Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Prodigious wrote: »
    30 days, if not brought to the supreme court. be grand anyway, there's plenty of ways to get around it. It's the fundamental principle behind it that annoys me.

What I don't understand is how they won this case after UPC winning the last time. UPC vs EMI, etc.

Surely that case set the precedent against which others would have to follow.
    In summary, the Court found that:

there was no power for the Court to order injunctive relief either requiring ISPs to (i) implement measures to prevent illegal filesharing; or (ii) block subscriber access to a particular website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Okay Boardsies I'm conflicted should I go out tomorrow night with some of the people who're finished today/tomorrow? I'm not sure should I because I still have 4 exams next week my first on Monday with Physics followed by Chemistry, DCG and Applied Maths or should I not go out! One of the reasons I'm so tempted is because I won't really have another chance until I'm totally finished, as this is my last big break between exams, on the 21st and by then most people won't want to go out cause I'm the only finishing on the 21st.

So everyone yay or nay to getting off my face tomorrow night?

My friends are all heading out on Friday but I'm staying in to study chemistry, it's all I have left. Don't really care, I'll be going out a lot after that exam so... you know. Don't wanna risk compromising anything.
    scuid id say youll come and hae a bottle of buckast with me will ya?

Yeah, so long as some of the lads come as well. boards.ie represent :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Right whos up fo a boads night out sometime during summer. just the lc boys and jade, we can have few cans at my gaf and then we do the crawl into town hit a club for the night, watch prodigious chatting up the beures, id say they will be clinging to randy too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Few cans of appletree with the boardsies is it? :D

nah ill stock up on bav and bucky, bitta vodka for the beure(s), id invite ye back to my gaf afte the club but i think jade wants to come back mine... prodigious is gonna try pull decisions too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭meleanor

Okay Boardsies I'm conflicted should I go out tomorrow night with some of the people who're finished today/tomorrow? I'm not sure should I because I still have 4 exams next week my first on Monday with Physics followed by Chemistry, DCG and Applied Maths or should I not go out! One of the reasons I'm so tempted is because I won't really have another chance until I'm totally finished, as this is my last big break between exams, on the 21st and by then most people won't want to go out cause I'm the only finishing on the 21st.

So everyone yay or nay to getting off my face tomorrow night?

Hey, Monday is ages away. Go out! Like studying at this point is almost pointless. Just have a skim over at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Right whos up fo a boads night out sometime during summer. just the lc boys and jade, we can have few cans at my gaf and then we do the crawl into town hit a club for the night, watch prodigious chatting up the beures, id say they will be clinging to randy too!
    Why just the boys? Us girls can be great fun too :cool:

nah ill stock up on bav and bucky, bitta vodka for the beure(s), id invite ye back to my gaf afte the club but i think jade wants to come back mine... prodigious is gonna try pull decisions too

thinly veiled "I can pull any beour I want" comment? ;)

decisions wrote: »

me and prodge wanted to bond and that but I suppose if ye wanna come along i wont say no. nothing like a few beures... ill add ye on fb over summer and have a hoolie at some stage!

peekachoo wrote: »

appeciate the irony of what you are doing. However, one must point out that Jade is by no means the cream of the crop and that using an online fourm is already indicative of a fact that I cannot bull any beour I want. I do, however, have a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long period of trolling, skills that make me a nightmare for people like Randy. I will fin you and I will crack a few tins with you and we will pull beures despite not knowing if they are decent such as jade and decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

me and prodge wanted to bond
    Bromance!

Infact, maybe just a little
    Gay-seal_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

a night out would actually be some craic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

22nd down in West Limerick, Gaz from Geordie shore will be there!

a night out would actually be some craic :P

haha it would. i dont do myself justice on here, I am actually a top lad. Though would a top lad really make this comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

haha it would. i dont do myself justice on here, I am actually a top lad. Though would a top lad really make this comment?

yeah behind all the snideness and sarcastic comments u dont seem too bad :P

appeciate the irony of what you are doing. However, one must point out that Jade is by no means the cream of the crop and that using an online fourm is already indicative of a fact that I cannot bull any beour I want. I do, however, have a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long period of trolling, skills that make me a nightmare for people like Randy. I will fin you and I will crack a few tins with you and we will pull beures despite not knowing if they are decent such as jade and decisions.

A1 lad.
    Up for the tins but maybe not the beures, I'd have to be fairly drunk to start pulling females that share my gender. ;)

haha ouch

A1 lad.
    Up for the tins but maybe not the beures, I'd have to be fairly drunk to start pulling females that share my gender. ;)

Oh you're a beure too... sham boards does well ratio-wise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Jackobyte wrote: »
    What I don't understand is how they won this case after UPC winning the last time. UPC vs EMI, etc.

Surely that case set the precedent against which others would have to follow.

Sean Sherlock, the blithering idiot that he is, published the SOPA Ireland bill which essentially was the basis for this new case, and how it won.

You know me too well.
    decisions wrote: »

+1, be a bitta craic. I dont know Dublin so if one of ye Dublin heads wanna organise what club that'd be cool :P

Sure the man's a player, you can tell by his IDGAF attitude.

Oh you're a beure too... sham boards does well ratio-wise

boards.ie - find the beure of your dreams!

• Advertisement

Cracking up here, you have your moments man :D

boards.ie - find the beure of your dreams!

You're a girl!?!

Let me take a peek-at-you

I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ill bring a few lengths of copper pipe to this gathering

Prodigious wrote: »
    You're a girl!?!

Let me take a peek-at-you

I'll get me coat.

Ah here. Everyone think I was a fella all along? Pack it in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Bit've a newbie to the LC OT thread so you guys don't know me too well - but if there's pints to be had I'd happily come along/provide gaff for prinks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

The mention of drink is the only thing that gets ye talking these days.

pack it in sham theres a phrase we say round my parts

Not really, just wanted to use that line :P

pheasant I'd be game for that, I wonder if it would be awkward or not.. I'll probably show up intoxicated to be safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭meleanor

It seems that only lads can make impacts on boards, time for the women to overrule ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement