Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

Back tomorrow. I have a knots in my stomach, such a feeling of impending doom. I usually don't get nervous about anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

I have a terrible timetable, e.g. business, then lunch, then more business! That happens at least once a day! And I have two irish classes on Friday, and two maths on Tuesday. I wouldn't mind if they were doubles, but they're not. I already hate 6th year.

(Oh, and I got homework.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm loving 6th year so far :D and my physics test went surprisingly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

Well done on the test! :)
    All this talk of timetables makes me really want to see mine now - except I don't want to have to go to school to get it.
    I'd be surprised if I don't get homework on the first day, i did last year and that was only 5 th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

For an off-topic thread, this thread is pretty.. on-topic :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

I'd be surprised if I don't get homework on the first day, i did last year and that was only 5 th year.

Knowing my teachers I'll be getting homework first day, straight back into it :pac:

I'm not worried bout my timetable anyway, I get about 4 free class periods a week cause I do music as an extra class... it's fairly handy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

decisions wrote: »
    I'm loving 6th year so far :D and my physics test went surprisingly well.
    Give it 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Went back in today to help out with the first years, told my maths teacher that I passed our christmas test (it was a common test between the 2 honours classes and the other teacher graded them). She looked genuinely surprised. Wow.

My dad brought me home one of those academic planner calendar things from work. Now i can constantly be reminded of how soon
    the learning cert is. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Awww lads, dunno about this timetable.
    I s'pose I was never gonna really like it though and eventually Ill hate some days more than others anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

First proper day tomorrow. Was in with first years today which was just exhausting. Came home so tired and I just felt awful. Hopefully this is not what it is going to be like the whole year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Starting tomorrow. My sleeping pattern is gone right now, will probably fall asleep around 2 to wake at 8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Not back until Thursday thank the lawd...I think I just need to get through this week and then I'll be OK with it. Or at least will have accepted it...

<10 months and it'll be over. We can do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone recommend good earphones for me? Mine are broken (long story involving my dog :mad:) :pac:

In-ear preferably, Beats aint my style tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Anyone recommend good earphones for me? Mine are broken (long story involving my dog :mad:) :pac:

I actually think the Apple earphones that come with an iPod are the best, so maybe see if there's any of those knocking about? :p

If you change your mind about headphones, Sennheiser's are great and really cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-EP-630-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0009G6FQI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1346152169&sr=1-1

Have a look at these, not sure if you'd find them round the shops, but I've been fairly happy with them so far... they're pretty good at blocking out the noise around ya, so you can enjoy your music without hearing anything else :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

sennheiser cx-500's, best pair of headphones I've ever owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

My room is some mess...Sheets of paper everywhere! :D Wish they had some induction day for repeats in my school. Have to wait for another week i think until I start again :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I was in talking to the principal just there. One of the teachers that I want to view one of my papers with says she has plans with friends for that night. :mad: I'm back on Monday, I haven't heard how everyone did in my year but I just hope it's only sound people who are repeating. :pac:

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    I was in talking to the principal just there. One of the teachers that I want to view one of my papers with says she has plans with friends for that night. :mad: I'm back on Monday, I haven't heard how everyone did in my year but I just hope it's only sound people who are repeating. :pac:

Seriously? Surely she knew people would be viewing scripts that night? :P
    In the same boat as you hoping sound people will be repeating..I know my friend is so thats ok :D
    I was talking to the principal about a week ago and the number she gave who could be potentially repeating was 14 :eek: I think that's a lot! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

David1994 wrote: »
    Seriously? Surely she knew people would be viewing scripts that night? :P
    In the same boat as you hoping sound people will be repeating..I know my friend is so thats ok :D
    I was talking to the principal about a week ago and the number she gave who could be potentially repeating was 14 :eek: I think that's a lot! :P

I know, it's pretty bad. I might have to get another teacher to view it. :P
    I only know two other people who are definitely repeating and they're fairly sound, but there's one or two wasters that I really hope don't bother. :pac:
    14! :eek: Usually there's only about 4 or 5 in mine but the schools fairly small. (70 in a year)

Sorry for the late reply, I am only awake now :L (last day of summer wooop)

Thanks for the replies, yes I'm pretty set on in-ears so I like the look of them Sennheisers.

Sorry for the late reply, I am only awake now :L (last day of summer wooop)

Thanks for the replies, yes I'm pretty set on in-ears so I like the look of them Sennheisers.

they will serve you well, also a 2 year warranty, so that's always a plus.

daz801 wrote: »
    they will serve you well, also a 2 year warranty, so that's always a plus.

Yep and they don't break the bank either, funds aren't exactly high after the summer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Good luck to all the new 6th years!

It'll fly, don't worry.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Good luck to all the new 6th years!

It'll fly, don't worry.

Don't want it to fly, I want it to be as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Fergus_ wrote: »

It'll fly, don't worry.

The fact it'll fly IS what worries me :L

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    I know, it's pretty bad. I might have to get another teacher to view it. :P
    I only know two other people who are definitely repeating and they're fairly sound, but there's one or two wasters that I really hope don't bother. :pac:
    14! :eek: Usually there's only about 4 or 5 in mine but the schools fairly small. (70 in a year)

See the thing is..This year there were a load of repeats(Good few dropped out though) and they were all catered for :P Probably about 80-90 people in 6th year!

Glee_GG wrote: »
    The fact it'll fly IS what worries me :L

I'm the exact same. I know in a few months I'll just freak out one day and be like 'Where did most of 6th year just disappear to??' :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Sennheiser, Creative or Sony brand are my go-to brands for in-ears, great budget ones.

Best pair I owned were €50 Creative pair that I got free on a website deal: http://en.store.creative.com/headphones-headsets/ep-830/437-17398.aspx (now €35, which I'd almost say is worth it).

Thinking of buying something like these when I get my new MP3 player: http://en.store.creative.com/headphones-headsets/aurvana-in-ear/437-14702.aspx

BTW I arrived back to school today. Meh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement