Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

My exam's start on the 19th! Can't believe it's November already :eek:

Didn't even realise the CAO opens tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

My exams start tomorrow and i am just not prepared to deal with the CAO right now, still completly at that stage where i dont have a clue what to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

The insensitivity of some people amazes me. Not looking forward to school because I know I'm going to end up freaking out at one of my friends about how she's treating another good friend of ours going through a **** time :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I'm still waiting for the realisation that I'm a leaving cert to hit me and/or sink in.

I seriously need to get my head down and start doing something productive with my time in the next few weeks. If I put it down in writing I'm more likely to do it but if I don't I'm giving ye permission to hunt me down and torture me until I do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Original question: The speed, v, of an object at time t is given by :

v = 96 + 40t - 4t²

where t is in seconds and v is in metres per seconds

At what times will the speed of the object be 96 metres be 96 m/s?

curly135 wrote: »
    Put 96 in for v anyway, should cancel out the other 96 and you'll be left with 40t - 4t² = 0. Not exactly sure how it would go from there, I think you factorise and get:

t(40-4t) = 0
    t = 0 seconds

40-4t = 0
    4t = 40
    t = 10 seconds

Obviously it can't be 96 m/s at 0 seconds so the answer is 10... I could be wrong but thats my attempt at it! :p

Does anyone know is this correct?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

http://mixlr.com/radiocolm/

Give him a listen lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Dreading having to get up early again! :( some serious study will be done though :D

http://mixlr.com/radiocolm/

Give him a listen lads ;)

Who is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

buyer95 wrote: »
    Who is he?

Colm ?! :p Yano, regular-OT-poster ,IRC-setter-upper and sraith-picture-maker-funnier Colm?

It's actually really good! (don't mean to sound so surprised btw :pac:)

Yeah he's class, another distraction from study hurray!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Why is irc dead tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

Just half organised all my notes since September, still have a bit to do but now at least i only have the things i actually need in the folder i use in school.
    Really not looking forward to going back tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Just going to be the odd one out and declare I am genuinely looking forward to going back tomorrow :eek:
    OPTIMISM FTW! :P

David1994 wrote: »
    Just going to be the odd one out and declare I am genuinely looking forward to going back tomorrow :eek:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/423/untitle.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

What is wrong with you?? :p

Im a realist, not an optimist, not a pessimist, a realist.

And the reality is the leaving cert is 213 days away, and I am not at a stage were I can say " I'm working really hard and whatever I get, atleast I'll know I deserve, because I did the work ." If you are in that position, congrats, but excuse me if I don't share your optimism about returning to school tomorrow. I still badly need the kick up the arse to get going. A lot of it is down to lack of motivation on my part... But one thing I know for sure, people(i.e my family) expect me to get a certain amount of points at the minimum, and I have just stagnated, completely stagnated, some might say I'm buckling under the pressure... But I am promising myself that I will start working really hard from tomorrow on, will I do it, I want to believe I will, but who knows...

In any case, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow and the classroom, being met by a wave of " I did 7 hours of study every day during the break, but I took the weekend off, wbu? " Ah I despair, I despair:(
    (Rant over)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

As it turns out I do have my November test French oral tomorrow, nothing prepared, ah sure YOLO!

buyer95 you summed up how I feel far better than I ever could :P

God I feel all I ever do on this thread is come on and moan! Right, new me guys!

I'm Anna by the way, I think I've introduced myself before but no harm in saying hi again I suppose. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Finally accepting its only like 213 days away, and posting in here...

And saying hi too! :D

Anyone else feel superstitious that we'll be doing the leaving in 2013? xD

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

Didn't even connect the exams being in 2013 to unlucky 13. Personally, I like 13. That might just be because most people find it unlucky. I wouldn't be worried about it being unlucky. If we survive the 'end of the world' we can surely beat the Leaving Cert! : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 BroBeans353

Well I won't be able to sleep until at least 5am, Did a bit of study over the week but just going to tell my retarded english teacher I couldn't be bothered doing her english essay, have 2 tests tomorrow too..

Ahh well, i'm going to start taking this Leaving Cert craic seriously from tomorrow on, just need to stay off twitter, boards and facebook and sleep at respectable hours

The road to 450 points begins Ladies and Gentlemen...

PEACE...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

French Oral today, nothing prepared slept terribly and am feeling a bit dodge anyway :( this is gonna be interesting D: on the plus side my conversational French is okayish as long as I keep to the right verbs!

Messing around with portable tor in computers. So far, so good.

:D

Take that, website blocker. YouTube here I come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Colm ?! :p Yano, regular-OT-poster ,IRC-setter-upper and sraith-picture-maker-funnier Colm?

It's actually really good! (don't mean to sound so surprised btw :pac:)
    Oh stop it, you.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

The fifth year thread just passed us out !! :(

Ah who cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

We'll take it back lads! Nobody messes with LC2013OT and gets away with it!
    ...we need to step our game up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BroBeans353

Why do ye give a s*it that a 5th year thread has more posts?

Oh colm congrads on the radio show last night, it was one of the best.

Good way to end it for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

Isn't it a good thing the 5th year thread passed us out. It make sense since we're all spending so much time studying and not on the internet...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement