Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    You will probably think i am crazy but is anyone really depressed about leaving school? i hate to think i won't be back , i'll miss friends,teachers, the building xD just school in general..

As much as I hate to admit it I feel the same! We were very close to nearly all the teachers so its sad thinking about not being in their crazy classes again :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Treating myself to a jiayu g3s after the leaving :) 3 announced carrier billing for the google play store so its a win win!

Though about one of those few months ago(G3 though). Is it not a bit risky? Like if something goes wrong which it always dose for me :mad:

How much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Though about one of those few months ago(G3 though). Is it not a bit risky? Like if something goes wrong which it always dose for me :mad:

How much is it?

I got a tablet from a Chinese vendor a before Christmas and its perfect! Couldn't be more happier with it :) G3 is out of production now so you'll probably have to get the g3s, G3s is around $190-$200 + shipping and customs. Its great value for the specs.

I got a tablet from a Chinese vendor a before Christmas and its perfect! Couldn't be more happier with it :) G3 is out of production now so you'll probably have to get the g3s, G3s is around $190-$200 + shipping and customs. Its great value for the specs.

Customs charge 23% VAT so realistically it's around $250. It's still amazing value for the specs.

I bought an Android Mini PC from China around Christmas. It's hooked up to my tv. It's brilliant, for like 50 quid I turned the ****ty tv into a Jelly Bean OS tv :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I loved my GS3 until I dropped it the day of the debs last year </3

• Advertisement

Prodigious wrote: »
    I loved my GS3 until I dropped it the day of the debs last year </3

You weren't sour for the rest of the night were you? :L

You weren't sour for the rest of the night were you? :L

Didn't realise the screen was cracked till someone pointed it out :P
    Nah, kinda shrugged it off, great night at the end of it all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Sure I do a sit up every morning!

Like..you know..when I wake up

Aw we didn't win the rugby match :( Still qualified for semis I think

Meh breathings enough exercise for me

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Argh why do I suddenly form an addiction to Boards right in the middle of the exams

• Advertisement

Didn't realise the screen was cracked till someone pointed it out :P
    Nah, kinda shrugged it off, great night at the end of it all :D

Well at least it wasn't an iPhone..

That thing breaks like a twig :D

Well at least it wasn't an iPhone..

That thing breaks like a twig :D

Uh oh, posted one without its box today, it'll probably split in two somehow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Been a while, boards <3 Now granted I was only off for like a week (probably not long enough for anyone to even notice :L) but none of you will ever realise how big of an achievement that is for me considering my level of addiction. :p It was just too much of distraction. Although tbf, I probably wouldn’t have made for the best company anyway cos’ I’ve been inside my own little bubble for the past few days.

Anyway, Leaving Cert then? Pretty much done as we speak. One more exam next Wednesday but I’ve like 5 days to study for and it’s only economics anyway so I’m just about in the clear if not completely there yet :p. Provided I don’t balls economics up right and truly I think I’m fairly close to where I need to be. I think. Over all this time I’ve gotten fairly decent and judging how I’ve done in an exam so ,if I’ve judged it right this time, I’m there or there abouts once I get economics up to an anyway decent standard. Job Done.

That. Was. Exhausting.

I got three hours sleep Monday night, 5 Tuesday and all of about two last night.:L I was on the verge of collapsing during the week at one stage. The whole studying and actually sitting the exam thing I can handle but I cannot cope with pressure. Like at all :( The whole idea of the LC being this once off do or die scenario made me want to just lock myself away. I consistently had the sinking feeling that all my hard work and sacrifice and shtuff was just going to count for nothing but I got over it :p But I honestly can’t remember ever feeling so tired. It’s draining like, the whole thing. And the LC is relentless too. I know it was only a handful of days and all but my routine was literally just get up at ridiculous hour to study, sit exam, come home, relax for all of like 20 minutes, stay up to a ridiculous hour to study, shower, bed for however long I could afford, repeat. Like I said, relentless. And if an exam didn't go to plan (thankfully there weren’t too many! [hate you, history]) there was no… refuge. It was just straight on to the next one. There were maybe one or two exams across the week that I was in no proper head space to be sitting. You don’t really have a lot of options though with the LC being so ...final, I suppose you could say. The pressure was sickening like. I forgot how much the exams can take out of you.

I'm talking here as if I'm done but I still have one left. The relief at this stage is sweet though. Very, very sweet

And what’s this I see?! The one week I leave to go and… you know do my actual LC ye all decide to raise the banter levels through the roof in here? :p The thread seems to have been awful busy the past few days. I am not impressed :p I hate missing stuff, hate it! :L

TLDR?

TLDR?

:o

It ran longer than I intended :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Being a farmers son and having hay fever really isn't the best combination :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

We'll make it to 10,000 posts by Sunday at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Procrastination is at its worst during the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I still have one exam left but it's not until Monday afternoon and I already feel like I've been off for about a month, after just one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

If you break that post down into small little separate posts we'll certainly have a lot better chance of reaching 10000 posts here :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I still have one exam left but it's not until Monday afternoon and I already feel like I've been off for about a month, after just one day.

me too... but i'm in wednesday,don't see me getting anything done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Someone mentioned basketball! I received a Molten match ball yesterday. I've been playing and training with it in school for years, eventually I have my own.

P.S: San Antonio for the win, they simply deserve it.

But that diminishes the achievement :(

kingcobra wrote: »
    If you break that post down into small little separate posts we'll certainly have a lot better chance of reaching 10000 posts here :P

:L

Mega posts are the way forward! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

If some one mentions drink again it could reach the 10,000 tonight ! :P

Bulmers <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

wouldnt mind getting the pipes cleaned wednesday evening

Vodka!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Guinness > Bulmers