Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

C'mon Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Away to the beach for a picnic and then a barbecue later on for dinner. Well I don't think Leaving Cert is exactly my priority today...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I have a hot date with my last ever maths grind

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Just bought some clothes on Boohoo :D should arrive around the time I finish for a nice little treat, because I'm worth it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Yet again the sun has taken another part of me. I now have a patch of sunburn on the inside of my left ankle to add to my burnt neck/shoulder area. Factor 50 my ass, I may as well have been using water for all the good it did me. Nowhere else on my left leg, just my ankle. It looks like I have some form of heat rash on the bottom of my right shin too :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Yet again the sun has taken another part of me. I now have a patch of sunburn on the inside of my left ankle to add to my burnt neck/shoulder area. Factor 50 my ass, I may as well have been using water for all the good it did me. Nowhere else on my left leg, just my ankle. It looks like I have some form of heat rash on the bottom of my right shin too :L

These parts kinda jumped out and I was just like... whut?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yet again the sun has taken another part of me. I now have a patch of sunburn on the inside of my left ankle to add to my burnt neck/shoulder area. Factor 50 my ass, I may as well have been using water for all the good it did me. Nowhere else on my left leg, just my ankle.
    Is it at all possible that you may have missed a bit when you were applying the sunscreen? :pac:
    Prodigious wrote: »
    These parts kinda jumped out and I was just like... whut?
    Quiet, you, and go turn on PH, your old problem is obviously raising its head again! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Can't believe I'm sick during the leaving cert.

Is it at all possible that you may have missed a bit when you were applying the sunscreen? :pac:

Possible? Yes. Probable? I was sure to put it everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

would you rather..
    Be a genius in a world of unintelligent people
    or
    Be unintelligent in a world of geniuses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I'm just living for Thursday at this stage! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

So nervous for paper 2... so easy make stupid mistakes

Quiet, you, and go turn on PH, your old problem is obviously raising its head again! :p

I see what you did there.

That shit's bad for you, stay away from it.

-

A lot more nervous for paper 2 than I was for paper 1

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    would you rather..
    Be a genius in a world of unintelligent people
    or
    Be unintelligent in a world of geniuses

Well I suppose it'd depend on the levels of intelligence involved but I'd have to say unintelligent surrounded by geniuses. Being a genius among unintelligent would leave a lot to be desired I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Well I suppose it'd agree on the levels of intelligence involved but I'd have to say unintelligent surrounded by geniuses. Being a genius among unintelligent would leave a lot to be desired I'd say.

Being in the infinitely small percentile for intelligence would be effectively a state of vegetation. I would be a genius and let everyone bow down to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

I'm not going to complain about doing the LC again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

N64 wrote: »
    I'm not going to complain about doing the LC again :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o0tcZ4mru8

Christ almighty! That is so mental! RTÉ had something similar about the Chinese Exams

So.... the weather..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Prodigious wrote: »
    So.... the weather..

Thank god.
    I dunno about anyone else but I just dont feel right when its super bright and hot and sunny out all the time.. I find it quite weird.
    Wheras Im much more at ease with myself having the lights on looking out at the bleak sky.

I swear Im not insane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I brought a load of summer clothes over the weekend, I knew this would happen :(

• Advertisement

Looks like I shouldn't have brought up the shorts and sun burn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

the good weather actually gave me the motivation to study as i wanted to be outside the whole time sitting on the trampoline :P

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I brought a load of summer clothes over the weekend, I knew this would happen :(

You've jinxed us! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Yeah pure typical! I've 4 exams left and I was looking forward to diving into the sun on Friday evening but no, the LC has deprived me of summer 2013. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

So did everyone hear there was a "serious error" on question 8 higher level maths paper 2 so full marks for anyone who attempted it wooo!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Seriously how can they make a mistake like that, do they not check these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

Luize wrote: »
    So did everyone hear there was a "serious error" on question 8 higher level maths paper 2 so full marks for anyone who attempted it wooo!!! :D

But slightly harder marks everywhere else.
    It's all about the bell curve, lads! That ****s a normal distribution, nothings getting skewed if they have anything to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Anyone else getting really really f*cking sick of this...I just can't seem to work but I really want to - maddening! I think after I get history out of the way I should be able to see the clear skies ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

I cant take Irish seriously. 5 poems, 5 stories and half a novel for less than 20%? **** off i ndairire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Anyone else getting really really f*cking sick of this...I just can't seem to work but I really want to - maddening! I think after I get history out of the way I should be able to see the clear skies ahead

When I get home after a test especially with 2 in one day all I want to do is sit back in the couch with a big mug of tae and a few tunes on the stereo, these tests really take the good out of me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement