Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Ya I don't think it'll have a major effect overall though hopefully. I mean during 5th year we had double PE which we don't have this year and about 3 religion classes a week so hopefully they'll just cut one of them! Its really just an inconvenience time-wise for getting buses home and everything because we're the only school in the area that has had to do it as far as i know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

:confused:

I'd be delighted with that :pac:

If it wasn't 6th year I'd be chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

decisions wrote: »
    If it wasn't 6th year I'd be chuffed.

Ah lads yere all far to mature in here for me!

If hours were cut off my timetable, my initial reaction would be "Yes! Less school!", not "aw damn less maths" :pac:

Ah lads yere all far to mature in here for me!

If hours were cut off my timetable, my initial reaction would be "Yes! Less school!", not "aw damn less maths" :pac:

4 months ago I would have been jumping up and down, but shít happens and perspectives change.

I think my school actually have more teachers this year, and from what I've heard there has been no change in subjects offered to the 1st and 5th years. That being said there are 170 odd 1st years about, compared to the 110 or so in my year.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

4 months ago I would have been jumping up and down, but shít happens and perspectives change.

I think my school actually have more teachers this year, and from what I've heard there has been no change in subjects offered to the 1st and 5th years. That being said there are 170 odd 1st years about, compared to the 110 or so in my year.

110?! There's only 60 in my year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

MWick94 wrote: »
    110?! There's only 60 in my year!

I honestly haven't got a clue how many will be in my year this year, it was about 100 last year but there were loads of people saying they'd repeat 5th year. Doesn't make much sense to me, if you're going to repeat a year why not repeat 6th year! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

First day back tomorrow... but its only to meet with first years since I'm a prefect. In my school, 6th years wear a black jumper as opposed to everybody else wearing the green so it'll feel weird to be wearing the black, I think! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Wow.. Feels kind of weird to be posting in this :P 6th year come at me bro!!...Again :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

School tomorrow! Where in the name of God did the Summer go lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

TheStook wrote: »
    School tomorrow! Where in the name of God did the Summer go lads
    Out the window.. ;)

• Advertisement

Summer is long over. :P

Summer is long over. :P

No, I shall desperately cling to my last three days of summer (and freedom). :pac:
    Is anyway else terrified that all their study plans will completely disappear as soon as they start back? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

How common is it to get homework during the holidays. It sounds alien to me...

No, I shall desperately cling to my last three days of summer (and freedom). :pac:
    Is anyway else terrified that all their study plans will completely disappear as soon as they start back? :(

Back since Friday and I don't have any kind of study plan.

I have a Physics test tomorrow :(

Back since Friday and I don't have any kind of study plan.

I have a Physics test tomorrow :(

A test! Already?:eek: 6th year's going to be as bad as everyone makes it out to be, isn't it? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

6th year's going to be as bad as everyone makes it out to be, isn't it? :(

Yes :pac:

Don't worry it's fine just soul destroying :P but otherwise fine :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

A test! Already?:eek: 6th year's going to be as bad as everyone makes it out to be, isn't it? :(

6th year is fine, I found it so easy I'm doing it again. :pac:

Yeh, aparrently we were given revision work to do over the summer and a test in our second class back, but our sub last year said nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Beckles

School tomorrow = no sleep tonight.

David1994 wrote: »
    Wow.. Feels kind of weird to be posting in this :P 6th year come at me bro!!...Again :/

When do you start back? Next Monday for repeats in my school.

• Advertisement

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    When do you start back? Next Monday for repeats in my school.

I am not fully sure but I think it is like a week or two after the other years go back :P

David1994 wrote: »
    I am not fully sure but I think it is like a week or two after the other years go back :P

That's not too bad. I'm actually kind of looking forward to going back, in my school the repeats have a lot more freedom than everyone else. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

That's not too bad. I'm actually kind of looking forward to going back, in my school the repeats have a lot more freedom than everyone else. :D

They always do. This is going to sound so bad, but there was days we choose when to sign in and out for the day and just hang out in our '6th year study room' while playing poker and pranking one another. Teachers were too chill with us. :s Just don't get too relaxed is all I'm saying haha. :p

Same here, I really just want to get into a routine again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Prince Swag

school in 2 days, pretty pretty nervous i must say

I know its a tough year and everything but I'd say it'll still be a bit of banter hopefully! Loads of people are turning 18 and everything so it should be good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

Just back from the first day of 6th year. Chaotic doesn't even begin to describe it, and I still can't figure my timetable out :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

So yeah, just back from induction. I have double applied maths, maths and double physics. IN A FÚCKING ROW.

So yeah, just back from induction. I have double applied maths, maths and double physics. IN A FÚCKING ROW.

Oh thats my nightmare timetable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Oh thats my nightmare timetable!

Me too! Every single monday :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement