Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    When I get home after a test especially with 2 in one day all I want to do is sit back in the couch with a big mug of tae and a few tunes on the stereo, these tests really take the good out of me!

The full days are a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Same as that, couldn't study for Irish paper two at all this evening, nothing would go in. Doesn't help that 16% goes for utter BS. Luckily, today was my last full day so I should be grand for my other exams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

You're preaching to the congregation here! I keep putting stuff off and I'm like "Don't worry I'll learn that the night before the exam!" (which I did constantly before the pres) but these days I'm just to lazy/wrecked to do much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I leave the exam thread after doing it cause it's soooooooooooo depressing!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

Had my 1st full day today, Nearly dead now, Have another full day tomorrow that I have yet to study for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Whoever timetabled Irish 2 and Bio together deserves a slap with a wet fish.

And French and History together too... ffs I NEED SLEEP!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

You'd really think I'd have better things to do than watch Grey's Anatomy. Just after watching the season finale- they really do love a good cliffhanger. Every season I've seen has ended with some kind of dramatic suspense created, they're getting a bit predictable at this stage.

You'd really think I'd have better things to do than watch Grey's Anatomy. Just after watching the season finale- they really do love a good cliffhanger. Every season I've seen has ended with some kind of dramatic suspense created, they're getting a bit predictable at this stage.

The problem with the cliffhanger is they never seem to resolve all the issues it brings before throwing them into another disaster, this season being a prime example of that. Plus that show is always full of contract wars, making the cliffhanger a very handy way to 'lose' a few extras.

Still love it though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Whoever timetabled Irish 2 and Bio together deserves a slap with a wet fish.

And French and History together too... ffs I NEED SLEEP!

Slap with a dry fish wouldn't do it, no? :D

Prodigious wrote: »
    Slap with a dry fish wouldn't do it, no? :D

No. That'd be stupid.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Well I'm fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I'm so deprived of sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TentacleCubes

I can't wait until today is over.
    I can barely string a sentence together in Irish, and I haven't even covered half of what I need to in biology yet.
    Tomorrow and Thursday will be a nice way to finish up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

My bed just collapsed, everything is going wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

Its a sign to study more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Do you not do Irish?

Sucks for you, I plan to sleep for the rest of the day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Ooh do we have a "I leave tests early despite attending class for two full years and realizing I only have a 3 hour shot at it" badass over here? Or are you non-irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Come on lads, let's smash the place when those biology heads are out! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

I'm sooo glad yesterday was my last full day, I havent even recovered yet - napped a bit in irish! And before irish. and after irish. the joys of OL. Here's to...four more exams. At least I've got thursday off. My bed wont know what hit it (my body at full force for 14 hours of unadulterated sleeping)

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Today I was in doing Biology with four or five others in a quiet exam centre and I was blindly flying through the exam yet well ahead of time nonetheless. Now I'm always a silent but violent kind of guy, if anything, but today I absolutely let one rip (by complete accident of course! :P ) I peered over at the examiner expecting the worse, but he just gave me the general look of disapproval, and deservedly so.

Needless to say, I didn't even dare direct my eyes off the table for the rest of the exam and I just sunk into my seat. The humiliation of doing something like that in a state exam was unbearable :pac:

• Advertisement

kingcobra wrote: »
    Today I was in doing Biology with four or five others in a quiet exam centre and I was blindly flying through the exam yet well ahead of time nonetheless. Now I'm always a silent but violent kind of guy, if anything, but today I absolutely let one rip (by complete accident of course! :P ) I peered over at the examiner expecting the worse, but he just gave me the general look of disapproval, and deservedly so.

Needless to say, I didn't even dare direct my eyes off the table for the rest of the exam and I just sunk into my seat. The humiliation of doing something like that in a state exam was unbearable :pac:

Thinly veiled and sugarcoted in humour "I got an A1 in Biology" comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

What is an 'honour'? C3 upwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Pangea wrote: »
    What is an 'honour'? C3 upwards?

Yes, but only in a HL subject, well in my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Can we get 10k posts before the 21st!?

No problem :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Don't see any reason why we won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Thinly veiled and sugarcoted in humour "I got an A1 in Biology" comment?

Quite the opposite, I did say I was "blindly" flying through the exam :P

I love a good challenge.

Personally, whether or not we do couldn't matter less to me.

• Advertisement

kingcobra wrote: »
    Quite the opposite, I did say I was "blindly" flying through the exam :P

Not-remotely-veiled arrogance*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement