Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painful MRI?

Options
  • 01-06-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I was diagnosed with MS last year, and had 2 MRIs at the time which were absolutely pain-free, and I also had a lumbar puncture after the MRIs. I recently had another MRI, my first since the lumbar puncture, and this time it hurt. When it came to the final part where they were imaging my thoracic spine it felt like getting the anaesthetic injection (the uncomfortable, really unpleasant part of the lumbar puncture) again. And afterwards my back was kinda sore for the rest of the day. It really felt like I'd gotten the lumbar puncture all over again, but without the headache. I'll most likely never mention this to a medical professional as I'd be too embarassed that I might be imagining it. You shouldn't feel an MRI, but I was just wondering if anyone here has ever experienced anything like this? It was definitely not brought on by any anxiety about the MRI, like I said, this is my third and I like small spaces.

Advertisement