Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frustrated

Options
  • 01-06-2011 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi ladies, i posted here a few weeks ago asking about fertility monitors, i ended up buying one i received it just one hour after the lastest time that i could have started using it :mad:

Anyway i decided not to worry about that i could take it easy till 1st day of my next period to start it, which now would have been 10 days ago, it just didnt arrive, of course i got excited 2 days late and did a test it was neg, then again 4 days late (i used the strips) neg again, reason i checked twice was because my breasts are killing me still are (i get sore boobs every month) im also very tired.

Now 2 days ago i got spotting just once and stopped then back today and gone again, i have an appointment with a doctor 2moro but i was wondering what ye think??????
    Thanks xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Hi Missmelo, I feel your pain :(

Its hard to say whats happening really, are you long off the pill by any chance?
    As sometimes that can mess with your cycle & leave you with no period some month/longer cycles.
    I had one month where like you I got so excited & somehow managed to make myself wait til I was a week overdue. big fat feckin negative though :mad: and the next day...and the next & the next...
    I literally just skipped one month, don't think I even ovulated either

I have read where people have been 2+ weeks overdue before they got a positive result, so there is a chance still that you might be pregnant, but that the levels of HCG (pregnancy hormone) isn't high enough yet.
    A lot of the cheapie tests don't pick up the HCG til the level is quite high.

Take for example if you normally have a 28 day cycle, you ovulate on day 14 so would expect your period 14 days later.
    If for some reason you ovulated later in the month, say day 20; then pregnancy tests may not read as pregnant until day 34 of your cycle.

The spotting could have been an implantation bleed, or it could have been a really mild period.

I hope all goes well with your GP & that you get some answers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missmelo

Hi thanks for replying,

Doc did a test today and said defo not pregnant, that possibly didnt even ovulate due to the fact my period is missing, ha sounds funny, but i think she is actually starting to take me serious now, about time to its a year and a half now!!
    She said to relax in 6 months she will start tests if nothing happens.

Yea im off the pill 2 years but had been on it a long time 8 years so it prob takes time.

Ah well head up and enjoy the weather for now, thanks again xxx

Sorry to hear that you're not pregnant :( I'm glad your GP is being proactive, though it sounds like its taking her long enough.

I thought most gp's told people to try for 6-12 months then started investigations.
    Considering you've been trying already for 18 months, I can't understand why she wants you to wait a further 6 months.

I went to my gp 6 months of ttc after a miscarriage & she referred be straight away.
    Just to let you know, that was 6 months ago & I still haven't heard from the gynae about an appointment!
    So if you do wait the 6 months, it could realistically be 12 months+ before anything gets done.

I went to a private gynae & for a private ultrasound in the mean time. No answers (or positive pregnancy test :rolleyes:) as yet, but it did feel a bit more proactive at the time.

I hope you do get your positive result very soon :)

Yes i thought the same about the time frame, but she just said she is not worried, easy for her to say my doctor tends to be slow with alot of things.

Yea i expect il be waiting a while alright but hopefully i wont have to :)

I hope you get a positive soon also xxx

Oh god how would ya be well cap, last week i was complaining of no period now it wont go away :(

At least i got to start my monitor, but it showed high fertility on day 6 and every day since on day 11 now, can you be fertile and spot at same time, i have been trying to research it but cant find anything.

Really goes to show we dont know everything as its not so straight forward for everyone.
    Maybe i think about it too much

• Advertisement

That's great that you got a positive read on the ovulation test! yes absolutely possible to bleed during ovulation (spotting anyway).

It can be so hard to track these things down can't it? nothing straight forward when it comes to trying to conceive!!

Well its just that since my period i havent stopped bleeding, this happened before christmas and i was given a tab to stop it to help regulate it, it worked for few months.

I got a high fertility reading today again, but i think thats normal with the monitor for 1st month anyway until it becomes used to your body

Advertisement