Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

HugsiePie wrote: »
    The whole year flying by is what I am worried about, I just can't find the time to study! I mean my Christmas tests are in 3 weeks(which are basically my mocks) and I haven't opened a book for them yet :eek: Oh well :rolleyes:

Btw, doesn't matter who made u the pun, it's still awesome :D

Same actually! I'm still in shock that it's November

Be grand, three weeks is loads of time ;)

Basically you're mocks? You mean ya don't have exams again before the LC? That's handy enough :)

What subjects you doing? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I hate the feeling of going to bed feeling like you haven't done enough today.

:(

0mega wrote: »

+1

Nothin' worse than study guilt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I just haven't been able to study at all lately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I always feel like this !! :( I always say ill start tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Same actually! I'm still in shock that it's November

Be grand, three weeks is loads of time ;)

Basically you're mocks? You mean ya don't have exams again before the LC? That's handy enough :)

What subjects you doing? :)

Well, I do subjects that most would consider to be more so along the easier side of the lc, but I can ensure you they are not :mad::
    Well I do the 3 compulsory ones (aka the pains in the bud :D), and
    Art
    Biology
    Business
    Spanish and LCVP

:pac: What about your self?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BroBeans353

Anyone have any tips on studying German? I made a thread yesterday but nobody has responded, I'm handy enough at oral/tape just need to know what to do for the written? Danke :)

I've got my first two results back for my Halloween exams

Two A2s, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Anyone have any tips on studying German? I made a thread yesterday but nobody has responded, I'm handy enough at oral/tape just need to know what to do for the written? Danke :)

First learn the past tense. Then learn the cases. Then learn vocab .

Or do all at once :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I got a request from Eurovisionmad for this one:
    50pTf.jpg

The rest are here (in case some of our newer members haven't seen them)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

I find myself that reading over the comprehensions in the exam papers and translating them or whatever helps a lot :) try finding some videos on youtube of songs or short films in german as well, the more you hear it being spoken the better you'll be able to recognise words/phrases etc. Plus for the written you'll have a wider vocab cause of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Do any of ye have that teacher that pisses ye off so much one day, and then that evening you have homework to do for his/her class, and you're just like ''fúck it, she pissed me off today so she can get the consequences of me not doing my homework >:)'' ? Had one of those days yesterday, with my accounting teacher... haha

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Well, I do subjects that most would consider to be more so along the easier side of the lc, but I can ensure you they are not :mad::
    Well I do the 3 compulsory ones (aka the pains in the bud :D), and
    Art
    Biology
    Business
    Spanish and LCVP

:pac: What about your self?

No such thing as an easy LC subject ;)

I do Irish, Maths, Business, History, Biology and Economics :) Only doing six this year though so if I make a mess of one I'm in trouble :pac: (Project Maths I'm looking at you!)

Flabangav wrote: »
    In the qualifications section you can put in your examination number from last year :) and the year you did the leaving cert. In case we manage to do worse :pac:

Can't seem to find where you do this? I've ticked the box "Irish Leaving Cert exams" under qualifications and assessment but where do you put in your exam number from last year? Care to spell it out for me? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Can't seem to find where you do this? I've ticked the box "Irish Leaving Cert exams" under qualifications and assessment but where do you put in your exam number from last year? Care to spell it out for me? :p

I think I'd finished the rest of the application and just edited my qualifications and it has a space for your exam number and year? I can't really remember! But I think that's how I did it!

Flabangav wrote: »
    I think I'd finished the rest of the application and just edited my qualifications and it has a space for your exam number and year? I can't really remember! But I think that's how I did it!

Got it! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Our Christmas (November) tests start next week, not a tap of work done, I've never been this unmotivated for exams. I'm actually at the stage where I hope I do poorly so it'll give the kick up the arse I need to start working!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Our only exams are the mocks. In a way I wish we had Christmas exams as it would be something to work for that isn't a few months away. Although our exams do start in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

FEW MORE SURE:

kUcH2.jpg
    7Tinm.jpg
    k5jIF.png

I've got a facebook page for this now: http://fb.com/AAAAAGGHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

^ I love these! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

AHAHAHAHA the 3rd picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Bit of a random question but What day is the worst for ye?? Mine is Tuesday cause I have triple maths (1 at lunch) and double Irish!! It's so unfair cause I don't get time to eat any lunch and have to do after school study till 6!!

Thursday! First 3 classes are French, Irish English. Bleugh

Colm! wrote: »
    FEW MORE SURE:

kUcH2.jpg

While on the subject of sraith pictuirí check out the last picture on the 6th one, the one about the hotel being a pig sty. The perv is checking his sister out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Had a dream last night after watching Derren Brown's apocolypse where I ran into him in town. He decided to hypnotise me for the craic and told me that studying was my only pride and joy and somehow made my brain remember stuff really easily, walked out of the exam with 500 :cool:

If only that was possible :(

Anyone notice that the number of people using this forum has increased massively? 100 people online now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

But how many are actually posting, not many. This thread is still quiet a lot of the time.

Anyone notice that the number of people using this forum has increased massively? 100 people online now!

Well duh, ever since I joined people can't wait to join :p You know, being the ultra-cool trend setter that I am ;)

(Sarcasm.......in case it wasn't obvious)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Colm! wrote: »
    FEW MORE SURE:

kUcH2.jpg
    7Tinm.jpg
    k5jIF.png

Just went on facebook to like your page but before I did, I checked my news feed and seriously not kidding, atleast 6 of my (non-boards users) friends had posted about your page :) You're famous! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

LONGEST WEEK EVER. and its not even over yet:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Any Applied Maths heads (or more than likely anybody who has done integration) wanna help me with this?

Solve

dy/dx+y+2xy=0

if y=2 when x=0.

I think I'm right in saying when you separate it out its:
    (1/y)(dy+y)=-2x(dx)

But then do you integrate it to this?:

[ln(y)(y^2/2)] = [-x^2]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement