Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Drinkin already? Fair play, that's good form

Ah sure you have to celebrate the half way mark! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

ray2012 wrote: »
    What's everyone planning on doing after the leaving cert/end of leaving cert night? :)

I'm not 18 until next month so I don't know how I'm gonna manage getting into the pubs/nightclub for the 23rd or what ever date the LC is over.. I usually sneak in there past the bouncers but they always have a load of bouncers out this night..

And for the rest of summer, I honestly have nothing planned! :P

Ha! Use anything. I once got into the local club with a bank card. When the place is busy enough they dont even look once its even kind of official.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

What's everyone planning on doing after the leaving cert/end of leaving cert night? :)

I'm not 18 until next month so I don't know how I'm gonna manage getting into the pubs/nightclub for the 23rd or what ever date the LC is over.. I usually sneak in there past the bouncers but they always have a load of bouncers out this night..

Assuming I get the age card back in time...

We're all going out to a nightclub on the 21st, then I have my brothers 7th birthday party the following day (whooo), then that night two of my fellow Leaving Certs are having a double 18th in another nightclub.. and after that, sleeping for a week straight I'd say. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

A bottle of buckfast and a 6 pack of Bav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Jade. wrote: »
    Ah sure you have to celebrate the half way mark! :P

Few casuals after maths? my kinda girl...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I finish on the very last day 21st, and I'm to only person in my school to finish then, everyone else will be finished way before that, so I'll hopefully convince some of the people to head out on to town on that night, or else I could go next Thursday when most people finish!

Few casuals after maths? my kinda girl...

That's it alright! :P Might as well celebrate finishing paper 1!

Haven't heard of anyone going out that late! We're all going out the 13th :P But heading straight to Savoy! Cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Jade. wrote: »
    That's it alright! :P Might as well celebrate finishing paper 1!

Haven't heard of anyone going out that late! We're all going out the 13th :P But heading straight to Savoy! Cannot wait!

I'm tempted by going out then, even though I've 4 exams after that! But they're not on until the next Monday at the earliest, if so I do go out, I'll be the steaming drunk one ;)

I'm tempted by going out then, even though I've 4 exams after that! But they're not on until the next Monday at the earliest, if so I do go out, I'll be the steaming drunk one ;)

All my friends are going out who have music a few days after! Might aswell! I'll be the other steaming drunk one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

if I were to see you on a night out I'd expect a bald man thanks to your icon :pac:

• Advertisement

peekachoo wrote: »
    if I were to see you on a night out I'd expect a bald man thanks to your icon :pac:

I'm not gonna like that's what I would be on the look out for :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

My two friends have having a joint 18th going out to a nightclub but I'm not 18 for a good few months and all of my friends are already 18 so I don't know what to do really! The place has gotten extremely strict because they got into trouble over underage people being in there so now they only accept passports and they check everyone.. No hope of me getting in with my baby face! I don't really like going out but it's my good friend's birthday so now I don't know what to do! I can imagine me being stuck outside on my own and no one coming out :/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Folks, can we keep this as the off-topic / hideaway thread? :p

I know it's difficult at the moment to avoid discussion of the actual papers, but please do try!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

i cant see myself getting out of bed tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

37 days until Mumford and Ben Howard in Phoenix Park <3 . . one of the only things currently keeping me going!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Wish I was going to a concert this summer .. Went to Snow Patrol and FATM last summer and it was the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

What to do this SUMMMER? Hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Carrieo

My two friends have having a joint 18th going out to a nightclub but I'm not 18 for a good few months and all of my friends are already 18 so I don't know what to do really! The place has gotten extremely strict because they got into trouble over underage people being in there so now they only accept passports and they check everyone.. No hope of me getting in with my baby face! I don't really like going out but it's my good friend's birthday so now I don't know what to do! I can imagine me being stuck outside on my own and no one coming out :/

Can you not get an older friends id? Or a friends sibling etc? The id i use says im 22 and i get away with it all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Carrieo wrote: »
    Can you not get an older friends id? Or a friends sibling etc? The id i use says im 22 and i get away with it all the time

Yeh I was going to go with someone else's ID although I'm not sure if it would work. Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Mammy bought nutella because she feels sorry for me <3:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Serious perk of doing the leaving is having your mom cook you any dinner you want with absolutely no agrument about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Serious perk of doing the leaving is having your mom cook you any dinner you want with absolutely no agrument about it!

Speaking of, I know someone who did their Leaving a few years ago. They ate chinese takeaway every night for two weeks during the exams. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

Glen Hansard and Damien Dempsey booked for the end of July, Looking forward to that,

And just freedom in general

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I think my stomach has turned against me :( I am one step away from curling up into the smallest ball possible in the corner.

I could just be hungry though but I don't think I have the strength to make it to the kitchen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Haha I totally agree with all this mammies supplying you with nice food business!
    After Eng 2 yesterday I asked my mam could she get me a bar of chocolate to keep me going studying for today and she got me such a feast... Milkas, multipacks, cookies, cupcakes.. like everything in the shop hahaha And she also said she was going to town tomorrow and would I like her to pick me up a Mcdonalds for dinner :P

That'll be the saddest part of the LC ending! After that it'll go back to bickering and normality :/

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

Used of buying/making my own food (vegetarian...) but mom came home at lunch time with a really big dairy milk bar, a chocolate milkshake, doughnuts, sauce for my dinner and best of all lemon drink and a melon all for me! All because of the exams. Maybe they're not too bad after all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Borrow someone's over 18 passport. Scan in a passport photo of you, and their one. Manipulate your photo so your head is roughly the same size and shape as theirs. Print off in black and white. Cut around your head, stick over their head with wide sellotape. Cover with a towel and iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Prodigious wrote: »
    Borrow someone's over 18 passport. Scan in a passport photo of you, and their one. Manipulate your photo so your head is roughly the same size and shape as theirs. Print off in black and white. Cut around your head, stick over their head with wide sellotape. Cover with a towel and iron.

Will that come back off? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Yeah, handy enough in fact !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Prodigious wrote: »

You sound like a professional!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement