Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

First day back today, the year had a very motivating speech from the vice this morning. :rolleyes:

Not too much homework thankfully. My timetable isn't actually bad, no double Irish. :D

Kind've happy to be back though, seeing everyone again. Hopefully the year flies and this time next year I'll be packing for Limerick. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

Went back today. Worst timetable ever, so many double classes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

First day back with an induction and my timetable isn't that bad compared to 5th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I'm repeating, and everyone else went back to school today, but I only got back from a festival in England this afternoon. I'll probably go back on Thursday. I'm so unorganised :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

My timetable is... alright. Apart from the loss of the best maths teacher ever, <snip> there aren't any massive changes.

Except... for the one other massive change.
    Each day is now 5 minutes shorter. instead of running from 9:10 - 15:45 it now runs from 9:12:59 - 15:43.
    No, seriously. 9:12:59. It was 9:13 but then somebody said something about how it's unlucky to have a 13 in the time. The guy was joking but the idea was taken seriously and now my timetable has 9:12:59 on it.
    And every day at 9:1312:59 I have a seven minute tutorial class.

So many weird numbers and ideas. What the hell is my school at?
    Also got a weird homework journal which is full of information on drug abuse, the environment, inspirational quotes and a weirdly designed study planner. It's massive and not easy to carry around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I swear, there is no timetable possible to be worse than mine.. 3 double classes on one day, doubles every day, some doubles split up, double religion (wth?) and just awful awful combinations. Also have two teachers for biology.. Apparently no one has a nice timetable. I'm so tired already it's unreal. It feels like I've been back for way longer than 2 days :/

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I'm back tomorrow, hopefully I won't have issues with my timetable like the rest of ye.

A double Irish on Monday morning would be the worst for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I swear, there is no timetable possible to be worse than mine.. 3 double classes on one day, doubles every day, some doubles split up, double religion (wth?) and just awful awful combinations. Also have two teachers for biology.. Apparently no one has a nice timetable. I'm so tired already it's unreal. It feels like I've been back for way longer than 2 days :/

I actually wouldn't mind that tbh, the way I'd look at it is that the most I can have is 4 subjects for homework.

Anyways, I'm back tomorrow and I can't find my tie anywhere. Blaaaaaaah can't wait to be finished secondary school.

I actually wouldn't mind that tbh, the way I'd look at it is that the most I can have is 4 subjects for homework.

Anyways, I'm back tomorrow and I can't find my tie anywhere. Blaaaaaaah can't wait to be finished secondary school.
    Yeh that's the only good thing as I'm usually busy on those evenings so it will be a relief.

Thank you for reminding me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Prince Swag

back 2moro hopefully it will go all smoothly lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Flabangav wrote: »
    I'm repeating, and everyone else went back to school today, but I only got back from a festival in England this afternoon. I'll probably go back on Thursday. I'm so unorganised :P

Oh you're lucky you are going back that early.I still have to wait until like 2nd week of September :P

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

David1994 wrote: »
    Oh you're lucky you are going back that early.I still have to wait until like 2nd week of September :P

Wow, why is it so late? I've been so busy though, I haven't even decided what I want to do about subjects :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Hard to believe a new group of poor fcukers just started leaving cert. I am no longer a 6th year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Ex-TY here, back on Thursday. Don't mind what timetable I get as it's going to be the same workload. Seeing all my friends get their college offers last week was the first major dose of reality that I'm here for another year. But I got great motivation in seeing some get their course and others not doing well, kinda makes me wanna strive for success. Anyway good luck to all and I'm sure it'll be grand :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I'm the same! I have so many doubles. Double Maths ( :) ) , double French (kill me now), double religion (don't see the point tbh)...and then I have two single English classes and two single Irish classes on a couple of days too. I suppose it makes the homework overload a bit better but I'm not looking forward to those classes! :-)

So back for my first proper day today...and my physics teacher has already informed us of an exam we are having in two weeks on everything we have done up to that point. Didn't give us much time to settle in...no time for that in 6th year :rolleyes: Also, we were told today its 17 weeks til our mocks, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

Is it not Christmas day in 17 weeks time?
    They said 6 th year was bad but that's just plain mean :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I'm starting tomorrow. I can't wait . I'm doing applied maths, German, physics biology and chemistry plus the core subjects all at hl. Am I the only one looking forward to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Am I the only one looking forward to it?

Yeah. :pac:

I'm the same! I have so many doubles. Double Maths ( :) ) , double French (kill me now), double religion (don't see the point tbh)...and then I have two single English classes and two single Irish classes on a couple of days too. I suppose it makes the homework overload a bit better but I'm not looking forward to those classes! :-)

So back for my first proper day today...and my physics teacher has already informed us of an exam we are having in two weeks on everything we have done up to that point. Didn't give us much time to settle in...no time for that in 6th year :rolleyes: Also, we were told today its 17 weeks til our mocks, can't wait!
    I have double everything, there's just no escaping!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

The only exam subject I dont have a double of is French, they coulda thrown it in instead of SPHE just so it didnt feel left out tbf..
    Ahh god lads, starting properly tomorrow, dont want to now though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I'm starting tomorrow. I can't wait . I'm doing applied maths, German, physics biology and chemistry plus the core subjects all at hl. Am I the only one looking forward to it?

It's okay everyone. He's just a fifth year. (:pac:) I knew no-one could possibly look forward to such a horrendous year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

It's my last day of summer, just remembered past me had plans to read Wuthering Heights during my last week off. Lol, past me was so silly. Spending my day in bed, listening to tunes and generally being in denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Is it not Christmas day in 17 weeks time?
    They said 6 th year was bad but that's just plain mean :)

Oh yeah, hmmm...I think they must have meant school weeks. :) And yeah it is just plain mean.

We started career guidance today which in my case is a whole load of crap. Didn't do anything other than be "realistic" with your goals, as in if you got 200 points in the summer exams don't expect to get 600 in the LC. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Really the only thing I'm looking forward to about tomorrow is the 20 minutes of music on the iPod I'm going to get on the walk there.
    In denial all the way.......now lemme at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

First day back, didn't have any classes until after lunch which was a good thing and then had a double physics where we did nothing and then had maths, again didn't do much but in future those last three classes on a Wednesday are gonna kill. Other than that my timetable's not too bad. Don't know why everyone is complaining about doubles. We have doubles in every subject and we did last year as well, and had them in most subjects for j.c. Although double maths twice a week is a bit of joke, that's seven classes of maths a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

daz801 wrote: »
    First day back, didn't have any classes until after lunch which was a good thing and then had a double physics where we did nothing and then had maths, again didn't do much but in future those last three classes on a Wednesday are gonna kill. Other than that my timetable's not too bad. Don't know why everyone is complaining about doubles. We have doubles in every subject and we did last year as well, and had them in most subjects for j.c. Although double maths twice a week is a bit of joke, that's seven classes of maths a week.

:eek:

We don't have doubles in Irish, English or French thank God, only have them 5 times a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

:eek:

We don't have doubles in Irish, English or French thank God, only have them 5 times a week.

My maths teacher also said that seeing as we have maths last thing on a Wednesday and we get of a class early that day anyway that coming nearer the exams that we may have and extra class then as well. :(

I was back today and it was grand to be honest! No issues with any of my classes or timetable.

I got quite a bit of homework though, we got right down to work!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Im honestly fed up of school already..
    Zero motivation and dont care either..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement