back to it near the end, doing the derivatives out carefully and it worked. Was fairly tricky though, more so that it was easy to make a slip rather than to not know what you were supposed to do..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Thought I did really well until I stupidly looked at the maths thread :( was really hoping for an A :(

I'm avoiding the maths thread now. It's counterproductive, and it'll throw you off your game for P2 if you start noticing things you did wrong!

*cough*Off Topic*cough*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Exactly.
    Hell, it'd be nice if we had an off-topic thread to chill out in after exams and get to... oh shit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Today does not feel like Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Oh sugar honey iced tea. This morning, while studying for maths, I spilled a bit of water on the bottom left of the keyboard on the family laptop. It worked fine after that, until I came back today to find that the bottom keys don't work at all and the top keys just go nuts whenever I press one. This'll mean my head on a platter. It won't even be silver.

More than a week after getting sunburnt, I am starting to see a tiny little patch beginning to peel. Here was me thinking that I wasn't going to peel for once. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

I feel like the worrying before each test is much worse than the actual test.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

My dad just asked me am I going to burn my uniform next Friday...I'm taking that as an invitation to kill that wretched yoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Drink is having an awful effect on me recently, I've a hangover already :O

Jade. wrote: »
    Drink is having an awful effect on me recently, I've a hangover already :O

Drinkin already? Fair play, that's good form

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

More than a week after getting sunburnt, I am starting to see a tiny little patch beginning to peel. Here was me thinking that I wasn't going to peel for once. :(

I'm the same I was sitting on maths and it was peeling on my arm.. And here I was thinking its going to a tan :(
    This thread actually makes me feel so much better knowing I'm not alone about the whole maths paper! The other one is just really depressing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

What's everyone planning on doing after the leaving cert/end of leaving cert night? :)

I'm not 18 until next month so I don't know how I'm gonna manage getting into the pubs/nightclub for the 23rd or what ever date the LC is over.. I usually sneak in there past the bouncers but they always have a load of bouncers out this night..

And for the rest of summer, I honestly have nothing planned! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement