Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I have a tennis ball that i just throw against the wall while reading definitions, i find just moving in general is good :)
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Whatever about differential calculus, but complex numbers have to be the most god damn awful things in the whole world. I have never been so confused

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

Not sure if this will be useful, but the University of Sydney have some fairly daecent notes on calculus, which I'm working my way through.

http://sydney.edu.au/stuserv/maths_learning_centre/publications.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Our school better turn on the heating and radiators tomorrow. Like seriously, it's frosty outside and I could barely bend my fingers!!

Went to piano earlier and realised I'd spent the whole week learning the wrong scales. No wonder the fingerings I had written down were very weird for what I was trying to do.............

No joke today in school felt like the windows had been left open all night, i sit next to a radiator, and not once today did it come on. I know for a fact the reason it is so cold is because all last week the there was no heat on either. Or meangey principal only puts it on for half an hour in the morning... The worst part though is we cant wear any extra layers, just the permitted uniform

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jockstrap112

my teacher hits me, when i dont do what he says..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Obvious troll is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Oh Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

this is what my teacher does to me if I don't understand something on the board :(

http://youtu.be/qZhHUugDu84

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Someone in front of me today said:
    - you should have seen her face, hash tag roflolcopter

What has the world come to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Use of hashtags on anything that isn't Twitter needs to stop, but use of it in actual conversation should be punishable. #banterfulsolutionstohashtagproblems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

No idea what to it on CAO . I hate all the courses available.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

No idea what to it on CAO . I hate all the courses available.

What an outrageous statement :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

#yearealljustoldandirrelevant

Seeing as the CAO is up online,has anyone got their CAO number yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Dumb question, but... anyone know if you fill in the online CAO in all capitals, like it'd be on the paper application? Or is just doing it normal okay? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

David1994 wrote: »
    Seeing as the CAO is up online,has anyone got their CAO number yet?

I have :D I applied half an hour after it opened :P
    curly135 wrote: »
    Dumb question, but... anyone know if you fill in the online CAO in all capitals, like it'd be on the paper application? Or is just doing it normal okay? :p

Do you mean your name and stuff? You just type that normally! :)

Flabangav wrote: »
    I have :D I applied half an hour after it opened :P

Nice! I hope we get our numbers soon :P I am dying to apply :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I've probably already asked this but anyone else getting leavimg cert hoodies? We don't usually get them until easter but we're voting on the design on Thursday so we should have them in the next few weeks. There's not a hope of me being able to decide on my favourite.........

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I've probably already asked this but anyone else getting leavimg cert hoodies? We don't usually get them until easter but we're voting on the design on Thursday so we should have them in the next few weeks. There's not a hope of me being able to decide on my favourite.........

What LC hoodies? I want one..

Nice! I hope we get our numbers soon :P I am dying to apply :L

What do you mean? They give you the number when you apply! You don't need your exam number, I don't think? Ahhh I'm worried now :P

• Advertisement

0mega wrote: »

I too, vouch for this.

@Flabangav I just realised that I was getting confused. I forgot you just apply and are given a number I think? Was thinking of having to use exam number :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

0mega wrote: »

Ye don't get hoodies!? :( They're kind of a tradition around here. Every year in my school the leaving certs get hoodies. They're navy and we get to design something to be embroidered on the front and back. The design with the most votes gets to be on the hoody. There's usually some kind of really nice quote on it aswell.

@Flabangav I just realised that I was getting confused. I forgot you just apply and are given a number I think? Was thinking of having to use exam number :L

Yeah I think that's how it is! Good, I was frantically searching my application page :pac:

Yeah I think that's how it is! Good, I was frantically searching my application page :pac:

Hahaha sorry about that :L We just make a new one don't we...like dont need last years one? :P Bit confused about that.

Hahaha sorry about that :L We just make a new one don't we...like dont need last years one? :P Bit confused about that.

In the qualifications section you can put in your examination number from last year :) and the year you did the leaving cert. In case we manage to do worse :pac:

In the qualifications section you can put in your examination number from last year :) and the year you did the leaving cert. In case we manage to do worse :pac:

Thats handy then :pac: Gracias!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I LOVE THE IRC. Sorry just had to get that out there

Welcome aboard by the way! (Pun most definitely INTENDED :pac:) Don't worry about being new to this ... It's a good crowd on here :) Hows the ol' LC going for ya? :)

Oh hey, sorry I never saw the reply, Silly me :rolleyes: Love the pun btw:P Well I have been a long time lurker:D but I must admit its way more interesting being able to chat back ;) As for the LC :mad: Can't wait to get it over and done with :cool: How about yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Oh hey, sorry I never saw the reply, Silly me :rolleyes: Love the pun btw:P Well I have been a long time lurker:D but I must admit its way more interesting being able to chat back ;) As for the LC :mad:Can't wait to get it over and done with :cool: How about yourself?

Well I'm not gonna lie I did steal from someone else :pac:

Like myself s :p I was using boards ages before I signed up

Don't worry, it flies :) I don't really mind the whole school/studying scene tbh so it's OK :) Stressful but OK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Well I'm not gonna lie I did steal from someone else :pac:

Like myself s :p I was using boards ages before I signed up

Don't worry, it flies :) I don't really mind the whole school/studying scene tbh so it's OK :) Stressful but OK!

The whole year flying by is what I am worried about, I just can't find the time to study! I mean my Christmas tests are in 3 weeks(which are basically my mocks) and I haven't opened a book for them yet :eek: Oh well :rolleyes:

Btw, doesn't matter who made the pun, it's still awesome :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement