Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Any people doing Spanish? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Less than 3 weeks til 6th year.. I am actually bricking it.. It's so stressful and it hasn't even begun :/ I'm in on the Monday for a full day and full week. My school is so nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I'd rather relax and get plenty of sleep 'cause I will need all the energy before I start. I hope all of you enjoyed your break and when 6th year comes by I wish you all well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Yeah the books won't be touched at home (figuratively, I'll probably tidy them and all that beforehand) until I come home from school on my first day. It's not worth ruining these last three weeks of blissful freedom to get in some revision that probably won't make much of a difference...well, I'll tell myself that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

I like the sound of the german thread!

its kind of depressing knowing your going back to school in 3 weeks, really dislike some people in my year and I was pretty much forced to choose between either chemistry or biology when i didnt want to do a science subject at all -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

anirishlad wrote: »
    I like the sound of the german thread!

its kind of depressing knowing your going back to school in 3 weeks, really dislike some people in my year and I was pretty much forced to choose between either chemistry or biology when i didnt want to do a science subject at all -_-

Yeah, we'll get one going in september :)
    I really wanted to do business, but it went against chemistry, so I had to choose history, but I don't care-I like history :D
    I was thinking about doing 3 sciences but just the physics isn't for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sara16

Indiego wrote: »

I am :)

And I'm also skipping ty because I find myself too old for it and have no interest in wasting a year like that what so ever :D 16 already..
    Oh and I'm doing (all hl) business , accounting ,geography and lcvp along with Spanish:) *and no Irish* ;)

sara16 wrote: »
    Indiego wrote: »

I am :)

And I'm also skipping ty because I find myself too old for it and have no interest in wasting a year like that what so ever :D 16 already..
    Oh and I'm doing (all hl) business , accounting ,geography and lcvp along with Spanish:) *and no Irish* ;)

Yayyyyyyy estudiante de espanol otra :D

I did TY..and I only turned 16 a few weeks ago :o

lucky not having to do Irish -_-

Si si :D
    And that's good like cuz you'll be 18 for the summer after the leaving you know :D
    And suppose.. But then again believe me hl English is not fun when English isn't your first language :D
    Back to school in 17 days:eek: sh/t. :D

Si si :D
    And that's good like cuz you'll be 18 for the summer after the leaving you know :D
    And suppose.. But then again believe me hl English is not fun when English isn't your first language :D
    Back to school in 17 days:eek: sh/t. :D

Yuussss :)
    awhh, i suppose so XD
    I'm back in 20 days :cool:

• Advertisement

Lucky!! :D

Where you from?:) btw not trying to stalk you or nothing just thought I seen it somewhere that you're from Kildare :D

Lucky!! :D

Where you from?:) btw not trying to stalk you or nothing just thought I seen it somewhere that you're from Kildare :D

I'm from wicklow, but I live literally right on the border to Kildare XD
    hbu? :)

Ohh that's class and Kildare :)
    I'm actually kinda excited to meet my new class and all... It's like 1st year all over again!

Ohh that's class and Kildare :)
    I'm actually kinda excited to meet my new class and all... It's like 1st year all over again!

Oooo awesome :D Hey neighbour XD

Meh.. I suppose its cool for you cos your moving up a year, but i go to a really small school and everyone already knows eachother, I'm interested to see whos in my class this year though.. got really screwed over last year and got put with people I strongly dislike ><

Hey hey:D
    And hmm.. I suppose.. Well hope you get put with people you like! And mine is the total opposite of yours.. It was built 3 years ago and the amount of people is just annoying.. There was around 150 3rd years and then 90 something are going to do ty and the rest are doing 5th .. And the people who are going to be in my year.. Well let's just say I won't be getting along with them :D dislike some with strong passion :D

Hey hey:D
    And hmm.. I suppose.. Well hope you get put with people you like! And mine is the total opposite of yours.. It was built 3 years ago and the amount of people is just annoying.. There was around 150 3rd years and then 90 something are going to do ty and the rest are doing 5th .. And the people who are going to be in my year.. Well let's just say I won't be getting along with them :D dislike some with strong passion :D

Wow thats a big school :O
    Theres only 40 in my year.. plus about 30 3rd years moving up... making us the biggest year in the school XD

Ooh XD I'd actually kind of like that.. I mean.. Try staying in school (not allowed go town cuz its too far away) at lunch on a rainy day with 200 screaming 1st years.. Guaranteed headache:D

Ooh XD I'd actually kind of like that.. I mean.. Try staying in school (not allowed go town cuz its too far away) at lunch on a rainy day with 200 screaming 1st years.. Guaranteed headache:D

ahahahahahah Awh god... I'd say that's horrible XD we're allowed out at lunch, but theres not much to do, tis only a village XD but its nice to escape for a while...
    I'm a prefect for next year.. and one of my 'duties' is running a load of clubs and stuff at lunch time.. goodbye freedom :(

Ooh lord! Hate that! :eek:

Ooh lord! Hate that! :eek:

Yup :( and i need to stay after school some days to do homework clubs and stuff, and just urghhhghhhhhhhhh -_- get to wear a cool lil badge though B)

• Advertisement

Well at least you get to wear the badge :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Hello everyone :), I'll probably be procrastinating a lot in this thread throughout 6th year so thought I'd say hello.

Is anyone else bricking it? I genuinely can't sit down and study for more that 20 minutes and even at that it's usually the night before a test so I need to learn how to study and quick haha. I got 430 in the Summer tests so a lot of room for improvement.

I'm just gonna enjoy my last 3 weeks of Childhood and then worry I suppose, Sure I can always study tomorrow haha.

Seriously what is lcvp? haha. I've seen it mentioned loads of times, haven't a clue what it is though. It's obviously not in my school.

Leaving cert vocational programme is a subject that you can score 70, 50 or 30 points in.. It is divided into 2 parts.. Your portfolio or project or whatever and a written exam in may or so.. During the 2 years (this was said on my sheet from school) you should be doing some career investigation and work experience , letter and cv writting and things like that..
    In the written exam you have like case studies , a video to watch+ questions and I think some questions on your project..

That's my understanding of it anyway so correct me if I'm wrong :D

There's some info about it there .. http://lcvp.slss.ie/aboutlcvp.html

Oh and you have to have a certain mix of subjects to qualify for it

Oh cool. Don't think I'd do that even if it was offered though.

This thread reminded me that I'm actually doing that next year :L ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 apocalypseDG

anirishlad wrote: »
    This thread reminded me that I'm actually doing that next year :L ****!

oh wow, career investigation? work experience? videos?
    Stress of that:D
    Sounds like 2 years of bonus TY:rolleyes:

oh wow, career investigation? work experience? videos?
    Stress of that:D
    Sounds like 2 years of bonus TY:rolleyes:

I did alot of the stuff in TY though and it carries over :D

I'm choosing not to do lcvp, get a study class instead :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I only choose it as security for points because you never know but you could do really bad in one of the subjects :rolleyes: plus I think it's lcvp or pe in mine so you know:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement