Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

ChemHickey wrote: »
    OMFG... I love Sexion d'Assaut! Ma direction is an awesome song...

Also look up Tal - Le sens de la vie.

It's a great, and catchy song :L

haha same, everybody thinks im weird for liking french music, my ipod is filled with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

007driver wrote: »
    haha same, everybody thinks im weird for liking french music, my ipod is filled with it

Hahahah, the last few months of sixth year, everyone was just asking my opinion on music and my answer was always- French pop. To the point where we were out one night and I said," you know what I'd like to hear" and my friends (like 4 of them) turned and all said "French pop songs".... <3 :rolleyes:

one of my favourites!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Wow, cheers people, I've never listened to a French song before in my life until yee mentioned it here and I thought why not so I listened to Comme des infantes by Coeur de Pirate and I'm obsessed! And I'm a guy!

Thank you, any more recommendations? Preferably rock?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Its mine and Slow Show's dream for someone to make english subtitles for this film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I love Elle Me Dit! But I've only listened to it a couple of times, I'll have to put it on my iPod! I haven't checked out Coeur yet but I will! Thanks for that!

And Wati House and Ma Direction are new, didn't come out until May and July, I think. :)
    It's so good :D If you learn all the words you'll know some nice things for the written pieces, I think I actually used a few in the real exam. Personal favourites included "sortir un peu de ta bulle" and verbs like se plainir; you never realize how much you're learning from these songs. :pac:
    I'll go give them a listen now! Thanks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

deise_girl wrote: »
    Its mine and Slow Show's dream for someone to make english subtitles for this film.

Why is he crying in the blonde girl's arms? WHY? I NEED TO KNOW.

If we're talking about Frenching it up choon-wise...:pac:

Slow Show wrote: »

If we're talking about Frenching it up choon-wise...:pac:

Delightfully nonsensical. :D

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Delightfully nonsensical. :D

Love Flight of the Conchords!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZwhzf8NC4o This is great too, for any German/Frenchies. I only understand little bits of the German but it's a tuneeeee. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Back to school tomorrow. :( Thought I was ready to go back but now I'm just dreading it. :(

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Back to school tomorrow. :( Thought I was ready to go back but now I'm just dreading it. :(

I'm the same :P Kinda nervous too :/ Don't know why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

David1994 wrote: »

I thinks it's just the thought of going in and having to tell the new 6th years how I did and all that, and then having to settle in again. I'm sure it'll be grand though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

David1994 wrote: »

Me too, I'm so nervous! :(

Ah we'll be grand like! :D Walking into classes will be fairly daunting due to half them not knowing me :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

When I was at French college a few years ago we listened to some French rapper and Sherifa Luna (or something along those lines). It was amazing :P I keep meaning to put some French music on my iPod but I neer go on the laptop and I'm also too lazy to spend the time downloading and putting them on.. Maybe tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

ChemHickey wrote: »
    OMFG... I love Sexion d'Assaut! Ma direction is an awesome song...

Also look up Tal - Le sens de la vie.

It's a great, and catchy song :L

Yay! Someone else who likes Sexion d'Aussaut :) I have to check out some more of their stuff but atm ma direction and Wati house are all that I listen to! :)

And I love "le sens de la vie"! Just looked it up there. Definitely be checking out some more of her stuff.
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    It's so good :D If you learn all the words you'll know some nice things for the written pieces, I think I actually used a few in the real exam. Personal favourites included "sortir un peu de ta bulle" and verbs like se plainir; you never realize how much you're learning from these songs. :pac:
    I'll go give them a listen now! Thanks. :D

I never thought of using lyrics from French songs in the written stuff! It's a good idea and a lot easier to learn phrases from songs than learning from a book :) Do listen to Sexion d'Assaut! They're really good! :)

problemes d'adultes and Avant qu'elle parte are good sexion d'assaut songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Any people who do Spanish here? Or is it just the french squad here? >_> :P

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I do Spanish!

• Advertisement

Flabangav wrote: »
    I do Spanish!

Muy bien, yo tenía miedo de este thread porque pensaba que no había nadie que habla espanol. Nos podemos quejar sobre los demás en espanol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

Anyone do german and know any german music? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Muy bien, yo tenía miedo de este thread porque pensaba que no había nadie que habla espanol. Nos podemos quejar sobre los demás en espanol :pac:

Estudio Espanol tambien, pero no creo que estoy tan bueno como tú.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

SleepAlone wrote: »

Silbermond is one I've heard of but I find them a bit emo-y and I'm not a big fan anymore :P but you should get a few recommendations to link to on YouTube!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

LC class of 2013 to be, come next June! ;)

Hablo Espanol!! :P

SleepAlone wrote: »

You shouldnt have asked, I only know this from Fifa 05 but ask and ye shall receive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuLPJg2gwjQ

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I cannot take this amount of homework anymore! I've got time for nothing else in the evenings (apart from coming on here to whinge about it, obviously :p)

• Advertisement

I really wanted to do German. :pac: Ich spreche ein bisschen aber meine(?) deutsch ist nicht so gut.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement