Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭It neny!

paddyzk wrote: »
    #yolo

IM A CAT........i have nine lives.........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

It neny! wrote: »
    #yolo

IM A CAT........i have nine lives.........;)

Yolnt XD

Well this thread isn't going off topic at all......:rolleyes:

It can be our ot I suppose.. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

It's 12:15,every 3rd year in the country has exams tomorrow.

What did you expect :pac:

• Advertisement

It's 12:15,every 3rd year in the country has exams tomorrow.

What did you expect :pac:

Not all 3rd years do business though......:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 needhelp12345

Scared :D Did fourth year made me sooooo lazy its shocking doubht ill ever recover !! We did like no work in our school :eek: would say fourth years worth it nice break after the jc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 needhelp12345

Indiego wrote: »
    A bit soon don't you think? :P

I'm just done TY, Hung around in the TY OT for a while but then it died, so I've been in the JC one for most of the year, its gonna be nice having an OT where I belong for once XD

OT Whats that ? :confused:

Off Topic :) Basically a place to have zee bants :L

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Stop this madness.

*denial of being in 6th year now*

• Advertisement

*facepalm*

*facepalm*
    They only have 12 posts laaawd, leave'm alone :P

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Stop this madness.

*denial of being in 6th year now*

hehe well at least you're closer to finishing school than we are :rolleyes:

Paddy, how was business?:D lol

Paddy, how was business?:D lol

sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cracknafobia

can ye feck off with this thread or at least wait till the exams are over, ye have a whole summer to talk about this,sure ye have only finished up bit early to be talkin bout this!

can ye feck off with this thread or at least wait till the exams are over, ye have a whole summer to talk about this,sure ye have only finished up bit early to be talkin bout this!

:(

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning .....:p
    You are not obliged to comment or look at this thread so why complain about it?

NO. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

buyer95 wrote: »
    I've only gotten three of mine back...two of my teachers had them corrected on the last day of school and the other one text me my result. I won't see the rest of mine until the middle of July though. :)

You text your teacher?

I believe she text me! :) Me and my teacher - we're like this *crosses fingers* haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Soo....Anyone going to Brú na Pairce tomorrow? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Nope, went in June but I can tell you it's not half as bad as it's made out to be :)

Forgive me, but what is Brú na Pairce? I feel like I should know this! :)

It's a super-intensive two week Irish course in Killarney. :P
    I fear for my life, I may die of boredom/too much Irish. If it'll give me a better chance of an A1 though; bring it on! I wouldn't mind more time to mentally prepare myself though. I'm just back from Iceland and I'm brain dead. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Ehh, be grand. Irish Colleges are usually good craic, although some are far too serious. I think I've a friend who went to bru na pairce and said it was overly strict to extremes

Colm! wrote: »
    Ehh, be grand. Irish Colleges are usually good craic, although some are far too serious. I think I've a friend who went to bru na pairce and said it was overly strict to extremes

Fúck. :pac:

It's a super-intensive two week Irish course in Killarney. :P
    I fear for my life, I may die of boredom/too much Irish. If it'll give me a better chance of an A1 though; bring it on! I wouldn't mind more time to mentally prepare myself though. I'm just back from Iceland and I'm brain dead. :pac:

Just googled it! Sounds really strict - you have to study every night for like 2/3 hours?! I thought Irish college was meant to be fun? I just came back from the gaeltacht and I had so much fun and I can say my irish is very confident and much improved - written and spoken. But I'm sure Brú na Pairce isn't as strict as its made out to be. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sophiiieee

HEy, for help with leaving cert check out my blog http://leaving-cert-helpnotes.blogspot.ie/I've started it this summer with sample essays and answers plus notes on a varitey of different subjects and topics, hopefully it wil be of help to some people, if you find it useful tell your friends or anyone you know doing the leaving, im jsut trying to help others as i got lots of notes and help off the internet while doing my leaving cert, if you want any notes/sample answers on a particular topic, comment on the blog, message me on this or follow the account on twitter set up especially for my lc blog https://twitter.com/SophalinaSmiles, so far i have irish, music, history and english up but i am constantly updating it and hope to have a lot mor eup in the next few weeks and months, good luck to all with the leaving cert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

People going to bru na pairce, did ye ever get a letter confirming yer place or anything because i never heard back from them :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Nope, went in June but I can tell you it's not half as bad as it's made out to be :)

A load of B.S, I'm just back from it, finished my course Friday. The 2 toughest weeks of my life by far. It is uber- intensive, expect pages to learn off, constant assessment, not being done your homework after the 3 hours homework is finished, pressure, stress, sickness.

In saying all that, it was hugely benificial, and I'm glad I did it, even though it took a huge amount out of me and I'm still recovering.

Most of the people on my course were legends which made it tolerable, but be under no illusions, you will be worked to death, andwill be exhausted by Wednesday. I recommend going to bed early tonight

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 taptap22

is it possible to improve on your summer test results in 5th year for the leaving cert? I got 535 would i be able to improve with enough study?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement