Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Bit worried for Irish. My teacher (who is absolutely dire) said she'd be doing the sraiths only after the mocks :eek: I mean, I was always gonna do bad in Irish (I hate it so much) but it's a bit late to be doing them then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

MGMTea wrote: »
    Bit worried for Irish. My teacher (who is absolutely dire) said she'd be doing the sraiths only after the mocks :eek: I mean, I was always gonna do bad in Irish (I hate it so much) but it's a bit late to be doing them then :pac:

Honours or pass? If its honours then after the mocks is cutting it very tight to do 20 sraiths in detail!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Colm! wrote: »
    We'll take it back lads! Nobody messes with LC2013OT and gets away with it!
    ...we need to step our game up though.

Ahahahahahaha!!

Sincerely,
    LC2012 Crew. (currently on OT 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

My Irish teacher is terrible!! We are doing an triail now and are doing the listening after the mocks and we haven't done a thing on essays!! And we are higher level.. We have done five of the sraith pictuirs

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Ahahahahahaha!!

Sincerely,
    LC2012 Crew. (currently on OT 4)
    /kicks out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

My Irish teacher is terrible!! We are doing an triail now and are doing the listening after the mocks and we haven't done a thing on essays!! And we are higher level.. We have done five of the sraith pictuirs

I'm on my third irish teacher in the last two years, my current irish teacher whom we got at the start of the year barely knows all our names.....

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Honours or pass? If its honours then after the mocks is cutting it very tight to do 20 sraiths in detail!

Pass, thank feck I'm not doing Honours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I was doing a chemistry question today and after writing out the answer I looked up the marking scheme to see if I got it right. Anyways I got it right but the marking scheme stated that drawing a diagram would get full marks... :L
    Like could the question not have stated"You can also draw a diagram"? Its ridiculous sometimes...Them lads up in the department are some shnakeess I tell ye! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I have four Irish tests this week starting with two on poetry tomorrow, all of which go towards our Christmas tests. And there was I thinking "ah sure, be grand. Exams don't start til next monday" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

any tips for learning sraith pictuirs?:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

/kicks out

Randy you know we're the best ones anyway, we even have our own forum.

And lads, learning Sraith Pictiurs by yourself even (there are websites with class sample stories for every pictiur) is a worthwhile investment. Because it's lile what percentage these days? Also you can always recycle the same phrases/words in other parts of the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Well really they are not too bad.I would suggest just keep going through them out loud.Trust me after two or more times going through them all you will have a good idea of them and you will start to talk more freely about them :)
    I feel they are really just repetition..Just say them through again and again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I just write out maybe 8 lines for each picture and then just read it back to myself while looking at the pictures.. I find it kinda helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Exams started today, exhausted already. 3 more tomorrow and 1 on Wednesday. Hated having to study so much over midterm. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I hate you differential calculus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I love it. :D

What way do all of ye find the easiest to study?? I know it's a bit of a random question but I don't know should I keep writing notes or just sit down and learn ? :) I know it's different for everyone but what do ye find works best? :)

I have to be walking around/pedaling excercise bike in order for anything to go in. I tend to use flash cards a lot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

What way do all of ye find the easiest to study?? I know it's a bit of a random question but I don't know should I keep writing notes or just sit down and learn ? :) I know it's different for everyone but what do ye find works best? :)

Depends on the subject I think:

Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc. - Writing up notes
    English, Maths - doing out exam questions
    French, Spanish, German - using the internet, reading, going
    over grammar
    Irish - learning vocab, grammar, phrases & exam questions
    History, Geography, etc. - Reading over the content and understanding/remembering it + notes

decisions wrote: »
    I have to be walking around/pedaling excercise bike in order for anything to go in. I tend to use flash cards a lot too.
    That's a really good idea :) I never actually tried flash cards .. Do ya just write down the information and learn it and say it off by heart??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Our school better turn on the heating and radiators tomorrow. Like seriously, it's frosty outside and I could barely bend my fingers!!

Went to piano earlier and realised I'd spent the whole week learning the wrong scales. No wonder the fingerings I had written down were very weird for what I was trying to do.............

That's a really good idea :) I never actually tried flash cards .. Do ya just write down the information and learn it and say it off by heart??

When I'm studying I break everything down to bullet points with a key word and a v. short explanation, then I put the key word on one side and the explanation on the other. Then just learn them.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

Our school better turn on the heating and radiators tomorrow. Like seriously, it's frosty outside and I could barely bend my fingers!!

Went to piano earlier and realised I'd spent the whole week learning the wrong scales. No wonder the fingerings I had written down were very weird for what I was trying to do.............

My school was basically a freezer today, I'll be wearing about 10 layers tomorrow. My school turns on the heaters for about an hour in the morning and then just leaves us to refreeze for the rest of the day.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Tomorrow being the US Presidential Elections, Vote Obama for Spring Fling Queen!

svla83.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Thats my favourite part of the course! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

My school had the heaters on all day until school finished... <3

My school, radiators on in summer but not in winter.

Anyone care to explain that logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Our school only turns the radiators on around this time, up until now they just turned them on when parents might be in the school like the open night or parent teacher meetings!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

decisions wrote: »
    I love it. :D
    Me too :D

I have a tennis ball that i just throw against the wall while reading definitions, i find just moving in general is good :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

My school has the radiators on until about 11 and then it's freezing for the rest of the day. What's really annoying is that all the teachers go mad at us if we wear hoodies or anything. One teacher gives notes to people for wearing them and she wears a big coat herself!

Also, I don't understand how some of you people like differential calculus. Despise it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement