Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Thinly veiled and sugarcoted in humour "I got an A1 in Biology" comment?

I think I have noticed a trend of you thinking just about everything is a "thinly veiled" comment about something else...
    So am I clueless and everyone is speaking in equivocation or? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

peekachoo wrote: »
    I think I have noticed a trend of you thinking just about everything is a "thinly veiled" comment about something else...

Well if you're clueless then so am I. I think it's more the case of someone attempting to provoke a reaction :L

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

My bed just collapsed, everything is going wrong.
    Another one watching Prod on RTE too often?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Not-remotely-veiled arrogance*

I'm truly honoured that you think of me highly. To return this good vibe you're giving me, I do think your thinly veiled posts are quite funny :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I have a French exam tomorrow and here's me, sitting in a nice comfy chair, browsing on boards and thinking, "jesus, I really need to study!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I have a French exam tomorrow and here's me, sitting in a nice comfy chair, browsing on boards and thinking, "jesus, I really need to study!"

Story of my LC so far.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Like I know we all have our past caring stages but its gone to the stage where I cant even reward myself with anything enjoyable. I just want to sit on my bed staring at the wall doing nothing.
    Either Im exhausted, lazy, insane or a bit of all 3.

I can only hope Im up for more.... exciting things once summer actually starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

This might be a terrible idea altogether, but sure feck it, I'll throw it out there. OT'ers beers (and soft drinks?) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Personally, whether or not we do couldn't matter less to me.

Come on where's the team spirit!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Prodigious wrote: »
    This might be a terrible idea altogether, but sure feck it, I'll throw it out there. OT'ers beers (and soft drinks?) :D

Yes. The idea of you and LC Student finally meeting...

Still a better love story than Twilight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

To think we were all sitting here a few weeks ago ****ting ourselves about this Leaving Cert (I was anyway :P), and now the majority of us are at least halfway through with some lucky souls just about finished.

I didn't think I'd make it at times, but I've 8 exams in the bag, 4 more to go and while I haven't been on top of my game for every one I've yet to completely balls up an exam and am still roughly on target for what I want.

Is anyone else just looking forward to that massive weight that I presume will lift as you walk out of the last exam? The anticipation of that is all that's kept me going for the last two years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

My study has come to a screeching halt. I think the past week and all the cramming has finally caught up with me. Thank God I've only French tomorrow and then nothing till Monday evening when I finish.

I completely agree with deise_girl I just want to be able to sit down in peace and think about absolutely nothing. Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Thinly veiled "I am an observant genius and know the meaning of complex words like equivocation because I studied the witches in Macbeth" comment.

Thinly veiled "I am an observant genius and know the meaning of complex words like equivocation because I studied the witches in Macbeth" comment.

I bet you're a pleasure to be around!

I bet you're a pleasure to be around!

thinly veiled "I am in fact a pleasure to be around" comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

thinly veiled "I am in fact a pleasure to be around" comment.

wasnt particularly funny the first 10 times :P

We can go all night baby! This is off-topic where randy's ban hammer must bite its lip and watch, horrified, as the intellectual level of conversation plummets to unreasonable lows.

wasnt particularly funny the first 10 times :P

thinly veiled "I have a healthy social life and understanding of comical standards" comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Hi.

Hi.

Hello and welcome, fellow Scooby Doo.

• Advertisement

Prodigious wrote: »
    Hello and welcome, fellow Scooby Doo.

scuids icon is definitely yogi bear. :pac:

scuids icon is definitely yogi bear. :pac:

Oh jesus, I need to go to bed :P

thinly veiled "I have a healthy social life and understanding of comical standards" comment.

Thinly veiled "I am the perfect person who sees everyone else's flaws and who uses the guise of "thinly veiled" comments to express his innate cynicism"

Good night folks.
    Randy.

Hope ye all do well in french tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I think that I'm so tired that I couldn't even manage a proper nights sleep even if I could :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Exhausted. :( Thank god I'm off until Monday. Lie-in in the morning, then ploughing into Accounting. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Actually what's everyone doing after their last exam? I know I'll be off to celebrate my first legal drink and get myself a lotto ticket...because I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

If I get through tomorrow alive, the two feckin' honours exams that I've not studied for, I have a 5 day break to cram like mad for Physics and Accounting. I'm going to be found dead from exertion/exhaustion by next Monday.

kingcobra wrote: »
    Actually what's everyone doing after their last exam? I know I'll be off to celebrate my first legal drink and get myself a lotto ticket...because I can!

getting a few tins then pulling this Jade beure

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Debs this day 8 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

So beers?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement