Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

I can't believe this time next week I'll be done the LC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Pencil FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Only the truly brave and reckless souls do it in pen. I am not one of them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭meleanor

I think I've reached my study limit - haven't been able to study at all today. Freaking out a little :/

• Advertisement

meleanor wrote: »
    I think I've reached my study limit - haven't been able to study at all today. Freaking out a little :/

Nor have I, I've spent the day practicing the guitar for God's sake :rolleyes: But listen, don't be freaking out over it, if you don't know something the weekend before you won't know it at all. And you know more than you think you do, it happens everyone. It'd be best at this stage just to "recharge the batteries" moreso than study, but if you really feel you have to do something, just casually read an Irish story or essay, or do one teeny maths question in the frame of mind you would be doing a crossword puzzle in the paper. Nothing intense now, just breathe a bit, and enjoy the weather while we have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I feel so sick :( I know m gonna be sneezing all week :(

Nor have I, I've spent the day practicing the guitar for God's sake :rolleyes: But listen, don't be freaking out over it, if you don't know something the weekend before you won't know it at all. And you know more than you think you do, it happens everyone. It'd be best at this stage just to "recharge the batteries" moreso than study, but if you really feel you have to do something, just casually read an Irish story or essay, or do one teeny maths question in the frame of mind you would be doing a crossword puzzle in the paper. Nothing intense now, just breathe a bit, and enjoy the weather while we have it :)

You're absolutely right! It's so difficult to relax this year, the feeling of needing to constantly study is unreal.
    I have such shame problems. Like I feel so so guilty for not studying, even when I'm sick!

You're absolutely right! It's so difficult to relax this year, the feeling of needing to constantly study is unreal.
    I have such shame problems. Like I feel so so guilty for not studying, even when I'm sick!

I think I could do with taking a leaf out of your book, I'm terrible for taking too many breaks :pac: To be honest, I don't think it's fully hit me that I'm actually doing my Leaving, but I like this slightly numbed sense, I'd only panic and lessen my performance otherwise, happened in the orals unfortunately :/ But anyway, if I were you I'd go for a stroll and clear your head, you'er stressing needlessly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

To match my 14 pairs of shorts, I feel like I'm covered in 14 layers of suncream.

• Advertisement

I think I could do with taking a leaf out of your book, I'm terrible for taking too many breaks :pac: To be honest, I don't think it's fully hit me that I'm actually doing my Leaving, but I like this slightly numbed sense, I'd only panic and lessen my performance otherwise, happened in the orals unfortunately :/ But anyway, if I were you I'd go for a stroll and clear your head, you'er stressing needlessly :)

I might try and nap. I've never napped in my life :L oh yeah still don't believe the whole LC thing. Might as well be doing my fifth year summer exams haha

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Spent the day on the beach so now I have lovely white clothes marks :pac:

I might try and nap. I've never napped in my life :L oh yeah still don't believe the whole LC thing. Might as well be doing my fifth year summer exams haha

You still don't believe the what? And do try napping, it's so refreshing :3 I get given out to if I nap without good reason though :(

You still don't believe the what? And do try napping, it's so refreshing :3 I get given out to if I nap without good reason though :(

Still don't believe that we're actually sitting the Leaving Cert! Maybe it's because it's in school or something. My house is ridiculously noisy so it's a miracle if I ever sleep during the day :/ or early night :/

Still don't believe that we're actually sitting the Leaving Cert! Maybe it's because it's in school or something. My house is ridiculously noisy so it's a miracle if I ever sleep during the day :/ or early night :/

Heh, I have a 3-year old sister, who, being the youngest of 4, has very powerful lungs. If I'm to nap it would be in my best interests to have them coincide with her naps :p I once ate a chamomile teabag (Halloween 14-year-old dare) and it knocked me right out, I was asleep by 9.30 and I slept like a log, if you're feeling adventurous you could try that (or be somewhat normal and make the really strong) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

Spent today doing a "group study" with friends (pronounced opening the maths books and them doing piss all).
    Very relaxed and chilled now, have tomorrow to knuckle down and polish off my proofs and some Irish. As long as I stay chilled, I'll be grand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Britains Got Talent is eggcellent tonight!! :pac:

Despite the 14 layers of factor 50 suncream, I still managed to get slightly burnt in places and I too have some lovely white tan lines :(

I really shouldn't be allowed out in any kind of bright light. Damn Irish skin.

peekachoo wrote: »
    Britains Got Talent is eggcellent tonight!! :pac:

I still can't get over it! I thought I was seeing things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

I definitely don't feel like I'm in the middle of my Leaving Cert.. it just feels like summer tests or something. I have no motivation to study :(
    anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Jade. wrote: »
    I still can't get over it! I thought I was seeing things!

I was watching thinking "kinda off putting having a girl throwing flower petals on them" and then I saw the egg carton hahahahahahahaha

4,560 trees are needed to provide the paper for the Junior and Leaving Cert. Now that's a lot of trees!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

4,560 trees are needed to provide the paper for the Junior and Leaving Cert. Now that's a lot of trees!

Thats quite a sad thought :( and all the trees used to make the books (Maths,Irish, English etc, revision books, copy books, reill pads) for students throughout the country.

The Irish education system will have alot to answer to when global warming dries up all our water :p

I swear I'm not an eco warrior, just a friend to the Earth :D

All of those trees give you 38 million A4 pages according to The Journal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Where did you get that from? I wonder how much that costs?

Heh, I have a 3-year old sister, who, being the youngest of 4, has very powerful lungs. If I'm to nap it would be in my best interests to have them coincide with her naps :p I once ate a chamomile teabag (Halloween 14-year-old dare) and it knocked me right out, I was asleep by 9.30 and I slept like a log, if you're feeling adventurous you could try that (or be somewhat normal and make the really strong) :pac:

OMG the chamomile thing is brilliant :pac:

peekachoo wrote: »
    I was watching thinking "kinda off putting having a girl throwing flower petals on them" and then I saw the egg carton hahahahahahahaha

I was like to my sister why do they have a woman throwing petals on front of them? Couldn't she stand at the side or behind them! :pac: Then they showed the judges jumping out of their seats and the security running on and I was still clueless as to what just happened :P

decisions wrote: »
    Where did you get that from? I wonder how much that costs?

The Journal.ie. Well the app actually, they have a list of figures/stats and stuff for each week and that was one of them, there's a list for just the exams too. Fascinating really.

OMG the chamomile thing is brilliant :pac:

I felt very sick afterward, I swallowed them dry and I could just feel them sitting in my stomach *shudder*, but it was the closest thing to a sleeping tablet I've ever taken :P

If you're going to try it, take it with water...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

All of those trees give you 38 million A4 pages according to The Journal.

Is that annually?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement