Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

No one in mine ever goes to the toilet! There been about 3 people max go to the toilet during the exams since last Wednesday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Jade. wrote: »
    No one in mine ever goes to the toilet! There been about 3 people max go to the toilet during the exams since last Wednesday :pac:

It's constant in my centre. Although there's about 40-50 in my centre so there's bound to be some. I've only gone once in seven exams, my superintendent is the same, she writes it on our papers when we leave. We are allowed pencil cases though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

That's bollocks, hope he gets caught out.

I've used the toilet once during the Leaving and that was with 20 minutes to go in English Paper 2. I was stupidly after going through most of a 750ml bottle and I just couldn't hold it any longer. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

No chance of cheating in our exam centre anyway!
    In a small enough classroom with about 20 people, the supervisors desk is up on a platform and she walks around the room :P when she was handing out the booklets for geography last week she threatened a girl who had nothing on her desk saying she was gonna report her, because she asked the girl beside her for a ruler...before any papers were handed out :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Yeah, now I'm sure something is definitely going on, today more so than any other day, I'd say out of 50 of us there were over 30 trips in the duration of the 2 exams.

Shows how hard I'm thinking in my exams :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

So far I think people in my centre have only gone about once, and that's in 8 exams. The supervisor on the other hand has gone at least once in every exam.

My supervisor has never gone out of the room, but he does have a stash of biscuits in the corner and crosses the room every once in a while to get some... A girl in my year didn't think she had paper 2 for foundation maths so she didn't come in and missed the paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

These cheats are killing my bell curve buzz

peekachoo wrote: »
    No chance of cheating in our exam centre anyway!
    In a small enough classroom with about 20 people, the supervisors desk is up on a platform and she walks around the room :P when she was handing out the booklets for geography last week she threatened a girl who had nothing on her desk saying she was gonna report her, because she asked the girl beside her for a ruler...before any papers were handed out :eek:
    I'm so grateful our examiner isn't like that, I take my calculator and maths set to every exam, you just don't want to be stuck if you need it, I know it's unlikely, but better safe than sorry :o

My supervisor has never gone out of the room, but he does have a stash of biscuits in the corner and crosses the room every once in a while to get some... A girl in my year didn't think she had paper 2 for foundation maths so she didn't come in and missed the paper!

Same happened in my school! Sligo......you?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I have never seen more people use the toilet in a 3 hour time frame in my life.......me thinks something fish is happening
    Nerves do get to people, and if it's hot in the centre or the air is dry, people are probably drinking more water. Plus some people will go just to stretch their legs / take a minutes break, even if the need isn't ultra-urgent. And once a couple go, it kinda sets off a reaction in everyone (even in ordinary groups, not just in an exam hall :D).

All I'm saying really is don't be too quick to label chronic toilet-goers in your own mind; it may be completely innocent. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Being honest it would be fairly easy to cheat in the exam hall I'm in. It's really big, with around 35 students all spread out. We're allowed bring in our pencil cases (but not our school bags). There is only 1 examiner in the room and she doesn't seem to be strict at all. She only ever stays at the top of the hall reading through sheets.. Anyone at the back could easily take paper with answers out of their pocket/pencil case without being caught. Also, I'd say around 15 people go to the bathroom during every exam! I thought it was suppose to be written in your exam booklet the time that you went to the bathroom, or something? Well none of that happens in mine, we don't even have to ask the examiner if we want to go to the bathroom.. you just walk out. Some people go 2/3 times an exam, it's fairly crazy!

I'm so grateful our examiner isn't like that, I take my calculator and maths set to every exam, you just don't want to be stuck if you need it, I know it's unlikely, but better safe than sorry :o

I had a mechanical pencil yesterday for maths and it wouldn't fit into my compass and she wouldn't let me get a pencil so I had to use a silver sparkly pencil :-/

Same happened in my school! Sligo......you?

Cork , well at least she's not the only one....

I had a mechanical pencil yesterday for maths and it wouldn't fit into my compass and she wouldn't let me get a pencil so I had to use a silver sparkly pencil :-/
    Adding a bit of glitz and glam to the LC. I LOVE IT!
    But that was really mean of her. I can understand her not letting you into your bag for a pencil, but she could've made one of the "tea makers" get you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Our supervisor also has a stash of biscuits in her handbag. The amount of times my stomach has rumbled in the middle of an exam....I pray nobody has heard it except me.

I now have that Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran song stuck in my head......

Cork , well at least she's not the only one....

I'm convinced that someone else from my school is on here, there isn't, I'm just convinced there is :rolleyes:

Our supervisor has no problem with us borrowing things off each other! It's a bit stupid that you weren't allowed to get a pencil from somewhere!

I'm convinced that someone else from my school is on here, there isn't, I'm just convinced there is :rolleyes:

I know people in my year who used this to cheat in their pres, but I don't think any of them hang around in the off-topic

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

A guy next to me's paper fell this morning in Irish and slid over to my desk and I had to pick it up and give it to him, I didn't look at the supervisor in fear of being told I was breaking the rules or something :P

Our supervisor has no problem with us borrowing things off each other! It's a bit stupid that you weren't allowed to get a pencil from somewhere!

yeah she's fairly bad I personally would love to see someone cheat and watch the reaction :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Cheating is worryingly common in the Leaving Cert, its totally unfair on all the other students who actually work and try their best! Yeah unfortunately cheating hurts everyone collectively, the bellcurve and all that! I haven't picked out anyone I thought to be cheating this year but really I'm basically totally engrossed in my exam!

yeah she's fairly bad I personally would love to see someone cheat and watch the reaction :P

I'm just picturing Matilda where she gets swung around by her hair by the teacher :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I love my examiner. She always asks what we think and coughs loudly when anyone falls asleep. lool.

yournerd wrote: »
    I love my examiner. She always asks what we think and coughs loudly when anyone falls asleep. lool.

WHAT?! During a LC exam?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

WHAT?! During a LC exam?!

Yeah one guy started snoring today during biology and alot fell asleep during english. welcome to my school.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I dont understand why people leave the exams early? :confused: One person left HIGHER level irish today at 10 :confused: And they're not the kind of person to be stressed or anything so i think it was they just couldnt be bothered :pac:

I left hl Irish on Friday at 2.50 and the exam was until 4.20, and this morning I left at 11 and it was until half 12.

I mean if you're finished your paper and you've read over it/happy with it, you're hardly gonna sit there bored off your face for an hour :P

yournerd wrote: »
    Yeah one guy started snoring today during biology and alot fell asleep during english. welcome to my school.

.......WOW. Maybe they're all geniuses though who dont need the time to finish and recheck their exams......maybe :o

I left hl Irish on Friday at 2.50 and the exam was until 4.20, and this morning I left at 11 and it was until half 12.

I left my irish exam 10 minutes early tody, you know, just being the rebel I am :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I dont understand why people leave the exams early? :confused: One person left HIGHER level irish today at 10 :confused: And they're not the kind of person to be stressed or anything so i think it was they just couldnt be bothered :pac:

Yeah I think the same too. I don't even understand why people would leave the exam before its finish time at all never mind early in the exam! You've 2-3 hours to do an exam that finishes off the 2+ years you were studying the subject so you might as well use every minute of that time to make sure you get a good grade; it could always give you a few more extra points that could be vital in the end, and you won't end up making your potential grade worse by checking over it again and again, it can only be better!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement