Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Pfffft that means nothing, we were all to busy studying in fifth year. This year is really the year for doing nothing! :pac:

Point taken! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I expected an intelligent man such as yourself not to believe in such nonsense.

Call me stupid then and do not squander my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Leaving Cert 2013? #HateToBeYe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Leaving Cert 2013? #HateToBeYe

Oh bugger off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Chemhickey is a ride.
    Needs more innuendo and penis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Lawl, I propose all us 2012ers delete our posts just as they near 10,000 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

So... We'll have lost like about one page. big threat there Patchy!

Every page counts when you've got such big shoes to fill! ;)
    Also, arent half of you guys' posts from when randy merged this with the 5th year thread? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I think that was like a page or so as well, that thread had just started and poor Randy got confused iirc :L
    We'll fill your shoes eventually. Hasn't been much banter for us as fifth years, but we'll get there :L

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

All the new (factually incorrect) tags should be deleted except for "prepare for jam making" that one made me laugh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I've still got until Thusday until the L.C. swallows my soul. I was kinda lookin forward to the challenge but now I'd rather just hide under a duvet and sleep. :(

And in school uniform related news - my new trousers don't fit even though they are, in theory, the same size as last years. So either I've got fat in the past 3 months or Penney's sizes have dramatically reduced since this time last year because my old ones still fit like a glove..... Looks like the skirt it is until I can get them changed for a bigger pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Gotta love the tags :L

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

Found out that seven teachers have left my school, that has to be some kind of record?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

MWick94 wrote: »
    Found out that seven teachers have left my school, that has to be some kind of record?

Were any of them good? :confused: if not, then that's a good thing. There are a few teachers in my school who I wish would leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Thats a pretty crazy number alright, was there any financial issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I thought this was the LC 11/13 OT thread :( then I realised it said 12/13.. Makes me feel sad.. Roll on Monday!

I know of at least one teacher in my school who had to leave because of budget cuts.
    My principal and vice principal both retired this year so I'm slightly scared that the two new ones will be really strict or mean or something. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depending on the size of the school, it could be even more.
    Changes in PTR for things like TY, children with learning difficulties etc., along with the abolition of what were called 'legacy' posts mean most schools have to do with less staff. This means less teachers and will also mean bigger classes or dropped subjects when you return. It might also mean shorter classes as schools try to fit in the same range of subjects they once offered.

Many of your teachers were probably not on 'full' jobs, especially if they are under 30 years of age, as it on average now takes ten years part-time or low contract hours work before teachers get a full 'Contract of Indefinite Duration' (if they ever do).

We lost a number of teachers ourselves, some through retirements who are not being replaced, some just got fed up with the low numbers of hours and took part-time jobs elsewhere. Many are leaving teaching altogether because of the jobs situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I know of at least one teacher in my school who had to leave because of budget cuts.
    My principal and vice principal both retired this year so I'm slightly scared that the two new ones will be really strict or mean or something. :(
    I really really hope one or two in particular leave. Awful teachers and really just not nice but luckily I only have them for religion. Would love a new maths and French teacher.. Don't think that'll happen though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

penis

I'm surprised you ickle baby 6th years even know what such things are!

Although I'd wager half of you are older than patchy :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I'm surprised you ickle baby 6th years even know what such things are!

And have a larger penis.

Wait. Ignore the slashes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

Were any of them good? :confused: if not, then that's a good thing. There are a few teachers in my school who I wish would leave.

Yeah, unfortunately one or two of them were some of the best we had..
    LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Thats a pretty crazy number alright, was there any financial issues?

Not that I'm aware of, most of them are young so they don't have long term contracts. Still, losing 7 out of 40 teachers is not going to be easy.

They are and all...technically I'm one of them, but shhh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Spent a good 10 minutes looking for the 5th year thread until I realised the name had been changed :( sad times!

There cutting 3 hours off our timetable this year due to the budget cuts! We're finishing 40 minutes earlier on wednesday, thursday and fridays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

That's terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

decisions wrote: »
    That's terrible!

:confused:

I'd be delighted with that :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Spent a good 10 minutes looking for the 5th year thread until I realised the name had been changed :( sad times!

There cutting 3 hours off our timetable this year due to the budget cuts! We're finishing 40 minutes earlier on wednesday, thursday and fridays!

Three hours a week over one year gives others not far off a month's start on you. That's quite a drop.

I don't think I'd mind too much if they reduced our hours a bit as long as it only affected my non-exam religion classes, we had it four times a week last year and while it's fun watching movies and disussing weird cults etc. I don't think I'd really miss it. But if it was cutting into exam subjects I'd be pretty annoyed about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Glee_GG wrote: »

Yeah that wouldn't bother me if we lost out on religion and SPHE, but that's really unfair if you're going to be missing maths, etc. as a result..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

The name change keeps confusing me and I ignore it because I'm still looking for the 5th year thread.

My brain is not willing to acknowledge/process the fact that we're leaving certs now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement