Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

So, it'll be us this time next year receiving our results! I, personally cannot wait just to get it over with and finally head to college (depending on results of course...) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Aye. Let's get out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

I'm looking forward to 6th year tbh, getting out of school and into college is enough motivation for me to study :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

curly135 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to 6th year tbh, getting out of school and into college is enough motivation for me to study :P

Yeah, seeing a lot of my mates get their results has really made me look forward to just getting it done with and going College. Why did I do TY?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

I'm looking forward to the first day, seeing friends etc. Also praying that I don't get a crap timetable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Fert94

Just can't wait to leave secondary school, having to repeat would kill me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Now that the results are out we've the place all to ourselves, let's wreck the gaff!

project-x-partyscene.jpg

7 more days of freedom.... Where did my summer go?!

Now that the results are out we've the place all to ourselves, let's wreck the gaff!
    Nah, they'll hold on here 'till the CAO at lesat before they know what college forums to move on to.

So how are ye spending the end of days? I'm bored out of my mind here, spending most of my days doing absolutely nothing and kinda looking forward to going back to school where at least I'll be able to talk to people...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I want my summer back...(To the tune of I want my mullet back)
    Tbf its been as good a summer as I could ask for but I guess theres always the feeling of "I coulda..."
    Not looking forward to reshuffling my life for the next 10 months tho..Also not looking forward to act choosing what im gonna do with myself..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

Damn. I did nothing this summer except work, and now in my final week I'm working every day so I can't do the big folder organisation that I had planned. Don't ya just love stationery. I bought a big wad of sticky notes and highlighters in Tesco yesterday. I'm never gonna use them, but at least they look nice. :D

It's kinda sad that this is like a last year for everything. No more getting your uniform and your books and everything. I'm gonna miss secondary school :(

Well there's always college for the hassle of getting books and all that.

I worked half the summer and spent the other half doing pretty cool things so I'm happy with that but this slow end is kinda getting on my nerves now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

My summer was nothing special tbf but somehow I really liked it and don't want it to end...like I'm really excited about the prospect of finally being finished school and going to college and I know what I want to do and everything but it's all so daunting. Sigh, I'd love to go to sleep and wake up at the end of June and have it done with.

Also I feel like I've forgotten everything.

Colm! wrote: »
    Nah, they'll hold on here 'till the CAO at lesat before they know what college forums to move on to.

So how are ye spending the end of days? I'm bored out of my mind here, spending most of my days doing absolutely nothing and kinda looking forward to going back to school where at least I'll be able to talk to people...

I'm going to Portugal for my last week of freedom :) and I've all my Summer homework (yeah we got it in Maths and French but I was sort of glad cause now I'm fairly prepared for going back!) finished so it'll just be a week of relaxation :D

Please tell me I'm not the only one who got summer work from teachers?!

I got 21 pages of exam questions sent to my house from my biology teacher, and I had to rewrite all 102 pages of notes from bio as well! Followed by reading La Aventura de Saíd for Spanish! I felt as if I never left school to be honest.

MWick94 wrote: »
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who got summer work from teachers?!

I got 21 pages of exam questions sent to my house from my biology teacher, and I had to rewrite all 102 pages of notes from bio as well! Followed by reading La Aventura de Saíd for Spanish! I felt as if I never left school to be honest.

I had Summer work, mostly a lot of French listening, some French Comprehensions and a mountain of maths covering all of the topic we did over the year but we had strict instructions not to start it until the last few weeks of August, so I've been doing it fairly consistently since and TBH I would've felt like I should've been doing something anyway if I hadn't summer work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

No summer work for me :D Well school work anyway, have a summer job thankfully, working in a shop for the last 16 months. 6 days a week so I doubt I would've even had time for school work. :P

Debs this week and back next Tuesday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Spending the last week just reading up on stuff I've forgotten, which is basically everything. Probably won't start studying until a few weeks, just to get back into a routine.

Last year, yaaaaaay.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

9 days left . . can't believe summers nearly over :O

I had no summer homework at all, which makes me feel kind of guilty about not doing anything! I really only practiced French and Irish...that's really it. I'll try and get back into a routine this week. :) Can't believe that this day next week I'll be in school. My last first day of school ever :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

I'm going into fifth year.... happy days :D

I'm going into fifth year.... happy days :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056726438&pp=15&page=1

I think this is the thread you're looking for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

MWick94 wrote: »

oh thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Only came to the realisation tonight that I'm gonna really have to put my head down and put some work in this year, been consistently hitting B's and C's in all my subjects apart from Maths and Physics, barely passing both in honours. I need around 450 and up. So screwed.

I ran to the newsagents on Monday just to get the CAO points I'm so p**sed to find out that the course I want to do (radiography in UCD) rose the full 25 points to 560 D: that's some ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Back tomorrow.

I think its time for a name change on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

decisions wrote: »
    Back tomorrow.

No, oh God, no! :pac:

decisions wrote: »
    Back tomorrow.

I agree! Better make it a reality sooner rather than later...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Not back till Wednesday :D only delaying the inevitable tbh though :/

• Advertisement

Back on Monday. Trying to enjoy my last weekend of no homework!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement